Air vs. Ground Balance. You can't make it fair by making nobody happy. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No humans here, just meat popsicles.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-31, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Re: Air vs. Ground Balance. You can't make it fair by making nobody happy.

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
It's the air vs ground balance in casual and lone wolving play that's not quite there yet and it''s my believe that these players are most frustrated atm. Getting your tank killed out of nowhere with just one rocket volley of an ESF is just a frustrating experience as is the inability for a single player to have a fighting chance against a liberator with their stock weapons.
I don't agree with either of your arguments. I feel they bring to much of a 1vs1 balance scenario into a team-based game.

1. Rolling a tank solo without paying attention to your surroundings should leave you disadvantaged vs air. Especially with MBTs it's you own fault if you don't have a gunner to watch out for ESF/Liberator threats.

2. The Liberator is a multi-crew vehicle, and only really dangerous with at least 2 players. After the recent AA changes it's flimsy enough tbh. Give solo players more tools to handle AA threats and Liberators will be gone entirely.

I know Liberator balance is a sensitive point with many players, but IMO it's at a good spot atm - it still feels dangerous on the 'recieving' end, but there are enough ways to counter a Liberator now.

The whole concept of lone-wolving revolves around keeping a low profile until you hit your intended target. There should never be a situation where one player is effective vs anything the other team throws at him - see the ESF debate for reference.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion