PSU: Dude, you're gettin' an ANT
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2011-10-02, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Warning Sign

Well there is always server admin tools to move people between squads.

Thankfully PlanetSide 2 will be PC only, we don't have to deal with Console's limitations.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-10-02, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Yeah, origin sux big floppy donkey ....., the browser based battlelog thing is awful too. The bugs tho, this is beta, you guys should expect bugs, its not a free trial, its beta. If it all goes live, then feel free to whine.

And the probs with terrible decisions is we buy it anyway. MW is in all reality very simplistic and nothin new in the least. A monkey could design it. But its name recognition paired with good graphics considering its a console game, and it gets teh basic simplistic, very fast paced, military fps shooter right. It all comes down to make it sell like hotcakes even if they screw everyone over with servers or whatever. Someone else will pay for the servers or whatever, its not enough to stop people from playin but it lets them net more cash. Honestly tho if you make as much as they do, you should be focusing on makin absolute top notch sequels and respect and pay back your customer base. You make more money in the end, ask blizzard or valve.

In the case of BF3, the origin and browser bs is all part of the evil EA, not really Dice. They want to steal some of Steam's....steam. Luckily, they suck at it, and we know it and dont trust em. They only even get us to try it by claiming some BS reason and pulling big games off of steam and forcing us to use Origin to buy them online. And on top of that, they make the games ONLY run on Origin if you play online, so you are required to use Origin even if you buy a boxed copy.

I got it to try the beta, but honestly have no interest in BF3, other than the graphics. The gameplay is...well its all the crap i wish they'd stop doin in ps2, but worse with the even faster deaths than BC2. Its just more of the same sadly, nothin new or innovative really. More of a graphics overhaul plus new maps, not bad, but just doesnt interest me. Esp with the more solo focused direction of the game which is dull and boring, somethin that drives me nuts with the direction of ps2 as well.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
Old 2011-10-02, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

Haveant seen anyone mention this.

From a gamespy article posted yesterday:

In other Battlefield 3 news, DICE has posted a list of Beta bugs and problems that will be fixed with the release of the full game. Here's what will be getting attention:
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target's visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".
DICE has confirmed that no patch will be released for the Beta. So you're going to have put up with these bugs for a couple more weeks yet, unfortunately.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-3/1197658p1.html
Old 2011-10-03, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Crysis 2, now BF3. It seems to me that EA just waste all their money on advertising and than sell crap. Good way to go. If BF3 fails as Crysis2 did, I promise I'll never buy any EA product. A company that has only care for money but not for buyers deserves neither.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2011-10-03, 06:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Levente
First Sergeant

its just sad that we have to beg for basic features we had in BF2. like the squad system for example. who was that fuckin monkey who said its a good idea to not include that in a "true sequel"? you know what would be funny? if IW would include proper squad system in mw3 lol i would laugh my ass off
Old 2011-10-03, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
ikon
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Levente View Post
its just sad that we have to beg for basic features we had in BF2. like the squad system for example. who was that fuckin monkey who said its a good idea to not include that in a "true sequel"? you know what would be funny? if IW would include proper squad system in mw3 lol i would laugh my ass off
its nothing new.

we had to convince blizzard to give starcraft 2 a chat system......lewl

& even when they decided to do it, they went half assed
Old 2011-10-03, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

They never confirmed it yet.... They actually said they were discussing it.

No need to freak out yet. Come oct 25th if I can't squad with my friends I won't be playing it's that simple.

I'm not gonna squad up with people that sit in 1 area and never move. Which happens soo much on operation metro. Map is awful btw.
Old 2011-10-03, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tigersmith View Post

No need to freak out yet. Come oct 25th if I can't squad with my friends I won't be playing it's that simple.

I'm not gonna squad up with people that sit in 1 area and never move. Which happens soo much on operation metro. Map is awful btw.
zh1nto confirmed it on twitter. That map is smaller then a cod map lol
Old 2011-10-03, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea where did the link to the confirmation go anyway - i know I had it..

Edit: https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/120072134226751488

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-10-04, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Tigersmith View Post

Agreed. I hate that map, makes me not want to bother with the beta.

Anyway the internet browser crap and the squad issue irk me quite a bit to the point of not wanting to buy. Though the guys I play with occupy a whole server, so I guess the squadding isn't as bad if you know the guys. I see NO reason why it should be taken out anyway.

EDIT: I am reading now there is going to be a better management system for joining regular ones and the making of private squads.

Last edited by Goku; 2011-10-04 at 04:23 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion