Where would you suggest a new player put his first 5000 certs? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey! He stole my NTU!!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-02-05, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Fimconte
Private

Re: Where would you suggest a new player put his first 5000 certs?

If you like flying, then dump it all into repair tool 5/6 and ESF unlocks.

Out of my 7456, 5786 are in the Scythe. out of these ~240 are into something that I don't use and could ignored (Saron Magazine 1, A2A ammo, PPA ammo, Racer 1).

Still missing a few key upgrades (A2G Rockets Reload Time, Hailstorm R4 Magazine, R9/10 Acquisition), but I'm almost done with the Scythe.

And if you love flying, this is the way to go.

P.S. Cap is 10k certs.
Old 2013-02-06, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ysanne
Private

I would not listen to "Upgrade your vehicle/aircraft first". You can be sure everyone giving this advice has bought a lockon rocket launcher recently.
Old 2013-02-06, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Fimconte
Private

Originally Posted by Ysanne View Post
I would not listen to "Upgrade your vehicle/aircraft first". You can be sure everyone giving this advice has bought a lockon rocket launcher recently.
Lock-On rockets are a non-issue if you fly smart and have the right unlocks.

1.5s-2s to lock on, flares 5 seconds, 1.5s-2s to lock again.

If you can't dump your payload and get out of the area in 8-9 seconds then you should reconsider flying.
Old 2013-02-06, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

You should teach the Scythe pilots I schooled last night on Waterson some flying skills. I nailed three of them and made their Lib run twice.

Old 2013-02-06, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Assist
Contributor
Major

Assuming they're trying to gain certs the fastest and a VS character(duh, VS OP NERF):

2 Rank Medkit - 150
1 SMG - 1000? Soft Point + Grip + IR/NV? 200?
Infil - Ammo Belt2 + Prox Mine 2 = 950
Orion - + Grip + IR/NV 200?
Heavy Assault - NanoArmor4, MeshShield4 = 400?

~2000 left
Light Assault - Jumpjets 4, AmmoBelt 2, Smoke Grenade =~800
Carbine/SMG/Pandora + IR/NV attachment

Decimator or Annihilator. 1000

Think that about does it, I don't know all the costs just guessed ;\

I'd avoid all vehicles with the way they're playing right now. The reward is only in vehicles for mass group play and it seems to be a roll of a dice whether or not you get destroyed in those groups.
Infil with SMG + Prox mines is just too good right now at bringing in certs, it's still a 35-40k/hr score ratio. LA with SMG + C4 is probably the more effective team build.

Then there's also support builds, but currently they don't bring in the certs that other offensive setups get.
Old 2013-02-09, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
PTG HooT
Corporal

Pick the kits you like and cert up the perk you use most.

Medic - cert up the medic revive gun thing. Then go somewhere busy and you'll recoup the certs in under an hour.

Pick the Gun you want to use and if you prefer aim down sight mdeium range shooting stick a 2x sight and foregrip.

If you prefer close range spraying - put the laser sight and reflex sight for those rare moments you need to ADS.

I would have suggested the NV sight but since they took out the ability to see infiltrators when cloaked in the recent patch you don't particularly need it ovr any other.
Old 2013-04-24, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Awezomenezz
Private

I recommend getting bolt action sniper if you are tr or vs, c4 for la, everything that costs 1 or 10 certs and doesn't have downsides (being able to replace it is downside), few ranks to medic heal gun and engineer repair gun, proximity mines for infiltrator and engineer, tank mines for engineer, suit unlocks of your choice, some attachments including laser sight on pistol and scope(s) on every weapon, smg or shotgun on infiltrator
Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Get the Annhilator and farm everything you can lock on with it.
and of course other stuff that is useful.
Old 2013-05-01, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Fenrys
Major

Burster + upgrades: 2,900
Skyguard + upgrades: 2,892

Because **** pilots.
Old 2013-05-08, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Anton Cachat
Private

Well noticed u downgraded your 5k certs to 1k....lol. I started (and still play) as a `free` player. ie had just 30 certs 2 start and a lousy broadband. So suffered from lag a lot. Put my initial certs into improving the infiltrator starting weapon, then cloak, then nano. Then moved on 2 improving the LA by getting a 2* holo and a NV scope. Next improving the jump pack and nano.
Howver my broadband got uprated and game ran far better. Also found I liked playing solo armor (lightning) and was making more certs now. So shifted 2 Engineer class and Lightning. The engineer as a support 4 the armor needs a good repair tool so uprated it. The lightning needed better armor. combat chassis, NV on gun, more ammo slots later better gun of the players choice. Still being cert short got the cheaper option of HEAT,
hope this helps
Old 2013-05-24, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Technologist
Private

Download this and play on the test server. They give you 10,000 free certs on that account. Some people think 5000 certs is plenty but in all reality you'll need about 8,000 certs just to max out one ESF properly. I'm at 50,000 certs and wish I had more.

http://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_Test_setup.exe
Old 2013-06-01, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Shogun
Contributor
General

i would suggest to go to VR, test which weapons you feel comfortable with and buy only ONE per class first. (if you don´t like a gun that can be used by more than one class)

then at first, upgrade these guns with all the extra stuff (sights,foregrip,etc.) according to your needs.

don´t buy a lot of weapons you can´t use effectively because you don´t have sights for them!

i only bought 2 guns, the bursters and the aa and av rocketlaunchers,
then upgraded the guns and used all my earned certs on the engineer support stuff like ammobox and repairtool.

oh, and a very important thing: if you use vehicles, have the decency to at least buy and install the first upgrades for all attatched guns! the first zoom and additional ammo only cost 1 certpoint, and really helps your gunners! there are more certs that only cost 1 point, go through your cert trees and buy them all!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-03, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Ellipson
Private

My 2c:

Picking out and certing out your weapons of choice and your chassis of choice should be your first focus. Getting your aiming and movement to the end goal quickly allows you get used to the recoil, bloom, handling, et cetera as soon as possible. When I play alts, I feel the lack of scopes, grip, laser sight, et cetera more than having Nanoweave 5 or Composite 3.
Old 2013-06-07, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hypergrip
Private

If you have decided you want to stick with PS2 for the forseeable future, and you have a couple of [inser your currency here], I recommend buying some station cash and unlocking the weapons of your choice with it, while spending your hard earned certs of upgrading your class(es), vehicles and weapons.
Pretty much everyone in my outfit bought the second Burster for the MAX as one of the first weapons, there's a lot of occasions where you can put it to good use.
If you like sniping, I recommend getting a bolt action rifle (my favourite is the NC Longshot).

My first couple of certs went into upgrading my Engineer's repair tool, my Heavy Assault's Nano Weave Armor, Jump Jets and 2x C4 for my Light Assault, and various weapon upgrades across all classes.
After that I spend a s**tload of certs on my Reaver, thinking I might actually be able to become a half descent pilot. (spoiler: I was wrong).

However, the most useful certs I spent so far might be the ones I invested into upgrading my Flash. Scout Radar lvl 4 + vehicle stealth make it a great asset for my squad (and allies nearby) when attacking or defending a base.

Unlocking AMS for the Sunderer is also a no-brainer I guess. It doesn't even cost much.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions