The Oracle of Death, Part II - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hot Dogs are Yummy
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-27, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The Oracle of Death, Part II

Heh, looks like the cat's out of the bag on Nebulas. Ah well, I enjoyed my hipsterdom while it lasted.
Old 2013-09-29, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
phungus
Master Sergeant

Can you use this to check the deaths by a weapon over a time period? I'm interested because I think the lock on changes, after the last hotfix, will show a significant change to stats, reflected by the fact the Striker is no longer so powerful. There were some good arguments (many I made) and data from the Oracle of Death showing the effects of the striker, I'm curious to see how the changes to the striker rockets (no longer clipping through terrain, loses fire and forget ability and instead requires the heavy to maintain lock until rocket hits) change the data from when the Striker was clearly the best at everything launcher.
Old 2013-09-29, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MerlO
Private

Originally Posted by phungus View Post
Can you use this to check the deaths by a weapon over a time period? I'm interested because I think the lock on changes, after the last hotfix, will show a significant change to stats, reflected by the fact the Striker is no longer so powerful. There were some good arguments (many I made) and data from the Oracle of Death showing the effects of the striker, I'm curious to see how the changes to the striker rockets (no longer clipping through terrain, loses fire and forget ability and instead requires the heavy to maintain lock until rocket hits) change the data from when the Striker was clearly the best at everything launcher.
maradine was going to grab a comparable data set to compare before/after the lock on change
Old 2013-09-29, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MerlO
Private

MBT AV Secondaries from 1st week WDS:

Enforcer and Vulcan look close, surprised that Saron is so far ahead..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing

Old 2013-09-30, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
MGP
Sergeant

Originally Posted by MerlO View Post
maradine was going to grab a comparable data set to compare before/after the lock on change
They have already reverted the change/bug on Striker, it's now once again fire-and-forget, like the rest of lockons.

Old 2013-09-30, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
phungus
Master Sergeant

Need to compare after the last hotfix. Right after the lock on change strikers created even more havok because they caused infinite lock on tone - requiring using flares or muting sounds if you didn't have flares/smoke every time they were used against a target!
Old 2013-09-30, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

Can you have stats per server (the busiest ones at least) ? I'm wondering if there are noticeable differences between them. Should they exist, it might mean servers can have some kind of local metagame. It would need more time to have statistically significant results though.
Old 2013-10-03, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

Not every tool should be judged solely on its kill ability. I love concuss grenades, for example.
Old 2013-10-03, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

nvm.

Last edited by Plaqueis; 2013-10-03 at 06:29 PM.
Old 2013-10-05, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
MerlO
Private

Hi Maradine, would it be possible to provide a query for daily total empire kills? Rather than having to query every weapon and summing...
Old 2013-10-06, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Stomps
Private

Dear Oracle, after reading a thread about how NC teamkill each other and TR have a friendly inviting manner, would it be possible to test this by sampling how many times players of each faction are teamkilled and if possible, run a second time for soldiers teamkilled more than once by the same person (also in the api).

Thank you O oracle!
Old 2013-10-06, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Hi Maradine, would it be possible to provide a query for daily total empire kills? Rather than having to query every weapon and summing...
Yeah, that shouldn't be a big deal. I'll take a look this week.

Originally Posted by Stomps View Post
Dear Oracle, after reading a thread about how NC teamkill each other and TR have a friendly inviting manner, would it be possible to test this by sampling how many times players of each faction are teamkilled and if possible, run a second time for soldiers teamkilled more than once by the same person (also in the api).

Thank you O oracle!
Hmm.

The first half of that is pretty simple, though it would require a new index to return in any reasonable amount of time. The second half would require some interesting caching work, since you don't get that sort of data outright. Essentially, I'd need to throw every apparent TK into memcache with a attacker->victim key, set a reasonable expiry, and watch for duplicate insertions. Possible? Yeah. October? Probably not. On the list, though. It would definitely be an interesting pull, especially by server.
Old 2013-10-07, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Stomps
Private

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Hmm.

The first half of that is pretty simple, though it would require a new index to return in any reasonable amount of time. The second half would require some interesting caching work, since you don't get that sort of data outright. Essentially, I'd need to throw every apparent TK into memcache with a attacker->victim key, set a reasonable expiry, and watch for duplicate insertions. Possible? Yeah. October? Probably not. On the list, though. It would definitely be an interesting pull, especially by server.
Thanks for considering it, what i noticed was on peoples killfeeds they have the kills/deaths listed by number, would this help?

Example (stats from some random I checked out randomly and happened to still be open on a tab)

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5...rd/?view=kills
Old 2013-10-11, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
MerlO
Private

Updated Phoenix/Striker/Lancer stats:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Wc&usp=sharing

Key dates:
pre 9/15 - Striker lockon changed
9/19 - ESRL on sale
9/27 - Warpgate rotation / hotfix changes lock on behavior?

Daily KPU trend:

The Phoenix and Striker seem relatively stable KPU wise. It's not apparent to me, from this data, that the 9/27 hotfix has significantly changed the effectiveness of the Striker pre-hotfix. The Lancer KPU looks to be dropping - possibly the lancer not as effective in the Indar SE warpgate? (i've never used the Striker or Lancer)
Old 2013-10-11, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
MerlO
Private

Harasser bonanza! All harasser weapon data for the last few weeks:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lE&usp=sharing

So much death by TR:

NC/VS Harasser Furys don't kill enough to keep pace with the Marauder-H.

Comparison with MBT ES Secondaries:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing

The harasser platform puts the Vulcan-H and Marauder-H way ahead of MBT versions - the Vulcan-H even does ~10% less damage than Vulcan. If only there was kill data broken down by Vehicle/Infantry kills. Is it possible Maradine?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion