Spawns DESPERATELY need a redesign... - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh bugger.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-06-04, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Spawns DESPERATELY need a redesign...

I know it's been said a million times over, and I know there's been gajillions of threads about it, but spawn shield camping is literally the one thing that makes this game a snorefest right now.

And what really irritates me the most is that it can be very easily fixed!

Take a look at Planetside 1. Where were ALL of the spawn tubes?

They were ALL indoors, and underground, faaaar away from any sign of vehicle activity. The only way you could get to an enemy spawn is by getting out of your tank and making the trek inside the base to quell the spawntubes.

So why not do the same here??

If the spawn entrances/exits were underground, out of sight from vehicles, they wouldn't be able to be camped like this.

Now I know what you're going to say; "Oh, but then the vehicles will just camp the tunnel exit, it will be the same thing!"

But that actually won't be the case provided they build the tunnels properly, having several different exits, including one that will take you directly underneath the capture points.

This will also create an area for infantry to fight over bases without the threat of getting blasted by some vehicle that they haven't even seen yet, featuring awesome underground pushes like we used to see when one team raided the backdoor in Planetside 1.

If one team vastly outnumbers another, sure, they could still push inside those tunnels and get to the spawn and camp it, but if they are capable of pushing that far underground with infantry, they deserve to be able to destroy the spawns. So of course, there should be NO shields protecting these underground spawns and the tubes should be destructible. Maybe include a pain field as well.

I'm sure the devs are already planning on doing this, as many of the base layouts have areas already designated for tunnel entrances, but they need to prioritize this!

Seriously, I am soooo sick of having an epic base raid, capturing the point, then having the enemy locked in spawn and find yourself saying, "Oh, 5 minutes until capture? Guess it's time to redeploy and find a new fight..."

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion