The Return of BFRs??? - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Protoss StarCraft Universe.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-10, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Re: The Return of BFRs???

Well technically this game is different on many fronts. One of them is terrain. So if the height of the guns is a strategic use, it alone could make them viable in different locations.

Could be cool to give them half damage reduction from AV and a 2x multiplier to AI(if those mechanics exist in PS2 now.) and let them be infantry sweepers with AV and AA options. Basically staying power the current Medium tanks cant do becuase this game kills everything in one hit instead of 2 like in PS...

It's all about ratio!! ><

Last edited by Ait'al; 2013-04-10 at 11:11 AM.
Old 2013-04-10, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
You're missing the point. You titled it "BFRSOMGNO" and nobody is actually taking a closer look at the picture because of that...
You quoted the SOE message and asked me to define it. I said to ask them.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-04-10, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
You quoted the SOE message and asked me to define it. I said to ask them.
I asked what you think it meant, but I guess whatever...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-04-10, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Exactly, a bit of a lame argument.

Personal choice/opinion, fair enough.

I personally don't like the Scout Walker idea, I find the whole concept (here or anywhere) a bit clumsy. I'm not going to say that such a thing doesn't belong in Planetside or that the game doesn't need them, though.
Old 2013-04-10, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
I asked what you think it meant, but I guess whatever...
Well that is an actual question. Perhaps phrase it as such next time. You quoted their message and it looked as if you were asking me to define what they were asking. As for your question, the message looks to me that they are featuring the fan art and asking the players if they would want something like it, a mech, in the game? BFRs were mechs.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-04-10, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Funny stuff. Mech Warrior ? I remind myself to try to refrain from making assumptions about SOEs plans. Why do we mindlessly jump to conclusions about possible new elements to the game ? If this is from an outside artist, it's even more reckless to fly off on the centuries old "I hate BFRs" rant....

I'm not crazy about SOE adding Mechs, or bringing back BFRs. However, they could bring back Mechs and/or BFRs. The MORE shit SOE adds the more whining & balance issues they invite.

Add Mechs ? Sure. Go for it. Put them on ONE Continent. Let people CHOOSE to deal with them, or not. OPTIONS. CHOICES. These are good things. Of course, BALANCE is really where the tipping point comes into play.

There is a point where too much content is likely to hurt the game more than it helps. Gimmicks are just that.

I'd love to see the designers have "modules". From week-to-week, or month-to-month they could switch out different base modules. Hallways would change, vehicle bay layout would change in some way (maybe only from N/S to E/W). Spawn rooms might move up or down a floor. Infantry terms could be at different locations. The entire base may rotate 45 degrees on its axis, etc.....

The game could be made to feel more fresh without going for New-is-always-better. The ca$h-driven reality is than SOE is addicted to new weapons & camos to get money.

Sony is focused on getting us to $ub, buy boo$t$, and generally get u$ to $pend money everywhere they can work an angle. This business model will always be a major factor working against SOE implementing positive new changes & content. Will future changes be for better gameplay, or a way to implement new revenue $tream$ ?

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-04-10 at 11:37 AM.
Old 2013-04-10, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I look forward to see the bfr back in action soon. I dont know why everybody is whinning. Post-nerf bfr in ps1 was really a nice addition on the battlefield.
Old 2013-04-10, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

/grinds teeth
Old 2013-04-10, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

We have room for more vehicles, we only have seven.
Old 2013-04-10, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Ok i get it BFRs were overpowered as shit. I mean I saw videosof the "flying" one and i get all that. But were some of oyu people so traumatised by that thar you automaticly get some sort of violent psychological reaction to anythhing that moves on mechanical legs?

Looking at some of the posts here and on the author's thread on the official forums I get the impression that if MAXes were not part of PS1 and were instead a PS2 addition a lot of these people would flip out just as much about them.

Remember kids. Just becouse it moves on legs does not mean that it is 3 stories high and has the armor and firepower of a small tank column.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-04-10 at 05:06 PM.
Old 2013-04-10, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
Ok i get it BFRs were overpowered as shit. I mean I saw videosof the "flying" one and i get all that. But were some of oyu people so traumatised by that thar you automaticly get some sort of violent psychological reaction to anythhing that moves on mechanical legs?
The BFR introduction and its ancillary mechanics were a critical factor in ruining what many here consider to be one of the all-time greats in gaming history. If you were in that boat, you might have a strong visceral reaction, too.

Unrelated, if I want to play with giant robots, I have no shortage of options.
Old 2013-04-10, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

^

Hell yes to the 12 hour cooldown between Empire swapping. Ideally, I could log into a diff alt at the WG, and review stats, cash-in Certs,.....with a 5-to-10 minute timer before I had the 12-hour lockdown kick-in.

Sometimes, with multiple alts/Empires, you need to go thru your Cert Trees and do some maintenance & strategizing. If you don't leave the WG, or text, or in any way engage in a fight or leave the WG, you should have a little bit of time to manage your toons.....once you leave a WG and enter the Map - that Char's Empire lockdown timer is started. Even then, the time you can log onto an Empire and sit in your WG should be limited to 10 minutes.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-04-10 at 05:26 PM.
Old 2013-04-10, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post

Looking at some of the posts here and on the author's thread on the official forums I get the impression that if MAXes were not part of PS1 and were instead a PS2 addition a lot of these people would flip out just as much about them.

Remember kids. Just becouse it moves on legs does not mean that it is 3 stories high and has the armor and firepower of a small tank column.
It was worse, much worse, {SHUDDER} More like this:

Old 2013-04-10, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Oh my god its

MECHAGOJIRA!
Old 2013-04-10, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
The BFR introduction and its ancillary mechanics were a critical factor in ruining what many here consider to be one of the all-time greats in gaming history. If you were in that boat, you might have a strong visceral reaction, too.

Unrelated, if I want to play with giant robots, I have no shortage of options.
Going by that logic.

If I want to play with tanks, I have no shortage of options.

If I want to play with guns, I have no shortage of options.

If i want to play with futuristic aircraft, I have no shortage of options.

Also. Slightly taller than a tank is most definatly not "giant". Heck I think AT-STs are taller than those concepts.

So far I have heard no good argument against them.

Most of the naysaying boils down to an irrational fear of mechanical legs caused by post BFR stress syndrome.

And claiming walker vehicles dont belong in a futuristic seting is not a good argument. Thats just an atempt to rationalise your irrational fear.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion