Mic Issues - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Takes it time to aprove our quotes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-01-08, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
courtkneeb
Private

Mic Issues

Quick question about my mic when speaking in-game. Tested my mic in-game, it is receiving output but I don't hear my voice in the recording. There is kind of a static and that is it. No one can hear me with the default settings applied. I have tried different variations and nothing works. I already adjusted the mic volume in the game settings and everything. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I just missing something? Tested mic on computer and it works just fine. Thanks for reading and hopefully someone can provide me with a suggestion or answer. I am not much of a talker but the further I get into this game the more I need people to hear me.
Old 2013-01-09, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Misato
Private

Re: Mic Issues

Hmmm, try turning up the transmission part of the voice under more voice options. Also make sure you are pressing correct key as it is push to talk(z for squad, 9 for outfit, 4 for proximty and so on).

I would suggest making sure you don't have a switch on the mic that turns it off. I have a mic with a switch and I turned it off without realizing it and thought I broke my mic lol but alas your seems to work in windows apparently.

Other than that I am not sure.
Old 2013-01-09, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
courtkneeb
Private

I did figure it out eventually haha.. I had just over looked some settings. It was totally a face palm moment for me. Thank you for responding though!
Old 2013-01-09, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Assist
Contributor
Major

I have a problem with my mic that I cannot figure out.

1.) In-game voice chat works perfectly fine for squad chat. I can hear members of the squad fine and they can hear me fine.

2.) Proximity and Command chat 'lags' to the point that I'm hearing voice chat from sometimes hours before. It's never up-to-date and most of the time it simply doesn't work at all (For people hearing me, or me hearing them) I usually end up simply unchecking it. Anytime I do enable it in-game I get a 60 second pause where my FPS drops to 0 and I have to wait it out.

3.) My ventrilo, mumble, and teamspeak all work perfectly fine.
Old 2013-01-09, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sunrock
Major

Defult settings is best. If you put the volume too high the sound will get distorted and it sounds like you're talking through a broken walkie-talkie.

You can put up the master volume a bit but do not go over 55 on voice output or no one will hear you.
Old 2013-03-01, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
DragunovKnight
Private

e.) If u can post your solution courtkneeb it would be great.

(Sorry if its not writen like it should, english is not my main languag

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions