The Guns, Tanks, and buggys of the Empires, And my outlook on them. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Contributor of chair butt creases everywhere
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-11-27, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

The Guns, Tanks, and buggys of the Empires, And my outlook on them.

Oks looking at Guns and vehicles I think I have got a good idea of the empires techs:

NC: Heavy Damage, Heavy Armor, probably slow and low re-fire rate (but look at the size of the gun on that tank.) Look at it this way, their shot guns probably most close up DMG, but frequent reloads and near useless at a range, and the phoenix, probably the most powerful missile, but you only have one. And their buggy has a rocket. Also I hear the Vanguard has a special area to store your stash incase you get pulled over by some TR thugs wanting to oppress you. Like you want to oppress the Vanu. Hypocrites.

TR: Probably not as damage as the NC or Vanu, but everything seems based on firing fast (even the tank has two barrels, probably tons of damage if both hit, and two chain guns). Seems they can quickly let out allot of lead into you. I�m betting that rocket launcher fires pretty fast two. TR vehicles will probably be very heavily armored. Also they seem to have more guns then anything else (buggy gets a MG and nades, tank has two barrels and two chain guns, and so on, oh and their max has a gun on each arm.) The TR will be able to dish out some serious damage to INF and lightly armored targets such as buggies very quickly, and I think that the guns will be popular with non twitch gamers because you don�t need to be accurate when you and your buddy can blanket an area with lead. Slow. Lots bullets. That�s the TR for you.

Vanu: Slower firing then the TR and less DMG then NC, they have the advantage that lasers don�t have a cone of fire; they go in a strait line and hit what you are aiming at. If your on target your going to get a hit. No Splash damage on the lancer will hurt it some, but its advantage is that its not a Rocket so it does not have to track and can not be avoided, if you have them in your scope and fire you will hit. How damaging will have to be seen, as will the rate of fire. As for vehicles, well our buggy has a Flux cannon bitch, and our tank and buggy look bad ass, of course looks mean nothing....nothing at all....just an added bonus. Also the gun on the top looks pretty heavy, but my problem is that the bottom gun, the main one, is not turreted, witch will make it near useless against fast targets and another thing that bothers me, you cant have indirect fire with lasers, so no bombarding that NME base from safely behind the hill for us Vanu. I don�t think we will be doing much with our tank artillery wise. But I do think that even though we have the weakest armor we will have the fastest craft, and we can hover (mine immunity anyone?) so we can cross small rivers and ravines with ease. And go off cliffs without going kaboom. Our Vanu vehicles don�t need the cumbersome heavy armor of the other empires craft; we use speed and agility to out maneuver and gain the advantage though skill and not brute force.

Last edited by Tobias; 2002-11-27 at 06:39 PM.
Old 2002-11-27, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Good post, But - the Vanu rely on quickness more than the other empires. You forgot that

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-27, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Just a minor correction, the Vanu weapons have a cone of fire, i can't remember the vid tho.
Old 2002-11-27, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Talking

No i did not hamma, its there, just above where it tells when it was last edited ....
Old 2002-11-27, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

The Vanu will have a cone of fire. Trust me. They just will not have to worry about recoil accecting it.
Old 2002-11-27, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Talking

Maybe, but i still dont think im wrong.
Old 2002-11-27, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

do the vany weapons look like purple nerf guns to anybody else?
Old 2002-11-27, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

No.
Old 2002-11-27, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

u dont count
Old 2002-11-27, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Why?
Old 2002-11-27, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

b/c u are a fanatical vanu.
Old 2002-11-27, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

so only the opinions of those biased against the Vanu count?
Hippo, hippo, hippocrit.
Old 2002-11-27, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

no, other nonfanatical vanu count, just not u.
Old 2002-11-27, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
�io
Lieutenant General

That would be me.

And no they seem just as normal as any other PS gun.
Old 2002-11-27, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

no, only oppinions of people who are not devoted to an empire and willing to fight it out in infinite thread don' count. E.I. ours
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion