My dream. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Quit denying my quotes dammit!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-11, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Alarinn
Private

My dream.

When I log on, my outfit usually has some platoon running, I join, and its the same thing everyday. 3 commanders trying to control everyone, everyone doing what they feel like, and communication seldom works. Its still really fun to play, but I feel like most guys cares what they do themselves.
Thats the problem most outfits and squads have, there is no respect for the commanders, and too many try to act alone

This is my dream, a dream I think can become reality.

- a Community is created, centered around ONE public teamspeak server.

-Every Outfit in this community has their own channel, and everytime a squad with random peeps is set up, they can create their own channels for communication.

- Every Major outfit that joins can bring one or two Commanding Officer to the community.

- The officers, 10-20 guys have their own ts2 channel, here they can discuss battleplans, and using teamspeak, they can quick and easily command each squad and tell them exactly what to do.

-Either you can choose to figth with their own outfit, form a new channel and a new squad, OR join the specialized squad types.
There can be numerous types of specialized squads created, each with their own ts2 channel, for example:

Galaxy Hotdrops squad
Quick Air Assault
AMS-base attacking
Cloaking squad

I personally LOVE working together with other infiltrators, so I'd just join the Cloaking squad, and our team would get direct orders from high-command on which base to attack, or which base we should "create havoc". Imagine being a in a hotdrop crew, and then getting orders to drop over a base under attack, or attack a tower from topside.

And imagine being a Commanding Officer and looking at the map, seeing where hotdrops are needed, which base that needs to be pressed down by AMS-Infntry assaulters, and where a squad with heavy armour is needed.

What do you think?
Old 2003-12-11, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

That'd be nice, but you'd have to have the server connected to a T1. I think a single TS server is limited to 180 user max (number sticks in my head for some reason).

What they need to do, is set an option for the squad or platoon leader to redirect the ingame teamspeak to a dedicated server, that way people don't have to minimize out of PS to fire up TS.

For christ sakes, could it be so hard as to let me enter an IP address?
Old 2003-12-11, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

Keep dreaming, lots of outfits have TS servers, some just use publick servers, but unless they make it mandatory, no way in hell itll happen.
Old 2003-12-11, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TeraHertz
Major

Vanu Alliance Werner pwns j00

*TeraHertz continues his coffe driven "helpful" comments.
Old 2003-12-11, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

Tera dont you have some essay or something like that due? If so why you spending so much time on here?
Old 2003-12-11, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
TeraHertz
Major

Yes, I do. A biiiig ass essay on the developement of mass production.
I'm taking a "break."
Frequent breaks keep you sane.
Old 2003-12-11, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Alarinn
When I log on, my outfit usually has some platoon running, I join, and its the same thing everyday. 3 commanders trying to control everyone, everyone doing what they feel like, and communication seldom works. Its still really fun to play, but I feel like most guys cares what they do themselves.
Thats the problem most outfits and squads have, there is no respect for the commanders, and too many try to act alone

This is my dream, a dream I think can become reality.

- a Community is created, centered around ONE public teamspeak server.

-Every Outfit in this community has their own channel, and everytime a squad with random peeps is set up, they can create their own channels for communication.

- Every Major outfit that joins can bring one or two Commanding Officer to the community.

- The officers, 10-20 guys have their own ts2 channel, here they can discuss battleplans, and using teamspeak, they can quick and easily command each squad and tell them exactly what to do.

-Either you can choose to figth with their own outfit, form a new channel and a new squad, OR join the specialized squad types.

What do you think?
I think it's called the Terran Republic Alliance, Emerald Server All outfits welcome, name-change upcoming (cast your vote today).
Old 2003-12-11, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by STEALTHKILLER
Keep dreaming, lots of outfits have TS servers, some just use publick servers, but unless they make it mandatory, no way in hell itll happen.

You've spelt "guild" wrong in your sig.
Old 2003-12-11, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
You've spelt "guild" wrong in your sig.
ok, thnx for telling me, but why did you quote what i said just to say that?
Old 2003-12-11, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
TeraHertz
Major

Dunno. Gimmie a break, it's 12am here. oh, talking of 12am. its dev talk time. and i dont have mirc installed...great
Old 2003-12-11, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Alarinn
Private

Ah heck, it would'nt need 180 members, just 100 would be sufficent, that would be 10+ squads, enough to take out an entire continent if the High Officers are smart enough. And If every Outfit gets their own locked channel, why do they need their own?
Old 2003-12-12, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I hope the devs go into crunch mode on the built-in chat after the holidays. It would be awesome to see someone's name light up when they talk. As it is now, most people on chat servers don't really know who's talking, unless they've been in the same chat room together for quite a while. Identifying yourself every time you talk to new players so they recognize your voice is a pain.

But can PS' built-in chat ever be as good as TS2? One can hope.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion