Jammer Missiles - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Seen In Fortune Cookies
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-11, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Heckler01
Private

Originally Posted by Gigabien
Well then, what do you think about adding Jammer ammo type (jammer mode for Lancer) to empire-specific AV?
I think that would be best, it also helps out the AV cert which ive heard quite a few people complain about.
Old 2003-12-11, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Gigabein
Well then, what do you think about adding Jammer ammo type (jammer mode for Lancer) to empire-specific AV?
The Lancer is fairly rapid fire. You could theoreticaly jam 6 vehciles for as long as your ammo lasts.
The vanu insta-switch ammo by right clicking. First hit, jam, second hit damger, third hit jam, fourth hit damage.

They'd just end up nerfing the lancer's damage, and I don't want that to happen.
Old 2003-12-11, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
InfiniteStorm
Corporal

Originally Posted by Deadlock
Jamming itself could use an overhaul in the game. there needs to be more of a use for them than clearing mines or gettin past turrets.
They also halt weapons systems on vehicles and disable implants of people. Lately I've been seeing a lot of people use jammers to disable my mags guns. It is very annoying and I end up having to retreat because my gunner and I cannot fire. Jammers could work well against surgiles too. No one uses it because it takes to long to either switch weapons to a jammer nade or switch ammo on a thumper to jammers. By that time, a surgile JH will have killed you. Jammers have their uses, especially in a battle with a ton of vehicles.
Old 2003-12-11, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
The Lancer is fairly rapid fire. You could theoreticaly jam 6 vehciles for as long as your ammo lasts.
The vanu insta-switch ammo by right clicking. First hit, jam, second hit damger, third hit jam, fourth hit damage.

They'd just end up nerfing the lancer's damage, and I don't want that to happen.
Throw an animation in between ammo mode switching for the lancer. This would maintain the single ammo type advantage of Vanu, while preventing multiple ammo type spamming.
Old 2003-12-11, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Increase the Punisher's capacity (say 3-4), accuracy, and range for rocket-propelled grenades. That's a nice little buff for MA.
I like the Punisher idea. A longer grenade range (less arc, more power) would be good for low-battle ranks that don't yet have heavy certs, or those that can't fit SA into their configuration. I'm not so sure that the capacity needs increased. Maybe a slightly faster reload time?

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a slight buff to the Punisher's main weapon, but that's another topic.
Old 2003-12-11, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
TeraHertz
Major

Throw an animation in between ammo mode switching for the lancer. This would maintain the single ammo type advantage of Vanu, while preventing multiple ammo type spamming.
It wouldn't maintain ammo mode switching. if you throw in that reload animantion, you're making it like your changing ammo when your not. Thats just...lazy.

A "negatize polarisation" animation would be better. An animation of your character recalibrating the energy settings.

That still doesn't fix the fact that this whole thing is meant to freeze air..
Old 2003-12-11, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
apachepilotpat

Leave the deci the way it is. Mabey some better empire specific AV weapons would be better though.

Old 2003-12-11, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Switch the Deci to AV(where it should be) and you we get a LOT more people certed in AV.

But also note that haveing played all 3 empires' AV weapons, I know that if you increase the power of one of them, you have to increase the power of the other 2 proptionaly. Why? Because AV is probably the best balanced set of weapons when compareing each empire's to the others'. Yes, people bitch about their weapons being weaker than the other empire's, but I realy do not think the whiners have played those weapons extensively.

I think that in combonation with switching the Deci to AV, (The rocklet recieveing a buff of some sort to balance SA and the rocklet) the AV weapons should receave one/some of the following buffs:

A) Ammunition box shrink to the size of the all the other ammunition boxes.

B) Slight damage increase. Ex: Striker from 125/shot to 150, phoenix from 250 to 300, and a proportional raise for the Lancer(not sure on the exact current damage, but in battlefield conditions, it's too low,)

C) Exta effects of ammunition via either streight buff to existing ammunition or creation of more ammunition types. Ex: Lancer nullifies the Zoom option, Phoenix jamms Radar, and Striker discharges Afterburner fuel.

Upon hindsight, the changes listed in C) would augment each weapon's current specialties. The Stiker is already the best AV vs. AIR, the Phoenix user gets some more protection from being found, and the Lancer keeps it's range advantage after the first shot.
Old 2003-12-12, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't think Jammers should work on vehicles with any bit of a shield. The shield should effectively stop a jammer grenade's effect, in effect, dispursing the effect across the shield, and not being able to penetrate.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion