PSU: It's my pantleg, you idiots. -Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2003-12-27, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Sound Card?

Ok, I have a SB Audigy 2, and creative labs 7.1 surround. All in all it should be one of the top stock stereo systems there is...BUT! When I turn the volume up past around the average listening volume, everything gets distorted. I have my comp speaker settings at 85%.

My friend has the same sound card and Creative THX 5.1 surround and his gets a LOT louder without distortion. I've tried everything i can think of but i just cant fix it.

One other thing, currently I only have 3 (left, right, and front center) of the 7 speakers hooked up because i need wall mounts for them but i cant afford them right now, they are like $20 for one.

Any ideas on why the fudge it sounds like shit when its not even that loud? I only really notice it when i try and play music of some sort. But a system like this should be able to go a LOT louder than what it does.
Old 2003-12-28, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ait'al
Contributor
General

hook up the other speakers and just sit them somewhere and see if it still does? Are the speaker new enough to handle whats coming from hte card, if thats a possibility?

If its a 7.1 set of speakers maybe it cant handle all of that to just the 3/4 speakers and it overloads to easily form the extra sound?
Old 2003-12-28, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

check where the sound settings are for your software first. More than likely they're cranked up all the way.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2003-12-31, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

No, like i said, they are at 85%. I'm gonna try hooking them all up, i hope it fixes it. One other thing:

This really pisses me off. My card looks exactly like an audigy LS, and comes up in settings as SB Audigy Audio [9000], but it says Sound Blaster 2 on the card. Do you think they jewed me and just slapped a SB2 sticker on the card or is there a low end audigy 2 that looks exactly like an LS?

Edit: I just hooked up all 7 speakers, and granted it sounds a lil better, its not as good as I want >_<. It should still sound better than this...

Edit..2: Well, if i dont get this fixed ill just burn everything to cd and play music on my stereo. I would prefer to be able to do it on my pc though...grrr...

Edit #3: Ha, i reinstalled all the drivers and everything, and it seems that they fudged it all up. I repaired everything and now it works great. Dunno why that would make such a big difference though.

Last edited by dscytherulez; 2003-12-31 at 02:37 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum