Halloween Art - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Best lil whorehouse on the web
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-10-27, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Halloween Art

http://planetside-universe.com/index.php?newsid=1071
Old 2004-10-27, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NightWalker XI
Colonel

I find it pretty weak, as was the Christmas art of last year with the crappy hats...I think Devs don't put enough effort onto design in this game, this reflects on the base and sanctuary designs and with the special occasion designs (Christmas, Easter (which didn't even have one), Halloween)

Look at PS and their Pumpkin backpack and Hats and at FF XI with fully decorated evyronment, that would eb the same as having witches drawings or whatever on base walls, some darker lightning, pumpkins at doors, sound, etc, its a bit of an update yeah but its very cool and fun.

For those who think I shouldn't compare cause FF XI is an RPG, I should, they are both MMO games and we pay a monthly charge for a good service (which sometimes we dont get with PS but tis still an awesome game.
Old 2004-10-27, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I have two responses: The first is that the devs were obviously working flat out on BFRs and the like with a smaller dev team than FFXI (I'd expect anyway).

Secondly, Planetside runs with difficulty on most people's computers now anyway. Too much added decoration would grind most players' machines to a halt.
Old 2004-10-27, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
MrPaul
Major

Originally Posted by NightWalker XI
I find it pretty weak, as was the Christmas art of last year with the crappy hats...I think Devs don't put enough effort onto design in this game, this reflects on the base and sanctuary designs and with the special occasion designs (Christmas, Easter (which didn't even have one), Halloween)

Look at PS and their Pumpkin backpack and Hats and at FF XI with fully decorated evyronment, that would eb the same as having witches drawings or whatever on base walls, some darker lightning, pumpkins at doors, sound, etc, its a bit of an update yeah but its very cool and fun.

For those who think I shouldn't compare cause FF XI is an RPG, I should, they are both MMO games and we pay a monthly charge for a good service (which sometimes we dont get with PS but tis still an awesome game.
Festivities are hardly going to be the top of the agenda, are they? You said yourself you'd rather see them doing bug fixes and redesigning the bases, which they are doing both of. They're not superhuman, y'know..
Old 2004-10-27, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
SquishyWaffle
Private

I most definitely agree. What do you think is more important in a game? Holiday festivities or feature enhancements/fixes? It's all about priorities. Worst case, cancel your PS subscription and enjoy FFwhatevernumberthey'reuptonow.
Old 2004-10-27, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
CassH
Staff Sergeant

MrPaul Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWalker XI

Festivities are hardly going to be the top of the agenda, are they? You said yourself you'd rather see them doing bug fixes and redesigning the bases, which they are doing both of. They're not superhuman, y'know..
what are you saying they are not gods. i dont know what to belive now.

well yea let them do what it most important first like the bugs such as sanc pop lock (fixed) so i think they are doing there jobs fine.
Old 2004-10-27, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

I hope its not a repeat of the Christmas patch that screwed up hundreds of installs.
Old 2004-10-27, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

??? i don't remember that

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion