a new weapon for infils - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You had me at Planetside.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-03-27, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

You are somewhat right Warborn, what cloakers need are things that are used on themself to make them less noticable, not weapons that are used on the enemy.

Idea I just came up with: Smokescreen type grenade, throws up a small AMS like bubble that keeps you invisible for 5-10 seconds. (Whether a grunt can use it or not is debatable)
Old 2005-03-27, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Warborn
Honestly, I do not believe new tools are what cloakers need. They need more ways to impact a base that are away from the very high profile targets we have now.
QFT

Invisibility is an infiltrators best asset, one should use this wisely.
Old 2005-03-27, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
hex222
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Warborn
Honestly, I do not believe new tools are what cloakers need. They need more ways to impact a base that are away from the very high profile targets we have now.
i agree fully, once i wondered why i couldn't sneak round vents and stuff like in SC, perhaps a new implant which allows you to scale up walls, thief 3 style, would work

i think it would be possible to blow someone up, havent u seen that stuff about human combustion???

the benefit of a dart gun is you can wait for the guy to walk past, or walk away yourself, to kill him or jam his implants, also it makes being an infil more adventurous, optional and persuades them to make less kills, for a while perhaps, with the squad chat intercepting thing...
Old 2005-03-30, 06:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Scikar
Private

I had a thought just the other day that an implant allowing people to scale walls, or perhaps make it an ability of the infiltration armor, would help infils out a lot. The trouble they have is that while the front line is away from a base, it's often plugged up heavily with CE, so that they can't get inside without having to give themselves away by destroying mines. Once the front line reaches the base and the CE starts to get cleared up, people in the base tend to be much more alert. Scaling walls not only partially solves this problem, it's also really damn cool!

As far as targets go, there are plenty of areas that could be opened up. How about draining 10% out of an NTU silo? Booby trapping a silo so that the next ANT which delivers to it is destroyed? Booby trapping terminals, with results such as killing the next user, or making them visible on the infil's side's radar? Along the same lines, similar traps to be placed on doors. This could be done with an infil version of the ACE perhaps, which can be used directly on a terminal, NTU silo, or IFF panel to booby trap it, or used on the floor to create different types of mines. How about a series of mines which are only visible to people using the darklight implant? Not explosive ones, instead stealthy mines. Set them to EMP (jammer nade essentially, not too quiet), parasite (silent activation, see target on radar, slowly drain stamina if target is a grunt), gas (remember the hallucinations etc causes by gas grenades in TFC?), there are so many things like this that infils could do instead of being partially invisible grunts.

EDIT: The real key, after giving infils more options to do, is to reward them for doing this kind of stuff. Give them BEP when a parasite mine is triggered, for example, instead of only when they kill people.

Last edited by Scikar; 2005-03-30 at 06:28 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion