Nub Questions! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Most popular stop on the internet!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2007-08-04, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ultraviolente
Private

Nub Questions!

Hullo!
Me si a noob.
Noobs liek to ask questions.

1. I got a Flail cert as a newb BR5 char, but i can't seem to find any around, not even in cave facillities. When will they be availabe to me? Will they be available to a 30day trial account char?

2. BFR certs. How the heck do i acquire one? Wtf is all the "imprint" stuff about? Does imprinting hurt? D:

3. What's the best way of running up in BR and cert points? I have been having fun jumping from cert to cert with my less than 7 day old charracters, but after 4 days of (non-intense) playing, i have olny gotten them up to BR5.

4. Is specialization a good thing, or do jack of all trades charracters rule PS?

5. I have 3 chars. 1 is with Uni-Max and Mosquito certs, other support engineer and sniper, and third one is infiltrator with tank certs (yer, i know, what a great combination). I am unsure of the latter, obviously, so should i change it to aircraft or even ground/air support before it's too late? Or should i ditch it all and go for something else? Plz, i really am in need of a good advice on how to be effective and have fun in PS! :O (unrealistic, i know )

6. Where the hell are all the Phanties!? Come on, i don't wanna re-cert for one once 7 days are up! D:

8. GIANT RATS!? no, wait up, that's a bit old...

That's about it... For now.
Old 2007-08-04, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Wetnose5
Private

Re: Nub Questions!

5 views and no answers? ill help as best i can, m8.

1. Im sorry but im not quite sure. I havent seen flails in ages and i think they may have been removed.

2. To Imprint, you must score 75 kills in the caverns (in total) and be present for 5 base captures in the caverns. Once you are cleared to imprint, you must step into the beam in the Core Building (the pink thing in on the map of any cave; usualy in the middle)

3. Every character, regardless of if you realy are new or not, should go through the training missions and go to the training zones and use EVERY gun and vehicle. The missions give you ALOT of bonus experience, and looking at every gun and vehicles can account for around 4 battle ranks. All together you can get to battle rank 6 without any combat. To Level up in experience, you need to kill enemies; thus with every battle rank you get 1 more cert point.

4. Experiment to find out what role you'd like to play as. For me, i would rather use my certs on weapons than vehicles, because i excell at infantry to infantry combat.

5. You can do this how ever you want, but let me warn you, Having 3 characters will make you level up very slow because your time is being spent on 3 characters at a time instead of focused on one. And as i said in #4, just experiment in combat and find something you like to do.

6. DONT CERT PHANTASM. They are not in-game yet. Same for the GunShip.

8. You skipped 7.

7. Help im lost!

9.Good.
Old 2007-08-05, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ultraviolente
Private

Alright! Is there any way to re-activate the training missions? I have droven/flown/shot from about any vehicle i could find in he training missions, and also walked around bases getting exp points for looking at various sructures.
And yes, i know that 3 charracters ain't the best way of skilling up, but i just wanted to try different things, and have some other char to play with if/when one or two of my charracters are disabled.
Regarding that, i can't seem to quite understand how that disabling works. Just sometimes in midnight, i get this "Empire Charracters Disabled" line in my charracter selection tab, my MC charracters are getting greyed out and are unable to enter the game until some fixed amount of time. Care to explain plz?
Old 2007-08-05, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Artsfalcon
Private

I'm new to PS and just wanted to know which nvidia driver run best on this game.
Old 2007-08-05, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ultraviolente
Private

I run it fine on WinXP32 with ForceWare v162.15 and a XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX at the very moment. Will be updating to 162.18 after reboot.

Last edited by ultraviolente; 2007-08-05 at 03:48 PM.
Old 2007-08-06, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
b357
Private

Originally Posted by ultraviolente View Post
Alright! Is there any way to re-activate the training missions? I have droven/flown/shot from about any vehicle i could find in he training missions, and also walked around bases getting exp points for looking at various sructures.
And yes, i know that 3 charracters ain't the best way of skilling up, but i just wanted to try different things, and have some other char to play with if/when one or two of my charracters are disabled.
Regarding that, i can't seem to quite understand how that disabling works. Just sometimes in midnight, i get this "Empire Charracters Disabled" line in my charracter selection tab, my MC charracters are getting greyed out and are unable to enter the game until some fixed amount of time. Care to explain plz?
If you have characters from different empires on the same server they will disable you from switching from one empire to the other by setting a time limit. Just separate your characters so you have only one empire on each server. That or just play one empire.
Old 2007-08-06, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ultraviolente
Private

Ah, that should explain it. And i wondered why it was always my NC characters getting saffed... Getting more into VS now...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion