"But that wouldnt be Planetside any more..." - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hot and steamy _________
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-12, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: "But that wouldnt be Planetside any more..."

Forsaken One, please be a bit more constructive in your posting. People are starting to tire of your monkey business.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-12, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rarntogo
Corporal

It looks like this topic, and for that matter, this forum as a whole is taking on the right approach to a new game that is a sequel as well. The veterans (myself included) it seems, would like much of the old game to stay intact. All the things we love, the Bridge battles, Gal drops, MAX rushes etc... and even tho' in reality we know very little about the game play of PS2 many of us are making judgements about about the changes that are promised without really knowing how they fit in the new game. I know I am guilty of this. Things are changing and people are becoming more open to the new things. There are certain things I dont want. I have voiced my opinions sternly and with conviction. I also know that in reality (with hindsight) I'm talking out my arse because I have no idea how anything the Devs have planned is going to work. It's difficult to pick apart the tidbits the Devs have given us because we only have PS1 to base it on and we wont be playing PS1. I know that I loved the original and I put my trust in the new Dev crew that I will love the sequel as well. As long as it isnt a 1000 player death match with everyone killwhoring and not working towards the objectives I'm pretty sure I'll be happy. There will be things I don't like but I'm sure there will be much more that I do like. I'll hate getting sniped as I run out the door trying to defend my base and you'll hate when I sneak up behind you in my Infi suit and knife you. You'll say cloakers are over powered and I'll say sniper rifles need to be nerfed. As long as we both love the game and servers stay full... thats all that matters and it's what I'm looking forward to.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
morf
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rarntogo View Post
As long as we both love the game and servers stay full...
But then it wouldn't be Planetside anymore.

oh look i made a great argument.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rarntogo
Corporal

Originally Posted by morf View Post

Sad but true...
Old 2011-07-12, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by morf View Post

Planetside servers were pretty backed before the BFR business, also strawmen.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
morf
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
Planetside servers were pretty backed before the BFR business, also strawmen.
Oh yeah BFR's. Well without them it won't be planetside anymore.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bags
Lieutenant General

Yup. I bought it for $5 to see what it was like, and it's not very playable. Empty map, starring at a non-moving tree, on low = 40 fps. Crysis, medium fight going on, all sorts of trees and bushes swaying in the breezes, explosions everywhere, on high = 40 fps.

It's silly. I didn't expect to be able to max it, but I figured on low I should be able to pull 60 FPS easily.
Old 2011-07-12, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Tool
Master Sergeant

You got some inside information about Forgelight you'd like to share?

Umm no, do you? I simply brought up the gameplay comparison, you chimed in about the engine seemingly without making the distinction between PS2 and BC2 and their respective engine. Simply saying, your point is moot when thier not the same, if they were then it would've been a vaild issue.

Frostbite had it's issues, none of which I shared. Crytek was an amazing peice of work and Crysis only showed a portion of what it could do. Like always, it depends on the system and optimization.
Old 2011-07-12, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gwartham
Corporal

Wonder why people try to inject intelligence into the debate.

Met smart twitch gamers and planetside players who were complete smacktards.
Old 2011-07-12, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Tool
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gwartham View Post
Wonder why people try to inject intelligence into the debate.

Met smart twitch gamers and planetside players who were complete smacktards.
I don't know either honestly, as if I gave some reason to draw my intelligence to question on an internet gaming forum lol.

It's usually just a cop out when people have a counter-point made against them or are criticized and they get upset. Which doesn't matter to me as I'll try to continue the discussion with people who have valid opinions.
Old 2011-07-12, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rarntogo
Corporal

Originally Posted by Tool View Post
I don't know either honestly, as if I gave some reason to draw my intelligence to question on an internet gaming forum lol.

It's usually just a cop out when people have a counter-point made against them or are criticized and they get upset. Which doesn't matter to me as I'll try to continue the discussion with people who have valid opinions.
I may be picking a fight here, which is not my intention. However... by continuing your discussion with people that have valid opinions, do you mean only those that agree with your opinion have valid opinions? Because, from here, that's what it looks like. IMHO... thats not what forums are about.
Old 2011-07-12, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Tool
Master Sergeant

If it appears that way it certainly isn't my intention. When people start giving opinions on why things such as locational damage shouldn't exist in Planetside, I'll try to counter, which is shown in many of my posts. Ex. Bags whom I've had a bit of back and forth with.

I don't want these next few posts to degrade into a personal discussion though so I'll just leave things at that.
Old 2011-07-12, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea guys lets tone it down, no need for personal attacks just discuss the topic at hand.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-13, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I loved PS and I still love to play BC2 i think it is a great game. I dont want PS to be BC2 but they could pull a lot from it. I also cant wait for BF3. COD on the other hand I havent played since COD3:MW.
Old 2011-07-14, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Planetside 1 is a game with terribly made/implemented game mechanics and a variety of other issues. It's time to realize what mistakes were made in the game (all of them, not just BFRs and hackers) just that ultimately brought the game to it's current state.

Give the devs feedback and WHY something is negative, and then tell them what they can could potentially do to make it better. Planetside 2 will NEVER BE LIKE PLANETSIDE 1.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion