Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby] - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is that a Dual Cycler in your pants or are you just pleased to see me?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should cockpit view be forced?
Yes 287 77.36%
No 84 22.64%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-16, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
lolroflroflcake
Staff Sergeant

Re: Cockpit View - should it be forced? More options.

You might find it silly but I find having a cockpit makes it easier to judge distances and speed then just your bog standard flying camera. That and when your talking about aircraft speeds and maneuvering characteristics the extra field of view from the lack of a cockpit will give you maybe an extra second worth of visibility, not really worth it at all. I mean if someones going to go shooting past you, don't need to to have that extra space to know they are going to end up behind you if you don't start turning. As for blind spots, just lower the nose every once in a while it's a very very tiny blind spot and would take some very precise flying to stay in so chances are you really wouldn't have to worry about it.

I would absolutely love to have some sort of free look function in a cockpit though. Free look is much more important for visibility then a toggle-able cockpit. The first thing they teach you when flying an actual plane is to maintain a good look-out for other aircraft and there is no reason this shouldn't apply here either.

Last edited by lolroflroflcake; 2012-04-16 at 02:33 PM.
Old 2012-04-16, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Yutty
Sergeant

i hate cockpit view. I would be ok with cockpit view being forced onto the gunners but its a no for pilots.
Old 2012-04-16, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Would seem sort of obvious that if they poured the resources into creating the detailed cockpit models they would intend on you seeing them all the time. I believe it's the same situation with the game's flora, it cannot be turned off.
Same with battlefield 3 Cockpit force on !

but i remember how disapointed i was when battlefront 2 came out with no cockpit view just a damned floating camera while in 1rst person i had no feel to b in a x-xing Or any star wars ship i had to turn it in 3rd person to actually have a feel atached to it !

battlefront 1 had a great cockpit view and thats help to feel the vehicules u feel thats ur in a jet instead of a floating camera !

For those who are using the Air vehicukles to actually make so youtube moovies wou will be batter to have multiple people doing video and make a montage of it or using the 3rd person view or even better the foot soldiers view to make those !
Old 2012-04-16, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Carbanu
Contributor
Corporal

By all means with a engine worth showing off this time around, flaunt it if you got it.
Old 2012-05-31, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
I prefer thongs over regular underwear, therefor thongs should be mandatory for everyone.
Place thong on head. Makeshift cockpit view.

Buff the regular underwear! It doesn't have as much viewable screen area as the thong!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion