How big is accedental Team Killing gonna be? Possible solutions - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh sure, NOW you wanna join the VS...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: What should SOE do about aceedental Team killing?
Nothing....Don't put special assist...Please don't ruin Immersion 57 50.00%
Put outlines on enemies so they can distinguish(Makes night battles worthless) 2 1.75%
Lessen the Grief system so new players won't get punished 7 6.14%
Tougher Grief System so people will learn how not to kill friendlies 67 58.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-12, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Elim
Private

Re: How big is accedental Team Killing gonna be? Possible solutions

The grief system in the original game works pretty well in my opinion. Since nades now cost resources and the thumper's gone, all together with the short TTK, I imagine the grief system will be more punishing. However, as mentioned, in battles with such enormous scale, friendly fire seems unavoidable. I believe this problem can be solved by a different approach.

A smart hit detection system to determine the source of incoming damage.
If the source is friendly, the player only takes a portion of the damage (as in friendly fire in counter strike), and the source player receives minor grief points.

In the original game, when friendly fire occur, only a simple counter is shown on the screen, I felt it to be vary ambiguous and should be changed to a more obvious warning sign.

If someone is killed by friendly fire however, major grief points should be given due the the diminished damage, and the warning given.

All being said, beta will provide more insights on this particular subject.

On a side note, the current kill cam can be quite rage inducing when you see a friendly assisted in your demise.
Old 2012-06-12, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by WNxThentar View Post
So you are the reason there is a grief system. I'm happy with more sever punishment for griefers like you. Also PS2 has an active staff with the tools to track down cheaters like you and Matt has said they'll be proactive in tracking people down and banning them for doing things that are questionable.

Very easy for devs to see players like you killing your own empire all the time and ban your account. Sure you can make another but you'll be starting from square one again.

Amazes me how many people love to be trolls.
Team killing isn't cheating...Is fun.

and seeing how theirs gonna be a lot of team killing...Don't worry I could mesh right in and nobody will notice my team killing
Old 2012-06-12, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Karmic Revenge
Corporal

Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
Plus if they such a bad shot , maybe they need to concentrate on being a medic instead.
As a PS1 Medic who was also a support specced (grenade spam) player, I would like to point out that I was only grief locked once after a massive tower defense in which I rained plasma doom down the stairs for over an hour . . . just because you're a medic doesn't mean you can't shoot.

All the people who can't shoot join the TR anyway. MANY BULLETS. :P
Old 2012-06-12, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
WNxThentar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Karmic Revenge View Post
As a PS1 Medic who was also a support specced (grenade spam) player, I would like to point out that I was only grief locked once after a massive tower defense in which I rained plasma doom down the stairs for over an hour . . . just because you're a medic doesn't mean you can't shoot.

All the people who can't shoot join the TR anyway. MANY BULLETS. :P
Thanks this made me laugh for like a minute straight
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion