More vehicles? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: is marsman a new action hero?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-11, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
SnipeGrzywa
Corporal

Misc Info
Re: More vehicles?

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Not sure if troll.
My thoughts exactly. Glad it wasn't.

Originally Posted by willaguy View Post
BFR's is what I think he is trying to say. But not at launch.
Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
BFRs. So unbalanced at launch, they were considering largely responsible for the death of Planetside subscriptions. Most Vets are passionate about them not coming back for the second round.
Due to the EXTREME negative feedback when asked about BFRs, Higby has stated that they had no plans to ever put them in PS2. They have been known to change their minds, but he did say that.

Back to original question. Yes, I believe the buggies are next on the list, but they will continue to roll out with new content. So first couple months of playing look at what the game is missing and make sure to share your views, and who knows, might be in the game before you know it.
Old 2012-07-11, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Just to reiterate, or maybe even answer for the first time: *at release* don't expect any new vehicles othern than what you've seen already.

Yes there's this concept art of a cool looking deliverer-type vehicle, but we've not heard anything about it in months.

And absolutely they will be adding new vehicles over time, post launch.
Old 2012-07-12, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
That was one of the problems with the BFRs. The concept was pretty cool, but when they actually got into the game, they just ruined it. They were soooo overpowered that they just completely dominated. So, there is a bit of a bad taste in Planetside players' mouths. BFR is a 4-letter word in the Planetside community.
Surely there is a way to do them right....
Old 2012-07-12, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Xaine
Major

Problem with a BFR is that it takes the same crew as a tank, yet has more firepower and defence.

If they needed 4 or 5 people to operate as we're more exclusive, only give to the top ?% of each factions most dedicated tankers, it might be better.
Old 2012-07-12, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
Problem with a BFR is that it takes the same crew as a tank, yet has more firepower and defence.

If they needed 4 or 5 people to operate as we're more exclusive, only give to the top ?% of each factions most dedicated tankers, it might be better.
Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?!?!

Old 2012-07-12, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Lythca Frost
Private

I believe it was mentioned by Higby relatively recently, though I can't remember the source, that the buggies are planned. In fact I think he said the models are in creation but due to balancing issues, they won't make it into the game at launch.
Old 2012-07-12, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
SixShooter
Captain

I really think there are plenty of vehicles for launch. They have to hold back on some stuff for further down the road.

Old 2012-07-12, 03:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?!?!
Oh I certainly am... but I'm just not sure where we are going to get several live jaguars and enough custard to fill an Olympic swimming pool at this time of night.

but in reply to the OP - The sunderer is the APC and Nanite System has tweeted concept pictures of a lighter version that I still hope is in the works, we've not heard anymore about it.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion