Wraith Customization? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: pimpin' since '02
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-11, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
disky
Sergeant

Wraith Customization?

Has anyone seen or heard anything about a Wraith customization for the Flash? In one of the cert tree screenshots, perhaps? I don't plan on playing an infiltrator much, but I'm hoping that they will have some sort of stealth vehicle that can be used for recon.

Or do you think it would be OP?
Old 2012-07-11, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Maticus
Private

Re: Wraith Customization?

Originally Posted by disky View Post
Has anyone seen or heard anything about a Wraith customization for the Flash? In one of the cert tree screenshots, perhaps? I don't plan on playing an infiltrator much, but I'm hoping that they will have some sort of stealth vehicle that can be used for recon.

Or do you think it would be OP?
i believe they said you would be able to put a cloak instead of weapons on it IF your an infil. have to check TB's videos again
Old 2012-07-11, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Accuser
Sergeant Major

I don't remember which video, but I specifically remember a "Wraith" dropdown in the vehicle cert menu. So apparently you'll be able to set up your Wraith with a variety of certs, including the cloaking device I'm sure.
Old 2012-07-11, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

While getting places without being seen is pretty good, where the Wraith really shined for me was hauling aces to set up minefields where I wanted them while I was cloaked. It was fast and it was easy to resupply with the veh repair silos.

Since there is no inventory or trunk, this really cuts down on what I see as the usefulness of the vehicle.

However, in the interest of discussion, I'd like to see a cloak that shields you visibly, but also shields you from IFF sensors (like you might consider existing on a smart futuristic land mine.)

If you were going to go the recon route (and there's a lot that could be done with regards to tying recon as an activity into the automatically generated mission system) you would also probably find mobile radar or sensors to be pretty useful. Like, recon's only useful if the information gets out to the people who need it.

Last edited by Soothsayer; 2012-07-13 at 10:23 PM.
Old 2012-07-12, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TaintedPaladin
Private

I want to see a customization to have it not set off mines. Nothing more annoying that driving around skirting the action only to hit a single random mine in the middle of a field instantly killing you.
Old 2012-07-12, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
disky
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
However, in the interest of discussion, I'd like to see a cloak that shields you visibly, but also shields your from IFF sensors (like you might consider existing on a smart futuristic land mine.)
Cool idea, but it would have to be tested. Sure, it's frustrating to be taken out by a single stray mine, but one would hope that with stealth you have the time to spot a minefield and avoid it. It would be interesting to see how a high level infiltrator certification for detecting and possibly destroying/hacking mines might work.

Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
If you were going to go the recon route (and there's a lot that could be done with regards to tying recon as an activity into the automatically generated mission system) you would also probably find mobile radar or sensors to be pretty useful. Like, recon's only useful if the information gets out to the people who need it.
I've had the idea for a command vehicle packed with sensors and communication equipment for a while now, actually. Sort of like how they work in Chromehounds. I doubt it would be the same in PS2, but I think it would be cool to be able to play the strategic game and still be in the fight, but in a less hands-on sort of way.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion