Your planetside 2 youtube movie plans. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Able to ride a tricycle
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-24, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Re: Your planetside 2 youtube movie plans.

Originally Posted by JawsOfLife View Post
If the USB 3.0 expansion card goes into a PCi-E slot. A standard PCI slot expansion can only give 133 MB/s max, which is about 1/5 of USB 3.0's limit. If it's an ExpressCard expansion (though I've never heard of one of those kind...) it would give a max 2.5 Gbps throughput speed, which is much faster than USB 2.0 but only half as fast as 3.0. Hope that answered your question!
Thank you.

/rummages around looking for the specs on his mobo
Old 2012-07-24, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Your planetside 2 youtube movie plans.

Originally Posted by JoeDragon View Post
USB2 Sadly, however I'll play around with quality. I originally used it but one person commented about some lag in one of my early videos so I switched. But looking back most of my initial videos turned out ok and it was during an open beta of SWTOR in the main Capital Space Station so that may have contributed to the lag.

I'll just have to play around with it in the short term until I can upgrade.
As someone frequently recording APB, I came to the conclusion that I get better video/performance when recording to a 5400rpm USB2 external than I get by recording to the same HDD that runs Windows and APB and it does make sense

Naturally if one would have two "real HDDs" then it would be different, but if just one, even USB2 external is probably better.

If you want to get an idea, check the Youtube link in my sig. Any video that has "Core" in it at the end is recorded by me. I use Fraps recording at half size (I play at 1920x1080) and I usuaully only upload up to 720p to save time and HDD space (got a really low upload bandwidth) and cos my videos are more like volume videos with just ordinary clan teamplay with it (instead of like a montage I have been working for months, in which case id upload 1080p). I did recently upload one 1080p movie.. here:

I record at 60 fps (naturally youtube makes it like 24 or something) and the game also runs around 50-60 fps.

At least for the kind of videos I do, I think the quality is OK, but I guess if one would rather make "value" videos rather than the "volume" videos I make, more quality might be preferred. Fraps is extremely easy to use, but it comes at the expense of lack of settings. Something like dxtory is pretty much the king when it comes to adjustments, but something like Bandicam seems to provide a pretty good quality/size ratio for many of my clanmates. As a reference, the videos that say "Moras" on the channel are recorded with Bandicam.

For Fraps half size vs. full size comparison, this video was filmed full size and also uploaded full size, but the game was running at like 25 fps for me, so playing with it wouldve been definitely out of question, but I wanted the best quality possible for this video so that people can see the crosshair and bullet impacts cos that was the entire point of the video I think the major reason for the huge FPS drop was that the external HDD couldnt keep up with full size recording at higher FPS, so it bottlenecked it down. Could've also been my GPU (HD5770), but I'm not sure.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube

Last edited by Coreldan; 2012-07-24 at 02:07 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion