Size does matter! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Smells like flowers, covered in corpses....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-09-06, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Bergy
Private

Re: Size does matter!

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
Putting large dead areas between bases is a terrible idea. They'll just go unused. Make the map bigger? Fine. But don't empty it out. Besides, the last 100 years has shown us that Fighting jn an arbitrary field just doesn't settle anything.

Besides, with the wealth of ways to quickly move in this game, a battle out in the open away from a base probably won't happen often.
So the battle of Seelow and Kursk did not settle anything? Two of the largest battles in history taking place in the Eastern European Plains that led to the ultimate downfall of the German army in WW2. Nope, nothing comes out of battles not set in a base. With that said, I don't have the beta, but I wish that there were more skirmishes outside of bases as most of the gameplay I've seen had none.
Old 2012-09-06, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Here is a little bit of an out of the box idea that might foster more conflicts breaking out between objectives.

Pave some of the roads and link some of them like a modern freeway system, and increase the speed of vehicles on roads by 10-20% which would make them appealing to use over going cross country and would also set up more chances of running into enemy forces also using the roads coming from the other direction. You could also add roadblocks/check points as well....maybe a nice rest area..haha.

Just and idea...

Last edited by VaderShake; 2012-09-06 at 03:56 PM.
Old 2012-09-06, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Rat
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bergy View Post
So the battle of Seelow and Kursk did not settle anything? Two of the largest battles in history taking place in the Eastern European Plains that led to the ultimate downfall of the German army in WW2. Nope, nothing comes out of battles not set in a base. With that said, I don't have the beta, but I wish that there were more skirmishes outside of bases as most of the gameplay I've seen had none.
Those battles wouldnt have settled anything if they had nanite respawn technology.

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
Here is a little bit of an out of the box idea that might foster more conflicts breaking out between objectives.

Pave some of the roads and link some of them like a modern freeway system, and increase the speed of vehicles on roads by 10-20% which would make them appealing to use over going cross country and would also set up more chances of running into enemy forces also using the roads coming from the other direction. You could also add roadblocks/check points as well....maybe a nice rest area..haha.

Just and idea...
Maybe a toll booth or 2 !!!
Old 2012-09-06, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rat View Post

Maybe a toll booth or 2 !!!

^^^^ Obviously you must be TR...
Old 2012-09-06, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
ODonnell
Corporal

They do need to expand the land mass between bases/outposts some. I'd say start small. 10% and see where it goes from there.
Old 2012-09-06, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
HorizonBound
Private

I don't think that the map neccesarily needs to be made bigger, per say, but there do need to be more landmark features. Some of the bases also feel cut-and-paste, even though they're not, which makes movement seem slower than it is. What the game needs are some more unique structures, like an old missile gantry, or docks on one side, or a small village. Things like the stronghold (my favorite base, just because it's highly defensible, and fun to attack at the same time) need to be scattered around, and there need to be a few more single/double-hex CPs, as they're extremly valuable just for the territory and string together territories by droping off tow or three people capping the bases make you feel like shizz is getting done. I remember me and my Gal. crew flying around the northern NC Biolab and captiring the surrounding hexes which were smaller, and easier to cap, giving us valuable adjancency, which helped us cap the biolab with relative ease. This needs to happen more often.

Last edited by HorizonBound; 2012-09-06 at 07:22 PM.
Old 2012-09-06, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
cellinaire
Captain

I thought upping the overall movement speed of all soldiers and all vehicles was intentional...based on dev interviews so far.
Old 2012-11-06, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Didn't Higby say that every inch of the continent was made for fighting on? So shouldn't that mean battles should be forming on most of these inches that were made specifically for the task of being fought on?
Every inch except for those that are marked out of bounds. No fighting there allowed.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion