Happy to have wasted 480 certs on Jackhammer - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Too many Vanu on the dance floor
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-07, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Warshed
Private

Happy to have wasted 480 certs on Jackhammer

With that cert bonus, now I know the Jackhammer is worthless. There is no way I will ever cert that until they increase its effectiveness. I am better off with regular guns. It only works at close range, but its spread is super small, and you know what enemies do at close range? They bob and weave and so you can't get an easy shot with the jackhammer. If its spread were wider, it would be more effective at close range. So I am happy that when the full version comes out, I know not to get this weapon.
Old 2012-11-07, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Happy to have wasted 480 certs on Jackhammer

Bittervet !

(just kidding, I couldnt help myself )

Don't worry things will get fixed some time in the future. If something is definitely missing, it is a free option to recertify.

Or a paying one.
Old 2012-11-07, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Warshed
Private

I am glad to have been part of the beta to know what not to cert and what is the best thing to cert. Jesus, I can only imagine saving for weeks to get a JH only to have it be a joke. I would be crushed.
Old 2012-11-07, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Warshed View Post
I am glad to have been part of the beta to know what not to cert and what is the best thing to cert. Jesus, I can only imagine saving for weeks to get a JH only to have it be a joke. I would be crushed.
I share the feeling... I felt terrible for acquiring the MCG until I realized it was actually a decent weapon. I also felt a tad disappointed when I realized that doubling the size of the MCG magazine (100 to 200) which cost a bit in certs, forced to choose it vs. the laser-dot.

In the very long-term though, cert costs will not matter (since eventually, you unlock everything) unless they plan to design PS2 as an endless grind (i.e. you'll always be missing something to have access to 100% of the gameplay).

Being able to recert (ie. cert points acquired can all be reused and aren't "sunk") would prevent the need of a "testing system" and may help against mistakes.

IMO, if they implement/allow recerting, they will go the World of Warcraft way i.e. you pay (SC or cert points) to recert if you do not like where you put your class points.
Old 2012-11-07, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Beerbeer
Major

The jackhammer should have a bigger clip (10 rounds maybe?), faster reload time and much longer range, with either a large damage drop off or larger bullet spread beyond a certain point, but it at least should do some damage at range.
Old 2012-11-07, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Hamm don't want no negitive posts lol

Yeah imagine how we feel about the Lasher. Now if only there was some way we could erase our memories of Planetside (1). We might be able to enjoy Planetside 2 better. Or just play other games.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion