Best TR LMG for long range - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Girls no shirt no charge
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-19, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Defcon I
Private

Best TR LMG for long range

Ok, so I mainly play as TR Heavy and I'm wondering something. What LMG is the best for longer range support roles? I like to defend bases and support assaults by laying down covering fire. So I want to know, what gun has the best range or even better, the best accuracy. I am currently using the default with a grip and 4x scope and it works ok, I just have to baby the recoil a bit and judge where the bullets will fall, which I've noticed is harder since I turned my particle effects up. ODD. So is bullet velocity what I should look for? Is there a way to increase this? I'm just trying to get some feedback before I waste my certs on something. Thanks.
Old 2012-12-19, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Storn
Sergeant

Re: Best TR LMG for long range

The forward grip (full auto) and compensator should make your groupings tighter. I use the TAR for the Medic and find the forward grip helps keep my ranged shots on target.

Hope this helps.

Note: TAR does not get the Compensator as an option.

Infantry Lead the Way!

Last edited by Storn; 2012-12-19 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Note: TAR does not get the Compensator as an option.
Old 2012-12-19, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Defcon I
Private

My problem is that the basic LMG doesn't have a compensator option, only the grip. I'm just wondering what gun I could upgrade to, that has good performance and I can put the compensator and grip on. Like I want some personal experiences, stats on the wiki are unhelpful and don't really mean much.
Old 2012-12-19, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

you are not using the right wiki :P
Carv-S from what I hear is the best HA LMG.

planetside . wikia . com / wiki / Light_Machine_Guns

sorry had to put spaces in because someone who runs this site want to use their wiki instead....
http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/...t_Machine_Guns - you can use the PSU wiki but it doesn't have the info you are looking for.

Last edited by Rahabib; 2012-12-19 at 11:58 AM.
Old 2012-12-19, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
VaderDSL
Private

I've recently gone from Carv-S after the changes to the TMG-50, find it fun to use at mid range, it doesn't fire fast, but it hits hard and very good against max units as well I find.
Old 2012-12-19, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

This is probably going to be less helpful since i'm going outside of your parameters a bit, but if you want something good for mid to long range fire support, i'd go for a battle rifle instead of an LMG.

That's basically what I do, and from my experience the battle rifles do a great job at it. They're especially good for pinning down snipers (and even picking them off, because you have the advantage of being able to move and shoot), and tackling priority targets.

The obvious caveat here is i'm NC, so I don't know exactly how the TR battle rifle performs.
Old 2012-12-19, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Defcon I
Private

Originally Posted by Rahabib View Post
you are not using the right wiki :P
Carv-S from what I hear is the best HA LMG.

planetside . wikia . com / wiki / Light_Machine_Guns

sorry had to put spaces in because someone who runs this site want to use their wiki instead....
http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/...t_Machine_Guns - you can use the PSU wiki but it doesn't have the info you are looking for.
Thank you, that was very helpful. I think I'll bite the bullet and go for the TMG 50 with SC and save my certs for attachments. I think I'll wait for double SC on friday though ^_^. I dont full auto often, so the rate of fire shouldnt be an issue.
Old 2012-12-19, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

The long range weapon is supposed to be the TMG-50. Usually long range weaps are high damage, low rate of fire. You can also tell by the attachments available: high velocity ammo, advanced forward grip, compensator, 6x scope. Usually they also have an extended range until minimum damage as well.

TR: TMG-50
NC: NC6 Gauss SAW or Gauss SAW S
VS: Ursa or Flare

Short range weaps, on the other hand, have soft point, advanced laser sight, no compensator, sometimes no 2x reflex sight. Usually low damage, high rate of fire.

TR: MSW-R
NC: Anchor or EM1
VS: Orion or Pulsar LSW
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion