Call Me Crazy - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Quotes are a pain to think of
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-14, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Re: Call Me Crazy

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
OK, you're crazy.
Are you the MaxDamage on Miller that posts "NC MAX OP" all the time?
Old 2013-01-14, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
Haha....no..the expirience was better point blank. I think allot of people who have been negative need to get their heads cleared a bit though instead of waiting for the perfect picture PS2 they want to play which they each individually have painted in their heads. Not saying PS2 is perfect but allot of babies are being thrown out with bathwater.
Pure wisdom right here. Could not have said it better myself.

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com
Old 2013-01-14, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Eliphas
Private

This thread makes me vary happy. Thought the game would die before I would get back home from over seas.
Old 2013-01-15, 05:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

I've been getting really sick of fighting over the same handful of bases on Indar again and again and again (Crossroads, TI Alloys, Regent Rock, and of course The Crown)...

...but then last night I spent all night in a really solid and fun infantry battle defending Freyr Amp Station on Esamir against both the NC and the TR

Given that I normally spend a lot of time in tanks, and tend to over-rely on them for easy kills (tanks vs infantry clearly needs some work, and anyone who denies it is kidding themselves), playing all night as infantry was a fun change - and proved to me that I can come out ahead without relying on an instakill cannon

So yeah, it feels to me like the game is improving already - maybe people are just learning to play better and/or in more fun ways?

Old 2013-01-15, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
coconut
Private

Originally Posted by Eliphas View Post
This thread makes me vary happy. Thought the game would die before I would get back home from over seas.
While most of the criticism is warranted, I never found these issues to be deal-breakers for me. What other game is there out there to compete with Planetside 2? I don't know of any game that plays in the same category, and I'm still having fun with the game.

The vocal minority can be very grumpy for sure. You should get worried the day the forums get silent. That's when people are actually leaving the game.

Regarding AA balancing: I haven't really noticed a difference. You still need to lead a lot with the Skyguard. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels like a burster max has more range. If that's the case, I think it should be changed. Surely a specialized tank should be more lethal than a max?

About the effectiveness of skyguards: It denies airspace in a limited area (because of the slowness of the projectiles). Outside of that, the best you can hope is to scare enemies away, which is good enough, if your objective is to keep ground forces safe.
In other words, a couple of skyguards is all you need to keep a tank column safe, which I think is about right. Maybe we'll see dedicated air forces focus on skyguards, I think there's room for that. 4 ESFs with rocket pods will turn a skyguard into junk in no time.
Old 2013-01-15, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Moodel
Private

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
The patch won't hit for two more weeks, but I'll be damned if I ain't had more fun lately. The last week or more I've had good game play.
Ditto. Same on Miller. Massive battles
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion