Liberator Balance patch out tonight - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Shrike Tested, Mosquito Approved
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-17, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
PredatorFour
Major

Re: Liberator Balance patch out tonight

Originally Posted by Gortha View Post
Right now a Liberator can take more Hits from a MBT than another MBT can take.
Takes me 3 mag shots to down a lib, 2 to seriously give it something to think about (land+rep or explode) Don't get what you mean ? a tank takes more hits to kill depending on where the shells land ofc

And making the blast radius smaller on the zepher isn't going to be the magical cure for their OPness. Its not hard to gun libs thats the problem, its fairy easy to land the shots on targets once you are used to it. Think it might be good to make them more cumbersome , make the guns twitchy or something so its quite hard to gun.

Last edited by PredatorFour; 2013-01-17 at 05:41 AM.
Old 2013-01-17, 06:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Gortha View Post
Right. The AC130 isa Oneshot, the Liberator should be the same, a Glasscannon.
Right now a Liberator can take more Hits from a MBT than another MBT can take.
Two Vanguard/Maggy AP shots to blow it up AFAIK.

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
And making the blast radius smaller on the zepher isn't going to be the magical cure for their OPness. Its not hard to gun libs thats the problem, its fairy easy to land the shots on targets once you are used to it. Think it might be good to make them more cumbersome , make the guns twitchy or something so its quite hard to gun.
Even more reload time for Dalton (and Zephyr)
Significant COF spread for Zephyr during sustained fire.

I was thinking this was what we'd see TBH.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-01-17 at 06:19 AM.
Old 2013-01-17, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Gortha
First Sergeant

Takes me 3 mag shots to down a lib, 2 to seriously give it something to think about (land+rep or explode) Don't get what you mean ? a tank takes more hits to kill depending on where the shells land ofc

Hey Predator,

thats not true. My Saron(TOP Gun for the Magrider) needs 6 Shots/Hits to Kill a Lib the Standard Front-Cannon - ... i don´t know. But it my be the AP Variant of the Front cannon can do it with 3 or 4 Hits...

Even that is WAYYYYY to much.

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2013-01-17, 07:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Gortha
First Sergeant

There is also NO Weak Point at a Liberator like the MBTs have at their back...

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2013-01-17, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
PredatorFour
Major

That's something i don't understand in this game , how tanks can be weak at their back yet aircraft don't have a weak spot.

If the front/cockpit of the aircraft was their weak spot it would make things interesting.
Old 2013-01-17, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

Between the gravity they've given the rounds (ie, same as sniper bullet drop) and the smaller blast radius.. we are going to see a whole lot less long range bombing while the lib is out of effective AA range. Therefore, libs will have to come into AA range to do bombing... more higher speed bombing runs... less hover-camping.

This combined with the AA increases we've seen, means a lot less rounds being thrown about. Libs will still be deadly as hell... but just for a shorter period of time and more likely to be chased off by combined AA.

It's another small step towards balancing... much better to do it in chunks than to nerf the hell out of something then swing it back and forth trying to balance it. I've already noticed more infantry running around on Matherson from the AA increase... i'm hoping that a drop in long range bombing will increase it even more, and require an effective lib to have a spotter or two for those juicy targets rather than floating around with impunity.

Btw, a zerged base will still have libs flying around killing everything... but it should be much easier to handle these guys in lower population fights.
Old 2013-01-17, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

That's something i don't understand in this game , how tanks can be weak at their back yet aircraft don't have a weak spot.

If the front/cockpit of the aircraft was their weak spot it would make things interesting.
Ha... that would make rocket spamming quite interesting... spam those missiles at infantry and they may put a bullet through your cockpit into your head.

It would be cool to be able to snipe a pilot from his aircraft like you can do with the quads (if they render for ya... lol)
Old 2013-01-17, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

They nerfed the nv range on aircraft. To me this is a big step in the right direction. Good job devs.
Old 2013-01-17, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

The skyguard has improved velocity and clustering but is still behind the dual burster max imo in the time to kill their target. The skyguard should be atleast equivalent if not better.
Old 2013-01-17, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
FreeSpeech
Corporal

Originally Posted by KaskaMatej View Post
I'll be more specific this time, what EXACTLY is wrong with Reaver or Mossy/Scythe?
Scythe - way too maneoverable - I've seen these things spin on the spot which just means that if one spots you, you're dead as you won't shake it off. After controlling one, it was so dam easy to use and I don't even use weird keybinding tricks with the pitch keys either.

It's weapons are also not half bad either. People claim they're all the same but the rockets seem to kill in less time than a Reaver's counterparts. But just generally it's a thin disc which already makes it a hard target and it can defy the laws of physics which is just too much.

The Mossy is probably the more balanced of the 3, but it still has a speed advantage over the Reaver and is a thinner target.

The Reaver has "NOTHING" going for it. Any claim it has higher damage is false. Liberators take 4 entire salvos of gun/rockets to die. ESF's still take at least 2 full salvos of the main cannon and we're talking the rotary vortek here, not the basic one. Not sure what the AA rockets are like, but most people have flares now.

It's a fatter target meaning enemies can hit it a lot easier and it's also as a result less maneoverable so you can't dodge as well. So essentially it's not either stronger, sturdier, faster or more agile than any of the other ships so there's zero point to it other than to be subpar to the other races, which NC is in general anyway. The Scythe is just SO much better to control and rape kills with.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
Scythe - way too maneoverable - I've seen these things spin on the spot which just means that if one spots you, you're dead as you won't shake it off. After controlling one, it was so dam easy to use and I don't even use weird keybinding tricks with the pitch keys either.

It's weapons are also not half bad either. People claim they're all the same but the rockets seem to kill in less time than a Reaver's counterparts. But just generally it's a thin disc which already makes it a hard target and it can defy the laws of physics which is just too much.

The Mossy is probably the more balanced of the 3, but it still has a speed advantage over the Reaver and is a thinner target.

The Reaver has "NOTHING" going for it. Any claim it has higher damage is false. Liberators take 4 entire salvos of gun/rockets to die. ESF's still take at least 2 full salvos of the main cannon and we're talking the rotary vortek here, not the basic one. Not sure what the AA rockets are like, but most people have flares now.

It's a fatter target meaning enemies can hit it a lot easier and it's also as a result less maneoverable so you can't dodge as well. So essentially it's not either stronger, sturdier, faster or more agile than any of the other ships so there's zero point to it other than to be subpar to the other races, which NC is in general anyway. The Scythe is just SO much better to control and rape kills with.
I don't know... As a mossy pilot I kill scythe as easy/hard as reavers.... And I see my self as an average skilled pilot.

Maybe the gap between the reaver and the schthe is a little unbalanced but as I can't say the mossy vs scythe or the mossy vs reaver is unbalanced it most be so little that the skill of the pilot is allot more important then the design of the ESF.
Old 2013-01-19, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
FreeSpeech
Corporal

I accept the Mossy is more balanced - in fact I'd rather all 3 ESF's were more like it in general feel. But it still is better than a Reaver any day. Nothing great about low damage, low agility, low health and fatter bulk!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion