Nerf Aircraft...? How About we Add More types of AA instead. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Throw me a fricken bone here
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-19, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Kirotan
Corporal

Re: Nerf Aircraft...? How About we Add More types of AA instead.

Here's how I see it. Feel free to reply and edit where you think my opinion is wrong:

1. Adding more AA to the game will only scare away the less dedicated and/or less skilled pilots. Soon there will be so few pilots that only the Aces will be left in the skies. At this point, air will be so rare that people won't bother pulling AA at all. An ace pilot will show up and farm people for 2-3 minutes. By the time someone pulls AA, he leaves and finds another farm where they aren't expecting air. (This is what I do right now, actually. Last night I went MBT/Lightning hunting, and moved from TI Alloys --> Ceres Hydroponics --> Galaxy Solar --> Palisades --> Crimson Bluff Tower --> Zurvan. By the time I got back to TI alloys, they put all their AA toys away and the cycle repeated). Edit: I AM NOT an ace pilot. I just use the same methods.

2. More ground AA hurts AA ESF pilots first. A2A ESF's are your #1 best killer of enemy air because they can pursue and finish off enemies, something ground AA simply cannot do. A2A ESF pilots quit first because they have no counter to ground AA.

3. A2G ESF pilots will leave next. They stick around a bit longer because they can always rocketpod the AA in the area. They are also good at chasing down liberators and other ESF's.

4. Liberators will be the last to leave: "Dear players, thank you for asking for more AA. ESF's don't have the armor to get close to ground zergs anymore. Meanwhile, I have enough armor to make at least one pass and kill some of you. Oh, and by the way: I don't have to worry about dying while crawling back to get repairs because all this AA scared the ESF's away!

Summary: More AA will make Liberators the "Last man standing" while simultaneously eliminating most of the the pilot/flying element of the game for ESF's. Liberators will become MORE dangerous than ever before, and no amount of adding ground AA will be a 100% deterrent.

Summary 2: Is it safe to say Liberators seem to be peoples' problems more than all air in general?

Does anyone think the Liberator nerf actually did anything? Same number of Liberators spamming infantry as before. The guys who sat in Liberators before do so now as well. TR ran in a group of 4 Liberators against a VS armor column with 3 Skyguards + bursters and the liberators decimated the whole armor column.
If your 3 skyguards were Scythes with A2A you would have 4 dead liberators. They don't even have to be good pilots; if they can hover and not crash into trees, they can point at Libs and shoot lock ons at them from a distance.

Last edited by Kirotan; 2013-01-19 at 12:20 PM.
Old 2013-01-19, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
FreeSpeech
Corporal

Re: Nerf Aircraft...? How About we Add More types of AA instead.

Shame lockons take tonnes of hits to kill a Lib - plenty of time to get killed by something else.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion