Bugs and suggestions for ps2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm so confused.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-19, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Metal
Private

Bugs and suggestions for ps2

Greetings.

This forums looks more mature and way more less trolling then ps2 Sony forums . I'm glad it is like that here.

i have some bugs and suggestions to post/report. Was wondering what to do with them ? I guess the developers are reading forums here more often then on official ps2 forum ? Or should i email this stuff to some of them ?

Suggestions:

- Removing spotting sounds and calls. I am being spotted and i know exactly where are enemy players. This is not realistic, it defeats the purpose of an fps game and is easy mode. This should be added in tutorial and not in final game. This is for me a mayor game breaker.

Edit: To fix this issue, you would not be able to hear enemy sounds, only from your team. This would be logical fix for the issue.

- Give ability to engineer to build temporary shield barrier and medics temporary medical fields. All would requer resources and both of them would need to keep it alive. Let's say going to Crown step by step behind a temporary shield barrier, kept alive by engineers.

- Adding option in UI to remove "killed by" screen. Omg i hate this stuff.
- Adding option in UI to hide chat.
- Adding option in UI for advanced graphic settings.
- Adding option in UI to block friend requests, outfit and squad invitations.
- Adding option in UI to modify your UI as you wish, including adding a color palette.

- Encrypting the ps2 client.
- Aiming, etc... making everything server side checks.

- When some one has placed a mine, claymore, etc... Infiltrator could spot it and deactivated it. Claymore needs a visible line from corner to corner, something like a laser to trigger once you cross it.

- Kiling same faction players has no real penalty and kids are loving this. To make things more interesting for them.

- Kiling same faction player - 10% exp. and resources loose per kill.
- Kiling same faction vehicle - 20% exp. and resources loose per kill.

(discussion is going on topics bellow)

This introduces resources and exp. sink which is needed in ps2 as new resource system will be implemented. off course players will be against this ideas, since they want to have fun blowing stuff up. Like your sunderer, because you get exp. from spawns and they don't.

Bugs:

- When your jumping from tower to tower. When you land, enemy engineer can place turret on that landing square and turret will kill you. This should not be allowed.

- Reloading screen 3x times ? Probably already known bug.

- Flickering of the screen. We tried 2 different pc's, same result. Probably already known bug.

- Tanks killing you thru solid building. kinda defeats purpose of the building and hiding behind it. Line of sight tweaks.

- Bomber (atm forgot the name). Has wrong information of how many ammo it has.

Last edited by Metal; 2013-01-20 at 02:24 AM.
Old 2013-01-19, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Re: Bugs and suggestions for ps2

Nice suggestions and bugs and such. Only thing I disagree with is the teamkilling penalty, not because it's a bad idea, but because that just doesn't seem like the best way to implement it. I can't help when somebody stands on top of my fighter as I take off, or walks in front of my gun while I'm shooting, or even gets nicked by my tank. I don't think that serious of a penalty is necessary, as it could be quite annoying for players who accidentally teamkill and are punished for it.
Old 2013-01-19, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Metal View Post
- Tanks killing you thru solid building. kinda defeats purpose of the building and hiding behind it.
The devs know about this one, and there should be some fixes to it in the next patch, at least when it comes to spawn rooms specifically (i'm not sure about everywhere else).
Old 2013-01-20, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Metal
Private

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
Only thing I disagree with is the teamkilling penalty, not because it's a bad idea, but because that just doesn't seem like the best way to implement it. I can't help when somebody stands on top of my fighter as I take off, or walks in front of my gun while I'm shooting, or even gets nicked by my tank. I don't think that serious of a penalty is necessary, as it could be quite annoying for players who accidentally team kill and are punished for it.
What about this idea (Refined):

- Only those who do damage and later kill friendly vehicle or player will receive 10% or 20% penalty. There could be server side checks if player is in fight and already receiving damage. So if you do kill him, the system will see that you didn't wanted to kill him on purpose, but was a unintended friendly fire. There would not be any penalty for you.

Other example:

While he starts killing your sunderer. Server sees that he is not in combat and he will receive full penalty. Same server checks for killing players.

Whats your opinion on this idea.

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post
The devs know about this one, and there should be some fixes to it in the next patch, at least when it comes to spawn rooms specifically (i'm not sure about everywhere else).
That's good to hear, tnx.

Last edited by Metal; 2013-01-20 at 02:26 AM.
Old 2013-01-20, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thanks for the post and welcome to PSU!

Some interesting ideas there.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion