Will the 30th patch optimize for high end users as well? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Save me! Don't hit refresh!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-20, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
drhax
Private

Will the 30th patch optimize for high end users as well?

Sony have mentioned that this patch will help the lower end and any optimization will effect everyone to some degree but how much is this patch going to help high end computers?

Helping low end users is great to increase the player base but they can't just focus on the lower end. Low end users should expect some performance issues.

While high end users expect good performance but are not getting it due to poor optimization. People invest into high end so they can play games like PS2 well.

Basically the game needs to be more optimized but especially for high end users, since they shouldn't expect poor performance. I'm not saying ignore low end users but don't focus on them, which Sony seem to be doing. If this optimization is universal then great but if it only effects low end and high end don't see much change then it will push away the enthusiasts.
Old 2013-01-20, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Will the 30th patch optimize for high end users as well?

Originally Posted by drhax View Post
Sony have mentioned that this patch will help the lower end and any optimization will effect everyone to some degree but how much is this patch going to help high end computers?

Helping low end users is great to increase the player base but they can't just focus on the lower end. Low end users should expect some performance issues.

While high end users expect good performance but are not getting it due to poor optimization. People invest into high end so they can play games like PS2 well.

Basically the game needs to be more optimized but especially for high end users, since they shouldn't expect poor performance. I'm not saying ignore low end users but don't focus on them, which Sony seem to be doing. If this optimization is universal then great but if it only effects low end and high end don't see much change then it will push away the enthusiasts.
Of course we don't really know but the recent news that the size of the art assets has been cut down is good news for everyone.

Of course, optimisation is not a one-time event.
Old 2013-01-20, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Meecrob
Sergeant

Originally Posted by drhax View Post
What load of crap... No its not more important your fps goes from 30 -40 fps in big battles than the low end's going from 15 - 20. I've been hearing some stories about high end getting below 20 fps, but within the group of people i know high end gets you atleast 30 fps.

Ofcourse having a high end pc and getting 20fps is not acceptable and they need to fix this if it happens alot, but they should put their focus on the low-end.

Better fps in low-end means more players.
Old 2013-01-20, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Yeah... low end needs to improve, not high end. I have a high end system but I know many people who have a "normal" old cpu or gpu that just can't play the game.
Old 2013-01-20, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
Yeah... low end needs to improve, not high end. I have a high end system but I know many people who have a "normal" old cpu or gpu that just can't play the game.

I get around 30-35 FPS in big fights on an I5 3570k, dual GTX 580's, Samsung 830 SSD and 16 gigs of ram. Lowering the settings doesn't change anything. I expect atleast 60 FPS on that setup. It's good that the low end gets improved, but since most high end PC's run like shit too they also need to get an performance boost.

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2013-01-20 at 09:00 AM.
Old 2013-01-20, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post

I get around 30-35 FPS in big fights on an I5 3570k, dual GTX 580's, Samsung 830 SSD and 16 gigs of ram. Lowering the settings doesn't change anything. I expect atleast 60 FPS on that setup. It's good that the low end gets improved, but since most high end PC's run like shit too they also need to get an performance boost.
Holy shit that image made me laugh so hard.
Performance on low and high end systems needs a tweak. We can argue priority till we are blue in the face and long of beard. What we CAN agree on is optimisation needs to happen.

Old 2013-01-20, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ironside
Corporal

It should be a new fully optimized client not some quick half arsed fix, remember infantry rendering is dynamic at the moment, if they actually set it to what it should be then everyone would have trouble
Old 2013-01-20, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

We know there are optimizations coming we just don't know what they are.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-20, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Nathaniak
Corporal

I'd guess that everything will get a boost, but if, say, the optimisations reduce the workload by 1% (no idea if this is anything like realistic), then 1% will be a relativly larger amount of a weaker setup's power than that of a higher-end setup, so the lower end will recieve the greatest increase. It's the same optimisation for all, but that finite optimisation has a bigger impact on a lower-end system as that 1% reduction represents a larger amount of a lower-end system's performance. As I said, I'm just guessing here, so if anyone who knows better would like to correct me, feel free.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion