Shotgun Hit detection issue - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No one will mind if you post naked...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-20, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Twasta
Contributor
Corporal

Shotgun Hit detection issue

So I had some SC left over from the Alpha Squad package and figured I might as well buy a Shotgun and went for the Piston. And I noticed something rather strange just a few firefights in: Every second enemy or so, none of my shots hit. None. I can punch all 6 shots into an enemies head and nothing happens.
Now, at first I thought it might be due to either my own connection or the server experiencing too much traffic. So I tried using it at different times of the day, when the pop changes. The problem persisted, even during the early morning (Miller EU) when we only had a few players on each side running around the continents in circles capping bases with barely any resistance, and me being one of the few people already awake in town.
Strangely enough, from time to time the Piston kills in a single hit. I have not yet bothered to check if it is headshots that cause this (the base damage appears to be relatively high), so I'll look into that tomorrow afternoon.
The hit detection with assault and sniper rifles appears to be perfectly fine from my point of view, btw.

Does this problem permeate throughout this weapon class? And if it is not limited to shotguns: Which other weapons to avoid?

Old 2013-01-20, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Aurmanite
Captain

Re: Shotgun Hit detection issue

This happens to me with the Decimator every once in a while.
Old 2013-01-20, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SeraphC
Sergeant

I've had this happen when using the MAX Scattercannon as well, but only when enemies are really close. It seems to be a known bug, I've seen plenty of posts about it.
Old 2013-01-21, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

And here I was thinking I just suck with the Sweeper sometimes. I'll go on a long kill streak with it, then suddenly I get a long death streak with it. All throughout the death streak I'm being killed by players who haven't been hurt at all (even when my hits are registering according to the UI) or they get iced by someone else and I get no assist credit.

Old 2013-01-21, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

I also have the issue from time to time. I have no idea what it is related to. I thought it would be close distance to the target but it also happens some times to targets further away.
I suppose it's a network/lag issue with the server not registering the shots. It seems only to apply to shotgun-like weapons but it's not unlikely that it happens to other weapons too but is more noticeable on shotguns. (?)
Old 2013-01-21, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
And here I was thinking I just suck with the Sweeper sometimes. I'll go on a long kill streak with it, then suddenly I get a long death streak with it. All throughout the death streak I'm being killed by players who haven't been hurt at all (even when my hits are registering according to the UI) or they get iced by someone else and I get no assist credit.
Well, I've never used a shotgun in PS2 but I often have enemies showing up as unhurt in my death screen despite having received hit indicators against them in the preceding fight. So either this is an issue with all weapons, or the stats shown on the death screen are just really unreliable (which is what I'd been assuming).

Failing to get kill assists also seems to be a general problem - definitely seen it with both ARs and low-damage vehicle weapons. I was assuming it was just a matter of how much damage you do - i.e. if you hit them a few times but don't do that much damage overall, then you don't get an assist - whereas high-damage weapons like the Mag's main gun always get assists if not kills.

Old 2013-01-21, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

Hmm... maybe it's a lag/connectivity issue or a specific server issue. I use shotguns pretty exclusively on my LA and engy and haven't noticed anything like this. I'm on Mattherson with a pretty good ping/connection and good computer though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion