Remove KDR - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pee Ess You
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-20, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Remove KDR

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Players are affected by KDR displays.

Kill whoring is an effect of KDR displays.

Player feedback effected a change in KDR displays.
Old 2013-03-21, 03:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Artimus
Master Sergeant

So, with the news that you can reset your KDR coming I think it is a good time to talk about simply removing this useless stat to begin with. I brought this up in another thread and felt it was worthy of it's own thread.

KDR changes your in game behavior so that you only worry about making sure you kill more than you die. It prevents you from effectively contributing to your faction.

So here is a vid also talking about it and I think TheKoolaidLine nails it. What positive behaviors does KDR promote in a game like Planetside? Why is it a stat worthy of being displayed in the game? Because like DrankTHEKoolaid... I can't think of a good reason to have it.

Kill Death Ratio
About the OP, I feel you about KDR. PS1 was really about the contributing factor and dying was of least importance, however I enjoy knowing my KDR as I check it periodicaly when I play. Does this effect my playing? Nope. If my KDR is shit I really don't care, but honestly there is to much to kill for it suck. Even if this "stat" was taken out of the game it's not going to.change shit. You might as well take out your kills/deaths in a play period stat, but that is just stupid imo.
Old 2013-03-21, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Assist
Contributor
Major

Players are affected by XP displays.

Kill whoring is an effect of XP displays.
Fixed it for you -_-
Old 2013-03-21, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
almalino
First Sergeant

I vote to keep KDR in game. I do not really care about it but some times I check it out in case I manage to kill a lot of guys in a short period of time just to be proud of myself.
Old 2013-03-21, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

PS1 didn't track deaths and it was fine. Could be why farming got to popular thought.

Old 2013-03-21, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Fixed it for you -_-
Killing a single vehicle now is worth 4-10x more exp than killing a single player. Are you telling me that people are going last hit crazy for killing vehicles now? no. Sure some people like to kill vehicles slightly more than before, but people would rather just slaughter infantry to rack up kills. Killing vehicles and taking objectives flash much bigger exp numbers than killing players does. Especially players spawning at the spawn room.. which are still being camped by tanks, liberators and ESF so they can rack up kills.
Old 2013-03-21, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
KodanBlack
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Give people a choice: You can focus on just killing stuff/ improve your K/D, but it won't level you up as fast compared to playing the objective.
I like where that thought process is going. The rewards for capturing and defending should be higher than the rewards for meaningless farming of enemy troops. Killing troops, vehicles, etc. should be relegated to what it is in war: a way to clear all resistance to an objective. Not some major XP bonus.

Keep the rewards for killing stuff, but make them smaller IN COMPARISON to taking and holding objectives.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion