Improvement: Drawing on Map - Permanent Outfit Layer - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Killing fans since October 02'
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-03-28, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Punker
Corporal

Drawing on Map - Permanent Outfit Layer

A feature in Planetside1 BF3 was that squad leaders could draw on the minimap after reaching a certain command rank level, similar to MSpaint, you could draw lines, and attack plans so your squad/platoon had a visual guide about what you were on about, paths to take etc.

I know as part of the priority list of things to fix/add into the game this probably won't (and shouldn't be) very high, but I thought while I have the idea fresh in my mind I would post it up - so at least the idea is out there and can be commented on / improved by the community.

I was thinking maybe a good idea is to have a permanent map layer (toggle-able of course) and viewable only for certain levels of outfit members and above. Officers can use this drawing layer to put down standard SOP's, good ambush positions and frequently used tracks/back roads into bases and outposts, and general notes about specific areas, and it would be persistent (not disappear after the squad/platoon disbands).

Personally i think it would be a very valuable tool, and help immensely with communication within an outfit.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault