GU09 Will have new Lattice - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Donate $1 to PSU to buy Squeeky a new video card.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-16, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Re: GU09 Will have new Lattice

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Indar will be the most populated still, no doubt, but it will actually be fun to play again. It's essentially a completely new continent while getting rid of the horrible aspects of the most played continent.
I understand that. The lag on Indar on Mattherson is atrocious when alerts play on Indar. With Lattice, it'll be an amazing gameplay but it'll have some ridiculous lag if the pops on indar are like they are with alerts ALL THE TIME.
Old 2013-05-16, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Interesting. Wonder why they changed it back.
my understanding (Based on what I read) wasn't that they put the hex back into the test server as a preview of things to come. Basically the hex view you see on the PTS will be an available view of the map, so you can see territory control. It is on PTS now, because frankly no one uses the PTS this time of week. They said they would have the lattice back on the PTS by the end of the week.

And as to general commentary: I really don't know how this will effect the game at this point. It has me kind of jaded the severity of reactions towards PS2 for relatively minor things. Considering how massive of a change this is, I cannot tell you what it will be.

I'm still worried this will cause people to vomit enough bile to up and kill the game, but that is a rather petty concern founded less in fact and more in how little faith I have in the Planetside 2 community these days.

Last edited by GeoGnome; 2013-05-16 at 07:50 AM.
Old 2013-05-16, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Assuming the base redesigns that are on PTS firstly come across and secondly are not "ok we're now done on all defence changes" (because the main POI are still in a poor way in my opinion); it'll be good to see this on the live servers. The only caveat that comes with is that it needs the secondary mechanics to follow promptly; lattice/rush isn't going to be a one swallow pill that fixes everything - just one of a few steps.
Old 2013-05-16, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Carbon Copied View Post
Assuming the base redesigns that are on PTS firstly come across and secondly are not "ok we're now done on all defence changes" (because the main POI are still in a poor way in my opinion); it'll be good to see this on the live servers. The only caveat that comes with is that it needs the secondary mechanics to follow promptly; lattice/rush isn't going to be a one swallow pill that fixes everything - just one of a few steps.
Everyone kind of knows what these things are

1.) Resource redesign
2.) Continental lattice
3.) More continents
4.) Continent lock
5.) World territorial progression as opposed to continent territorial progression (That is to say the factions start at separate corners of the world and work in towards each other)

Personally I really want 5 more than anything. That way, if I am sick of fighting VS, I can quite literally go to the other side of the planet, and fight the NC.
Old 2013-05-16, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post

1.) Resource redesign
2.) Continental lattice
3.) More continents
4.) Continent lock
5.) World territorial progression as opposed to continent territorial progression (That is to say the factions start at separate corners of the world and work in towards each other)

Personally I really want 5 more than anything. That way, if I am sick of fighting VS, I can quite literally go to the other side of the planet, and fight the NC.
6.) Proper command tools

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-16, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

1.) Resource redesign
2.) Continental lattice
3.) More continents
4.) Continent lock

Oh definitely - these are all drums that have been beaten many times by many so I wasn't going to add them here (totally behind the rush mechanic and what works best for the game). I'm just don't want this to be a push to live and the base design changes left as a "thats that"; as like I mentioned I think there is still an amount to do.
Old 2013-05-16, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Carbon Copied View Post
Oh definitely - these are all drums that have been beaten many times by many so I wasn't going to add them here (totally behind the rush mechanic and what works best for the game). I'm just don't want this to be a push to live and the base design changes left as a "thats that"; as like I mentioned I think there is still an amount to do.
Agreed
Old 2013-05-16, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by SternLX View Post
Those bases are that way because Amerish caters to Air. You can always Run on foot up to Raven btw. If you insist going on foot, Go Inf, run up there, hack vehicle term, pop AMS sundy. fight on.
Hell you can drive to Raven's Landing if you know what you are doing...

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
The main worry I have is that the lattice will be introduced incomplete. In other words, without the systems backing it up like useful sabotage (or drain ;p) options to choke points, lacking defenses vs irritating siege mechanics, lock-out hacking on linked bases when the base down the line is already hacked, etc.

The lattice is just part of the greater system, if its supportive elements do not work well yet, it could well result in the lattice itself getting blamed.

1.) Resource redesign
2.) Continental lattice
3.) More continents
4.) Continent lock

Indeed, I knew way back in Beta the game was going to get old if we didn't have more ground to fight over.

Still, the Lattice makes defending actually practical, so it will at least reduce the fatigue of holding a base only for the enemy to go around and cut you off with only the three territories right next to your Warp-gate.

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
TL;DR If they are so serious about the lattice, they need to make "/lead" and "/order" constantly available for those owning the cert, or at least add "/sitrep" that allows you to report to all squad leaders with the cert.
...I do like the idea of a /sitrep channel, especially if you didn't need to be a Squad Leader to subscribe or submit to it.
Too often you get people reporting in /leader with details that bet better communicated with the Faction as a whole.
Old 2013-05-16, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Methonius
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Snydenthur View Post
Isn't that strategy? If the enemy insist on staying only in one spot, why should they be the first concern. Anyone with half brain would take the surrounding regions first to have the advantage against enemy that has been waiting for an attack in easier to defend base.

Lattice tries to circumvent the problem by making that impossible / a lot harder. It might work, I'm not saying that, but as far as I know, nothing stops you from changing to a different lane, if you encounter a bigger force. And nothing should stop that or the game would lose a massive amount of players.
My point is that instead of 17 options there will be maybe 3 now so we can actually have zergs maybe fight each other. We are not in some roleplaying game. I play to actually shoot people in the dome.
Old 2013-05-16, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I seem to recall the main reason Hossin was pushed back was to get the lattice in place first. I wonder if Higby has the balls to just push Hossin out one day and not tell anyone. No patch notes, no twitter heads up, just bam Hossin button in the warp screen.
Sort of. Hossin had to be reworked once they decided to go with this lattice-like system. I'm pretty that's the reason for the significant delay.

Originally Posted by Methonius View Post
My point is that instead of 17 options there will be maybe 3 now so we can actually have zergs maybe fight each other. We are not in some roleplaying game. I play to actually shoot people in the dome.
I honestly don't believe that the lattice will fix this. I'm sure most people playing the game play to shoot people, too, yet they're not motivated enough to territory hop to a larger fight.

The exact same thing is possible with the lattice system. One zerg takes one lane, the enemy zerg takes a different lane. And still no one will be motivated enough to jump lanes.

It's a problem with the playerbase, not the system; a problem that, in my opinion, won't be solved by changing the system.
Old 2013-05-16, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Climhazzard View Post
Sort of. Hossin had to be reworked once they decided to go with this lattice-like system. I'm pretty that's the reason for the significant delay.

I honestly don't believe that the lattice will fix this. I'm sure most people playing the game play to shoot people, too, yet they're not motivated enough to territory hop to a larger fight.

The exact same thing is possible with the lattice system. One zerg takes one lane, the enemy zerg takes a different lane. And still no one will be motivated enough to jump lanes.

It's a problem with the playerbase, not the system; a problem that, in my opinion, won't be solved by changing the system.
You have a point. 1 Empire goes route A the other empire goes route B and never the twain shall meet.

I doubt this will happen in the main, although it may from time to time. But, as we've said the lattice isn't the only thing that is necessary.

Once all the other changes occur as described just above we will get continental battles that are two-ways instead of three-ways and battles will be a lot better. Just as fierce, perhaps more fierce because more strategisation can occur.
Old 2013-05-17, 02:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Oh great....as if indar wasnt overplayed as it is.....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion