[SOE LIVE] Lore Discussion Panelists Needed! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Help your empire, kill a vanu.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-10, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

[SOE LIVE] Lore Discussion Panelists Needed!

The call for SOE Live Player Panels has gone out, and I'd like to heed that call with other members of the PlanetSide 2 Community and present a player panel on PlanetSide 2 Lore.

Here's the link to the official post about SOE Live Player Panels: http://forums.station.sony.com/soe/i...s.11500062060/

--

The panel is meant to discuss the factional ideology, goals, equipment, and other things that aren't so apparent on the battlefield. Each of the panelists will be representing a different faction, and each faction will get equal time to discuss the different subjects.

The schedule for the panel goes as follows:

Introduction - 3 minutes
Describe faction ideology and goals - 12 Minutes (+1 for moderator question)
Explain design of equipment - 12 minutes (+1 for moderator question)
Role of non-combat civilians - 12 minutes (+1 for moderator question)
Wrap-up and begin Q&A - 18 minutes

Each length of time can accommodate 3 or 4 panelists, depending on whether a NS representative will be present or not. Any unused time will be allotted to Q&A, which is a major part of this panel.

My own role may vary based on what we have available: If we can get a SOE employee to be a moderator, I'll likely up the role of Vanu Sovereignty or Nanite Systems representative. Otherwise I'll be acting as the moderator for the panel.

--

Applications to be on this panel will be accepted until 11:59 PM PST on May 17th, and any applications sent after that date. Please ONLY apply for this if you intend to pay for transportation, food, and a place to stay for the event, as those things will not be provided by either myself or SOE. We will be representing VS, NC, TR, and possibly NS as well. Applications for each are being accepted.

Applications should include at least 1 paragraph regarding your thoughts on the different subjects being covered in the panel. If you are selected for the panel, I will need your full name and Station Name for the application.
Please send applications to me via private conversation on the PlanetSide 2 forums: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...&to=Neurotoxin

--

**DISCLAIMER** Not every applicant will be accepted for this Player Panel. There is zero guarantee that this player panel will be approved by the staff in charge of SOE Live. I will not disclose any applicant's Station Name except to SOE employees through private communications where they are required.
Old 2013-05-10, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: [SOE LIVE] Lore Discussion Panelists Needed!

Cool panel idea!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-11, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Micro
Sergeant Major

Yea, really good idea! Too bad that I don't have the time or money to go there right now...
Old 2013-05-11, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

Hi Neurotoxin,
Love this idea! I would definitely be interested in watching a discussion about PS 2 lore. Like Micro, being a European pretty much excludes me from coming (money-wise). I hope you find some good peoples to do it!

Sonny
Old 2013-05-11, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

This sounds bad.

Letting players make lore always results in lore that ultimatly repels other players.

PS1 lore has always been simply and straight forward. Elaborating on it and dressing it up is fun for the writers but not for the players.

For example we constantly have people here trying to turn the NC into junk yard engineers and country bumpkins - particularly people dont play NC.
This might be nice from a balanced lore perspective - but its not at all what NC players signed up for.

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2013-05-11 at 04:12 PM.
Old 2013-05-11, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

If it's just discussion, I'd tell you that in reality there is not much to go on with.

If you plan to improvise, however, then I am with Ghoest. Although the representation of his agument is a little bit agressive, I also think that a centralized professional source of lore is better, than turning it into a people's tall tale.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-12, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Thanks everyone, I'm glad there's some support for this idea! Surprisingly there have been no applications yet, but I'm hoping it is because possible panelists are writing quality paragraphs which reinforce their faction's ideology.

The intent is not to rewrite the lore, but to explore some of the things which haven't been explored or discussed yet. It may simply amount to something that could have been achieved over Skype, or panelists may get the opportunity to interact with lore-related SOE staff to further bolster and reinforce official lore. Either way, lore is one of the subjects that is not touched upon very much, so I'd like to make sure it gets some representation at SOE Live.
Old 2013-05-12, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

THE LACK OF REPRESENTATION FROM THE CULT OF LORD ZOTZ IS HIGHLY DISAPPOINTING AND CONCERNING! LORD ZOTZ WANTS YOUR BLOOD NOW!

I thought about going, but it turns out I'm v. busy and can't go

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2013-05-12 at 04:08 AM.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Only a few days left to apply!
Old 2013-05-15, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Micro
Sergeant Major

Have you got any applicants?
Old 2013-05-15, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Answer any tricky questions with "Nanites"

Old 2013-05-16, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

No Micro, and I may contact some players directly to ask them to represent the other factions.
Old 2013-05-16, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
THE LACK OF REPRESENTATION FROM THE CULT OF LORD ZOTZ IS HIGHLY DISAPPOINTING AND CONCERNING! LORD ZOTZ WANTS YOUR BLOOD NOW!
LOL!

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-17, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Last day to send applications!!
Old 2013-05-17, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Micro
Sergeant Major

Hopefully you get some applicants! I'd love to see this panel (hope they stream the panels)!
Where's the time and money when I need it?!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion