Lattice Lanes - PS2 For Dummies - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Error: Your Bandwith Is Now All Gone
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-27, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Sunrock
Major

Re: Lattice Lanes - PS2 For Dummies

Originally Posted by Illtempered View Post
Now now, don't exaggerate what I said. I didn't say go all Sun Tzu on their ass. I just said "sometimes".
Way not go all Sun Tzu on their asses? There is nothing in his teachings that are bad tactics for this game.
Old 2013-05-27, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Figment
Lieutenant General

Now, small squad vs squad captures can be fun too.

And that can still be had. Flanking can still be done on several levels of strategy and tactics. (Again, see other thread, a few extra triangular lattice bits wouldn't be a problem).
Old 2013-05-27, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Way not go all Sun Tzu on their asses? There is nothing in his teachings that are bad tactics for this game.
I never get why some people don't understand the abstractions of Sun Tzu teachings. :/

Even come across people that think bunkers are obsolete for PS2.
Old 2013-05-27, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Sun tzu teaches not just to win battles but to win wars. Not just to win wars, but to win with the least amount of resource loss possible. Sun tzu would be the ghost capping supreme commander. What works best in real life would just be boring gameplay. I want exciting gameplay and lattice provides that in ******.
Old 2013-05-27, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
CrankyTRex
Staff Sergeant

Thus far my experience with the lattice is "zerg stalemate." Everybody crammed into a small area that is in no way capable of dealing with that many people, with one side viciously camping the spawn and the other side still being too numerous to be totally contained in it, thereby preventing either side from moving. For hours.

It didn't feel like a front line so much as a front base.

I was on Amerish last night instead and was having much more fun there. It was actually kind of funny because when I looked over at Indar, lo and behold the battle lines were pretty much identical to what they had been 24 hours earlier.

So far I definitely prefer letting the terrain act as the "lattice" than having some arbitrary base order. Some other impassables like rivers and forests would really do the job better, I think.
Old 2013-05-27, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Capping an empty base because you dont want to take the challenge of a enemy force is not flanking, its ghost capping.
Actually ghost caping still exist in the lattice a whole lots and since peoples just go naturally and in a much more reliable way where the zergs is

some regions are highly and overly populated while many others are totally empty
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion