News: Game Update 09 patch notes - 22nd May 2013 - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Signatures Are For Weeners.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-23, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Game Update 09 patch notes - 22nd May 2013

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
while also allows a squad+ of players to get in behind a zerg and control a base in an attempt to divert the zerg..
Is that a bad thing? I mean, wasn't it EXACTLY what Spec Ops teams existed for in PlanetSide?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-23, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Is that a bad thing? I mean, wasn't it EXACTLY what Spec Ops teams existed for in PlanetSide?
No, it's not a bad thing. I was listing that as what the intended point of this system is. The problem is right now you can have some solo enemy infiltrator who has no chance of taking that base, simply be annoying by flipping the control point and then disappearing for a minute, then come back once someone comes to resecure and flip it again. As I stated, they need to make it so as long as the defending faction has control of the previous lattice point (aka, 50%+), then you can flip the points in the next lattice base.
Old 2013-05-23, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Played a lot today, spended all those 6000 certs I was saving for that update.2250 only on the max anchored mode, just to discover that it doesn't deploy the anchors it have on it, just assume an idiot position for the bonuses.
That was the only bit of disappointing fail in an otherwise terrific patch, for certain. Hopefully the devs can address this in the future -- I really, REALLY want to see the spikes shoot into the ground and give us engies a clear visual indicator of which MAXes are safe to kneel behind, glue gun in hand....
Old 2013-05-24, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
OmegaPREDATOR
Corporal

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
There is one thing that I really don't like. Apparently you cannot capture points unless the base you just came from is secure, in the sense that the capture point isn't being contested.
I most certainly wouldn't want to be placed on guard duty away from the fighting just so that one wee bastard doesn't contest the point.
And it's still possible to cap territory when cut from warpgate
Ghost cap are still possible ...

So we have always same trouble but we have too much people in the same place for be handle correctly by servers.

Love the way to think of SOE thinkers
Old 2013-05-24, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

I can only assume people that people are trying to play this game with shit-top PC's. My rig is running an AMD phenom quad-core, 16 gigabytes of 1.6ghz ram and a GeForce GTS 450. Hardly top of the line, yet there hasn't been a battle yet that I can't get at least 40 fps on low graphics.

I've put in.... 48 hours so far? Zero lag issues, on one of the biggest servers (Connery).

Put the Fischer-Price PC's away honeys.
Old 2013-05-29, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Hipshot
Private

I like the GU9 and the lattice system alot and i think it will be alot better further ahead.
Tho the ZOE max is pure bullshit Maxes are not supposed to be fast period. You can outmaneuver TR/NC maxes but not VS maxes they outmaneuver all other classes yea thats balanced...
Its pointless to try take out a competent ZOE max alone unless you are in a max yourself.
1 ZOE comet max kills a sunderer in 8.6 seconds!
And it kills a liberator faster then a lockdownmax.
Fighting ZOE maxes as light assault is pretty pointless and just a waste of c4
So VS have clearly the best max now since its best at AA AI and AV.

I also hate the burster buff for VS/TR it was not needed at all.
The TR Lockdownmax is so situational most players dont know how to use it properly. They just camp somewere and tk ppl who runs infront of them just like in PS1.
The NC shield is also a verry situational so the old charge ability is still better.

As for the harraser NC and VS got 1 shot sniper weapons while TR got closerange spam weapons that do shit damage.
Old 2013-05-29, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

>Crown Capture Points relocated. We moved two capture points for the Crown down onto the nearby bridges. We also moved the spawn room back into the tower

I didn't even notice this until tonight. THEY'VE NEUTERED THE FUCKING CROWN. It's indefensible now. It's a ten-minute speedbump.

*WHY WHY WHY*

I thought we'd made such strides in getting the devs to understand how defensibility contributed to gameplay, what with all this talk of lessons learned and base redesign and WALLS and stuff. Why in Mother Terra's name was this done? They aren't going to *leave* it that way... are they?

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2013-05-29 at 11:55 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion