PS2 & MLG: Why it can be an amazing, immersive & engaging viewing experience. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Takes it time to aprove our quotes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-08, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: PS2 & MLG: Why it can be an amazing, immersive & engaging viewing experience.

so what´s the deal with this mlg thing?

will we be able to watch it in observermode from inside the game?

if not,
opportunity wasted, back to zero interest.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-08, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Chewy
Major

Re: PS2 & MLG: Why it can be an amazing, immersive & engaging viewing experience.

I posted my question in the wrong thread. I am an idiot.
Old 2013-06-08, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Mox View Post
Because of creating these miniconts SOE delayed Hossin! Fantastic strategy! Maybe esports really dont need instances because the only remaining people on servers will be some esports geeks.
That's speculation.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-06-08, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
so what´s the deal with this mlg thing?

will we be able to watch it in observermode from inside the game?

if not,
opportunity wasted, back to zero interest.
I believe the plan is for people to be able to watch on streams and video. Observer mode isn't something that they will be opening to everyone.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-06-08, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I believe the plan is for people to be able to watch on streams and video. Observer mode isn't something that they will be opening to everyone.
too bad. would be the thing that verifies this topic´s title.
just for official mlg matches of course. the playing teams will be to busy to abuse this in any form, but everyone could feel like a war reporter and see the battle from the first row.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-09, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
zoidbergenstein
Private

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Id like to bump this in hopes of getting a question responded to. How ever unlikely.

It there a set standard for notice of who or what outfit you want to to follow for the War Report?

Today DVS was contacted again to do another MLG match up. This time I was told it was going to be with DVS and NUC fighting it out, but sadly I could not attend thanks to having so little notice. At around 8am EST a post was made of the DVS forums for members to join in for the MLG mock match at 3:15pm EST. Latter in Teamspeak I was told of maybe 12 hours total notice to get 24 people and leaders together for the match that know their shit. Not enough time.

After asking around Teamspeak it seems we got such short notice thanks to us being a backup to call if another outfit drops. I can understand having a deadline and needing someone fast but how much time did NUC have to get people ready? Are they a backup plan as well or a first pick this week? PS2 just can't do what MLG wants it to yet. Without battle islands and ways to have a fair fight with both sides agreeing to a time, place, and rules then it isn't time yet for a match based gameplay. At least give both sides the same prep time till then.

To anyone in NUC that can tell me-
How much time did you guys have to prep and get people ready?

-SPOILER-

DVS lost and that isn't the reason Im making this post. Someone has to loose and I like to loose so I can use it to get better even though I fucking hate to loose. Im asking because if DVS didn't have time to prep while NUC did then that is a huge issue.
We found out at 10 est the night before.

On a side note show matches are far from real matches. These are designed to get people excited for comp and start to build anticipation for when MLG does officially begin. Once league play begins the outcome of show matches, scrims, practices and anything that isn't an official match can just be chalked up to practice.

Last edited by zoidbergenstein; 2013-06-09 at 05:28 PM.
Old 2013-06-10, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by zoidbergenstein View Post
We found out at 10 est the night before.

On a side note show matches are far from real matches. These are designed to get people excited for comp and start to build anticipation for when MLG does officially begin. Once league play begins the outcome of show matches, scrims, practices and anything that isn't an official match can just be chalked up to practice.
(sorry for being late, I forgot about posting the question)

This is MLG and MLG is getting paid to do a job of showing gaming as a sport. If they are promoting a game and are getting paid to do it then they should be doing it as best they can. I was raised to not take a paying job lightly. One phrase was drilled into me about getting paid to do a job.

"It doesn't matter if you're getting paid 50cents or $50. You do the damn job and do it right."

Last I was told DVS got word at about 1am of the same day. You said NUC was told at 10pm. NUC had time to get word out before a lot of people went to bed and had time to sleep on plans made. DVS already had a lot it's people asleep at 1am EST to get ready for work that Friday. I don't know anyone that takes the time to read forum posts before going to work either so the earliest a good chunk of DVS would have seen our notice was during lunch time.

MLG failed this time. They should have pushed back the event a few hours or a maybe day so that those that work had time to get ready. 3:15pm EST is hardly a good time for the working man to be at home if he wants to keep his job.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion