Is this game going to stay lame forever? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I thought you pulled the pin?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-16, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rolfski
Major

Re: Is this game going to stay lame forever?

Don't even try to respond seriously. OP is obviously a troll.
Old 2013-06-16, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
MrMak
Sergeant Major

O right...you are that guy who claimed he quit becouse the MCG isnt underslung.....yeah.....dont realy see why anyone would treat anything you write seriously after that.
Old 2013-06-16, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Levente
First Sergeant

are you going to be lame forever op? gtfo
Old 2013-06-16, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Can i ask a serious question?
Why do so many people feel the need to vent about what ails them in game then loudly and publically declare they quit?
Why not just say what you think is wrong with the game and leave it?

Old 2013-06-16, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Mordelicius
Major

@OP

The difference between PS2 beta and PS2 Launch is night and day. The difference between PS2 Launch and PS2 now is night and day. I think it's not fair you're using '6 months ago' as a template. I didn't even bother with beta because it was damned incomplete there was literally no gameplay whatsover.

They are doing a lot of gameplay fixes. The next GU entails this:

- Fixing (nerfing) the broken and abused Infrared Nightvision scope.
- Curtailing the abundance of force-multiplier units.
- Many other balancing patches.
- Those are theweapon/vehicles fixes. They haven't even mentioned the other fixes.

Last couple of GUs:
- They did another design pass on the Tower.
- Added the lattice system
- Reduced ninja by disallowing backcapping while the next base is still being contested (I love large enemy drops and they realize the points won't turn because their next base is getting taken )
- Addend new vehicle type: Harasser
- Lots of UI improvements on interface and maps
- New Empire specific MAX unit abilities
Those are just on top of my head.

Lastly, I'm wondering if you're in a really bad server or your server is a victim of the recomendation system shunting the majority of new players to underpopulated ones.

Waterson is going crazy again. Yesterday we had a big fight on Ti Alloys. The other day it was a crazy back and forth massacre on Indar Excavation (oh my). Several days ago, there was a huge cliffhanger Indar Alert (Capture 3 Amp Stations) which us NC manage to win by the skin of the teeth!! We were literally going back and forth Dahaka and Zurvan holding off two pronged Vanu and TR onslaught.

And NC literally won while we're losing the station and charging the A point on Dahaka. The awfully clueless TR didn't even know the NC had it in the bag since the timer is bugged. Some of the NC leadership were reassuring us we already have it in the bag and we are several seconds ahead. We left Zurvan to the Vanu because there's no time left for it to flip and we're desperately rushing A of Dahaka just to be sure . When the alert ended, we still have Zurvan and Dahaka and the TR exploded in tears, lost hold of A and continued to siege the station for another insane round.
Old 2013-06-16, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
/sarcasm Lots of constructive feedback here, I can see... not directed at OP /sarcasm

Anyways, agreed about the no cover inside bases to have some nice indoor battles. I did hear Higby mention they were going to make some changes to ESF air-to-ground (make it harder for them) though. So, with that and the v-shields keeping ground vehicles outside of these open bases, we might be able to have some nice infantry only battles. They do happen right now, but only if the v-shields are kept up and the ESF kept out or aren't being used for whatever reason.
Not only are they changing the A2A and A2G which we've been asking for awhile now, such in this thread: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...t=52910&page=4

Originally Posted by Mordelicius @http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=52910&page=4
Voted no.

Air units are still overpowered on account of a combination of 3 things:

Kills everything easily + Requires few resources + Accessible to everyone.

If they can make Air unit specializations:

- A2A - High flight ceilling, fast speed/acceleration, more health, less armor, very weak against ground units (including turrets), strong against air units
- A2G - Low flight ceiling, slow speed/acceleration, less health, more armor, strong against ground units, very weak against air units

As it is Air units are an all-killing machine. If you include its very high ambush rating, they are even more deadlier. Lastly, since the spotting nerf, they are even harder to spot moving at quick velocity.
They are also introducing Dome shields on bases. Aircrafts can on fire if they go under the transparent dome as they've shown on an FNO episode (Can't exactly remember where or when). In addition, they also shown new small bases where vehicle are precluded from entering or have any good impact on the fight. They look like an infantry only area with even a Sunderer "pit stop" where you can park defender Sunderer.
Old 2013-06-16, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Hopefully SOE learn something from the crying over these patch notes, don't release incomplete patch notes. For all we know the other fixes we are demanding in conjunction with the ones listed are coming.

Personally I think the last few GU's have been excellent and it appears to be more of the same. I see the changes to vehicle cost and locking them out of bases a pre-cursor to buffing them against infantry. Also if you have to stagger the changes, better to nerf the vehicles > change infantry > buff vehicles. If you buff the vehicles first the game would implode.
Old 2013-06-16, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Seeing as no one has mentioned anything about your stuff yet homer...

Your stuff, can i have it?

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2013-06-16, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
camycamera
Major

the only things i am going to say are that the skybox needs to be higher for aircraft, and that base design/ spawn base design needs an overhaul.
Old 2013-06-16, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Palerion
Sergeant Major

On a sidenote, since we are on the subject of patches and all the fixes they make, do they optimize on every patch? Because my FPS goes down every patch, and with the machine I'm running I ought to be going at least between 50 and 60 on high at all times. I'm not.
Old 2013-06-17, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Sadly, I can agree with a good majority of this post.

Planetside 1 did so many things right. I don't know how they managed to stray so far from something so good.

Personally, I'm not going to be impressed with the game until they fix the spawning issues and create some GOOD interiors/tunnels for infantry to have SOME mobility on the battlefield, and until they finally connect the (4) continents together with sanctuaries so the game can actually have some PROGRESS to it.

Last edited by Tom Peters; 2013-06-17 at 02:12 AM.
Old 2013-06-17, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
Seeing as no one has mentioned anything about your stuff yet homer...

Your stuff, can i have it?
He doesnt have any stuff. He declared he is quiting and not coming back untill the MCG is underslung a long time ago remember?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion