General question - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I love the smell of plasma grenades in the morning.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-20, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

General question

What do you players do to keep up the urge to play the game?

What i mean by this is;

I got some rank and gear on all 3 factions (br90 VS, br45 TR, br20 NC.. NC lowest cause Vanguard is the only thing i like on their spawnlist), and with that, quite a few hours of experience in game,, i'm now struggling to find anything fun to do in game, and because of this (and the awesomeness of DayZ SA), it's been a while since i've played it.

I find most of the fights boring due the domination thing; it's just whole faction camping few defenders here and there trying to conquer the continent, or just a straggler going for easy points somewhere... no actual fights anywhere except the few bases at Indarside... that gets boring soo fast.

So, what do you do to keep it interesting?
Old 2014-02-20, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Crator
Major General

Re: General question

I've become quite disinterested as of late. Been playing other games actually.
Old 2014-02-20, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I've become quite disinterested as of late. Been playing other games actually.
Well, same here.. hence the question.
Old 2014-02-20, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
OCNSethy
Major

Im struggling too... RL stuff keeps getting in the way of gaming in general. Its becoming a hassle to log in for certs.

Not even the recent updates is exciting me....

Hoping to play tonight but wont get sad if I cant.

Last edited by OCNSethy; 2014-02-20 at 07:56 PM.
Old 2014-02-21, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

The fact that PS2 is free, easy to get into, purely PVP so theres a ton of socializing with meeting new people, and the fact it's free.

For the most part I bounce around between PS2, COH2, and SWTOR, waiting for EQNext and Warthunder GroundForces.
Old 2014-02-21, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Well, I'm not a gamer anyway and it is only recently that I've become addicted to PS2. And it is that addiction that is keeping me going... That and my love for sniping. I am really enjoying that aspect of the game at the moment, to the point of neglecting my Outfit duties. But that, in itself, is a reason to keep on playing. I do enjoy being part of a team too...

I also don't manage to play every day. This week has been a bad one (or good, if you like) because I haven't played since the early hours of last Sunday morning. So Friday is here and I'm itching to get back to Auraxis, especially to see the revamped Amerish.

If I ever get bored of this game I'll probably get back to more real life hobbies. In fact, as the nicer weather kicks in I will probably only play the odd weekday evenings. I'm a biker, albeit a fair weather one nowadays, so I imagine I'll be out and about on that more in the summer.

So, next winter is going to be a test for me... Will I return to PS2 with the same level of interest and addiction? Only time will tell
Old 2014-02-21, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Cert cap, 10k certs, screenshot it. Do you dare?
Old 2014-02-21, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
Cert cap, 10k certs, screenshot it. Do you dare?
Give me some. I never have enough certs. Though I played only 450 hours in a year.
Old 2014-02-21, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Gotta remember also, philosophically speaking there is no such thing as the one-game-to-rule-them-all.

Any and every game has there limitations and will burn you out depending on the games attempt to keep you interested (IE devs adding stuff), Technologicle limitations compared to newer games on the marker (IE Player housing, Your ability to shape impact the land with something as simple as digging a trench - Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars can do it, why can't PS2?) or your own perception of the game becoming less and less because you've over indulged to much.

Play your games in portions, don't be afraid to play other games - Your not cheating on PS2 just because you enjoy DayZ, PS2 will always be there, it's F2P. You owe your loyalty to no one game company.

Indulge in other games and give your psyche a rest from PS2 for a few weeks, when you return - and you will, there's bound to be something new to fascinate you.

Personally PS2 is just a fun party game, It's F2P and runs decently well on most computers ever sense optimization so all my friends can get into it easy, With my friends it's a great experience! But I always have other games for different impulses - RTS, Legit MMO, so on etc.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-02-21 at 05:58 AM.
Old 2014-02-21, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lykin
Private

For me right now is the drive to get better at the class I love. When it comes to twitch reactions I suck big time, but I have found a love for sniping. I don't get alot of XP but I'm having fun doing what I try to do.

Right now I'm leveling both a TR and a VS sniper, a little more VS right now though.
The desire to get more certs is still going strong with me and yes I'm subbed as well.
Old 2014-02-21, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Its mainly fighting at 3am that keeps me going as you get some very close fun fights with competent people. Playing as a NC woodman during our prime ours we have a LOT of idiots who don't go to alerts or zerg empty bases while the VS split up to take everything and just slaughter us (while the TR avoid the VS and attack us)

At night though theres hardly ever a zerg for 1 side or the other just fun fights, hell the other night it was about 40% for us and the VS during an alert and we had some great fights... oddly enough against the 20% TR! the VS just rolled over and died a lot but the 20% TR put up some great fights harassing us constantly, was incredibly fun.

However during prime hours I must admit I find it hard to play.. I logged on today for example saw an alert where VS had 50% pop again and just logged off... its hard enough to fight a zerg let alone when the zerg is all in 1 outfit so very organised and our side is made up of the people you see on the forum saying *how dare you suggest I work as a team! I'm rambo and I'll report you if you tell me to work as part of a team!*
Old 2014-02-21, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
Give me some. I never have enough certs. Though I played only 450 hours in a year.
Probably because you have something I lack.

Namely a life. :P
Old 2014-02-21, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
Probably because you have something I lack.

Namely a life. :P
Come on dude, you are making me feel bad for something I don't have.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2014-02-23, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Lykin View Post
For me right now is the drive to get better at the class I love. When it comes to twitch reactions I suck big time, but I have found a love for sniping.
Yeah... It's great innit
Old 2014-02-23, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
almalino
First Sergeant

For me it is just a weekend gaming session. I do not play during the week so I have time to start missing the game

I cannot imagine playing it every day.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion