NC Snipers - Do Not Buy the Railjack - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cheaper then a babysitter
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-28, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

NC Snipers - Do Not Buy the Railjack

They just nerfed it. It is now identical to the Longshot in bullet drop.

From an outfit member:

NOTE: The RailJack was nerfed further literally within 24 hours of release. I no longer recommend using this weapon over the Longshot due to the now 4/40 ammo (down from 10/60) and confirmed proof that the bullet drop was increased to be equivalent to the Longshot despite the faster velocity (i.e. they ninja'd the value of gravity on bullets from this particular weapon)
Old 2014-02-28, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Re: NC Snipers - Do Not Buy the Railjack

Well the 10/60 was always a bug. It was always 4/40 on test and the bullet velocity is just as 'lol' as it was before that nerf. The thing I see people crying about is the shot delay between pushing the trigger and the actual shot. But it's not as if you aren't leading your target anyways. Just as with all the complaining about the TR's TRAP I think it's an honest case of L2P. I mean that in the most sincere, unbiased and polite way.
Old 2014-02-28, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Chewy
Major

Can we have this proof? I didn't play today and don't have the certs anyway for the weapon. But when I tested it yesterday the drop only went as far as the first milldot on a 12X scope at 300m. Never used a Longshot so I can't say what its drop is. How much drop does it have now?
Old 2014-03-01, 01:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
almalino
First Sergeant

Just tried the drop and on 200 meters the drop is about 1 meter vertical. 300 meters drop is , IMHO, about 1.5 - 2 meters vertical.

So, in 300 meters if you aim to the head you will hit the ground under the enemy. About that much.

I bought the rifle and I feel it is bit easier to hit moving targets now and it looks cool. And the trigger pause is annoying

Last edited by almalino; 2014-03-01 at 01:01 AM.
Old 2014-03-01, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

As far as I'm concerned, the bullet drop was the same as the Longshot before the nerf and is the same after the nerf. I'm still using mine and I was getting bored with the Longshot anyway. I finding that I am not suffering, in terms of accuracy and kills by using the Railjack.
Old 2014-03-01, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

So you dont have to lead as much, but you need to adjust for bulletdrop all the same. Okay, theres no point in using it unless you just want to spend some money or like the aesthetic.

SoE needs to show some balls with weapon design. The railjack should be OSK for the head and chest, do crossbow-level damage to vehicles, with a one-shot clip capacity and a three-second reload with hitscan velocity.

And suddenly you have a gun with an actual role. Are you going to be mowing down infantry with it? Not with a three second reload time.

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2014-03-01 at 04:59 PM.
Old 2014-03-01, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

My RL deer rifle drops ~ 5 inches at 250 yards.
At that range it will shoot with in a 3' circle.

It was maufactured 30 years ago.
I could specnd $1500 and get a much more impressive gun.

The guns in this game are a funny joke.
Old 2014-03-01, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

It has greater velocity and damage... Regardless of this petty "delay" Why wouldn't you switch from long-shot to Railjack? it's very clearly a upgrade. The bullet drop nerf isn't even noticeable unless you have a suppressor equipped... to which I wonder why are you equipping a Silencer on a long-range weapon? Maybe close-medium but not long-range.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-03-01 at 07:39 PM.
Old 2014-03-01, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Chewy
Major

Just tested the Railjack in the VR and it has the same drop as last time. First mill-dot is all it drops with a 12X scope at 300m.

I see no drop nerf at all.

Edit-
It is just under the first mil-dot. Damn thing is being pesky to land head shots at 300m. Maybe the bullet size is smaller? Can't tell.

Last edited by Chewy; 2014-03-01 at 09:09 PM.
Old 2014-03-02, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
My RL deer rifle drops ~ 5 inches at 250 yards.
At that range it will shoot with in a 3' circle.

It was maufactured 30 years ago.
I could specnd $1500 and get a much more impressive gun.

The guns in this game are a funny joke.
^this.
Old 2014-03-03, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Just tested the Railjack in the VR and it has the same drop as last time. First mill-dot is all it drops with a 12X scope at 300m.

I see no drop nerf at all.
I agree with this.

I generally sit the bottom of the mill-dot on the top of the target's head (before and after nerf). And I do the same with the Longshot.

Having used it a bit longer, though, I'm finding I have to be a lot more choosey with my targets, expecially at close range. And most of my long range shots are enemy snipers, HA using rocket launchers and Engineers setting up/using their turrets. I am missing a lot of targets that are quickly bobbing their heads above the parapet compared to what I did with the Longshot. With the right scope on, the Longshot was quite a good close range rifle too.

I think I am going to stick with the Railjack, but also use my SPS-R for sub-100 metre work.
Old 2014-03-03, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
almalino
First Sergeant

I am starting to hate the trigger delay. I mean this sniper rifle behaves differently from other regarding the trigger and this is bad. I need to readjust all the time between sniper rifles.
Old 2014-03-03, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Phreec
Corporal

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
I am starting to hate the trigger delay. I mean this sniper rifle behaves differently from other regarding the trigger and this is bad. I need to readjust all the time between sniper rifles.
Yeah it's not worth screwing up your previously acquired aiming skill for this shitty gun. It offers no greater reward than EM4 Longshot, which is better than the Failjack at all ranges.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion