Why did they make it call of planetside =( - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You'd think the MCG would overheat...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-01, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Re: Why did they make it call of planetside =(

From what I hear though resource revamp is just going to make 1 universal resource pool so surely that would make it worse as people who lock conts could just spam EVERYTHING easily.

Even if they are going to change it soon till they do they should just remove the resource bonus and make it all a exp boost or something, its not good giving a strength boost to the side thats winning already.
Old 2014-07-02, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
STOMPIE
Private

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
No actually it wasn't completely invalid I already proved my point with the link showing that kill streaks giving you a bonus which gets you more kills IS a thing in COD just like how locking a cont gives you a boost in the ability to buy MAXs, vehicles and aircraft which nets you more kills.

I've simply decided a title which mentions the issue directly is more likely to get a proper discussion going along with ideas to fix it.

Or are you really going to try and deny absolute proof? In fact please do, if you want I can even link a video of somebody getting a kill streak then receiving a bonus which helps them get more kills so you can try to deny thats real as well.
I tire of your rediculouse banter...i have far more interesting things to do than try and debate an issue you clearly know nothing about (even if you think you have Youtube and WIKI evidence). Judging from your other posts, you tend to suffer from ranting.
Old 2014-07-02, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by STOMPIE View Post
I tire of your rediculouse banter...i have far more interesting things to do than try and debate an issue you clearly know nothing about (even if you think you have Youtube and WIKI evidence). Judging from your other posts, you tend to suffer from ranting.
Uhm dude.

You score points in COD, i.e. you are effective at killing, then you get rewards. The stronger rewards are for when you score more points, i.e. kill more and these awards allow you to become more dominant (radar jamming, gunships overhead, missile strike, etc).

He's right in that sense.

However, his comparison falls a bit flat, because being assigned gear in PS2 works a bit different (empire based, rather than personal based. The analogy however, intends to state that the winning empire gets a bonus and thus can become more dominant, is true.

If you compare it to Mario Kart, then you'll notice that the weakest player gets the strongest bonus. In games like CoD, winning is rewarded instead.

Last edited by Figment; 2014-07-02 at 05:25 AM.
Old 2014-07-02, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by STOMPIE View Post
Reported for trolling.
Old 2014-07-02, 05:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Uhm dude.

You score points in COD, i.e. you are effective at killing, then you get rewards. The stronger rewards are for when you score more points, i.e. kill more.

He's right.
Just report him, hes just trolling the thread, hell that last post he basically said "I don't care if you have 100% proof you are right I say your wrong so you are". Throw in the random insults and its obvious he just wants to troll and derail the thread.
Old 2014-07-02, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

Come on guys, behave already. I've gotten far too many reports on this thread which indicates to me it's more than run its course.

Let's just try to get along.. I know it's hard. :P

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2014-07-02, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Well I have asked for it to be deleted as I made another thread to discuss the cont locking system which has a better title for making people aware of what it is.
Old 2014-07-02, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Hamma
PSU Admin

I don't delete threads, but I will lock it.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion