Check your Inbox! - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Prep'ed for glory.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-20, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #136
Papscal
Staff Sergeant

Re: Check your Inbox!

Originally Posted by BudBrain View Post
You can't help but laugh at the people stressing over this.

It's 8am on the 20th in their time-zone, they're probably still at home eating their breakfast.
Well, players have been starved for years when it comes to a quality mmo with a persistent on going world. Probably not as much stressed as we are just plain excited.
Old 2012-08-20, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #137
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by BudBrain View Post
You can't help but laugh at the people stressing over this.

It's 8am on the 20th in their time-zone, they're probably still at home eating their breakfast.
This! I reside in this time zone, I just got to work myself. So chill, let them get their first cup of coffee already!
Old 2012-08-20, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #138
surrealbeingx
Private

Originally Posted by Lord Paladin View Post
I'm a vet and I haven't received an e-mail yet, but it's letting me download (thank God I don't have to look at that "we've received your beta info" page again :P) now I just have to get home from work to download onto my PC!

I uninstalled BF3 and defragged last night in preparation.
Lol, I will probably be uninstalling BF3 too! Need more space on the SSD...

Heres to all us Vets hopefully getting in today.
Old 2012-08-20, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #139
Heaven
Master Sergeant

All I have received in an email today was...

Thank you for signing up for the PlanetSide 2 Beta game testing. Beta testing is a very important part of each and every game launch. As with any Beta, the more participants the better, and with the size and scope of PlanetSide 2, this aspect will be even more important. Thank you for your offer to help us make PlanetSide 2 amazing.

When we are ready to begin allowing people into the PlanetSide 2 Beta, if you are selected by SOE to participate, an acceptance email will be sent to this email address, and you will be asked to read and accept a Beta Testing Agreement. If your email address changes, be sure to update your Station Account with your new address to ensure that you receive any future emails about the Beta testing.

Should you be selected and choose to participate in the Beta testing, everything associated with this game testing will be considered confidential information, and you may not discuss it with anyone except other players through the PlanetSide 2 Beta game testing forum only.

Thanks,

The Planetside 2 Development Team
Old 2012-08-20, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #140
JoCool
Corporal

Originally Posted by Papscal View Post
The mail change should not be a problem. Once your account is flagged for an invite you should be able to download it even if ya dont get the mail. Just make sure your account is active.
Could you elaborate what you mean by "active" account please?

I can log in at SOE and have applied to the PS 2 beta. I had no subscription for PS1 in years, but I had some.

Under Gamepass I find different statuses Planetside: Pending, actual game pass plan 45 days (whatever that means). Everquest II: active (I never played this). Under Planetside 2: both inactive.

When I log in after the DL button on Planetside2.com/download I get the "You have already applied to PS2 beta and filled out the questionnaire"

Last edited by JoCool; 2012-08-20 at 10:26 AM.
Old 2012-08-20, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #141
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

i dont ever remember getting an email like that, sad thing is I know soon as i lay down and go to sleep there gonna turn my account on and i could be using that time to download the files (while i sleep that is) but nooo they gotta wait till am asleep to flip it on.

or worse there doing so many per hour and mine wont be ready till after i leave for work! id be vary upset because thats 11hrs from now.

Last edited by Bruttal; 2012-08-20 at 10:28 AM.
Old 2012-08-20, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #142
surrealbeingx
Private

Originally Posted by JoCool View Post
Could you elaborate what you mean by "active" account please?

I can log in at SOE and have applied to the PS 2 beta. I had no subscription for PS1 in years, but I had some.

Under Gamepass I find different statuses Planetside: Pending, actual game pass plan 45 days (whatever that means). Everquest II: active (I never played this). Under Planetside 2: both inactive.

When I log in after the DL button on Planetside2.com/download I get the "You have already applied to PS2 beta and filled out the questionnaire"
you should get access today if you had a previous PS1 subscription with the same SOE account you signed up for beta with. Once you get access, that download now area will actually let you download the game.
Old 2012-08-20, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #143
andehh
Corporal

Nothing here... EU VET, with beta key added for good measure, account says active - from twitter beta key though, but nothing else yet...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 2012-08-20, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #144
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I'm sure once they start officially going out we will hear a tweet of some sort. I wouldn't expect invites to go out so early in the morning Pacific time.
Except, Hammykins, inactive vets have already been allowed in during the morning.
Old 2012-08-20, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #145
Vas
Private

'Cmon, now! I won't get home 'till Wednesday! D:
Old 2012-08-20, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #146
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Guys its the morning still and they can't hit enter to send out thousands of emails instantly. Just be patient...
Old 2012-08-20, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #147
Wumpus
Private

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Guys its the morning still and they can't hit enter to send out thousands of emails instantly. Just be patient...
Welcome to 2012 - they actually can send thousands of emails instantly.
Old 2012-08-20, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #148
Roadhouseman
Private

Aha!

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/237576792251191296
Old 2012-08-20, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #149
BudBrain
Private

w00t
Old 2012-08-20, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #150
Papscal
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Roadhouseman View Post
Pass the Lord and praise the ammunition !
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion