Tech Test starting at 6pm, Invites going out now! - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of the Hammaboo
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-14, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
stoof
Private

Re: Tech Test starting at 6pm, Invites going out now!

I find it kind of fishy that the only proof that we've had of people getting into the tech test were them claiming it. Even on anonymous websites like 4chan nobody has come up with proof that they have gotten into the tech test. Surely SOMEONE would talk. Even if it is against the NDA.

Last edited by stoof; 2012-07-14 at 10:59 PM.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Nothing fishy is going on. No reason for SOE to be lying about this.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Kevin D Lee
Private

Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
I think everyone is just frustrated that they keep telling us that it's going to be "soon" and yet we've all been waiting for a long time and will have to continue to do more waiting.
I'm frustrated because at E3 they were acting as though Beta was weeks away. Beta where nearly all would be in who had a key. If they had not hyped the Beta starting at E3 I wouldn't be as upset as I am right now not being in any form of Beta they are running tech test or not.

Excitement can quickly turn into frustration when made to wait so long for something that was expected to have come sooner.

I'm willing to bet nearly all the people showing annoyance have the same thought in their head as I do.

Last edited by Kevin D Lee; 2012-07-14 at 11:05 PM.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
stoof
Private

Originally Posted by Kevin D Lee View Post
I'm frustrated because at E3 they were acting as though Beta was weeks away. Beta where nearly all would be in who had a key. If they had not hyped the Beta starting at E3 I wouldn't be as upset as I am right now not being in any form of Beta they are running tech test or not.

Excitement can quickly turn into frustration when made to wait so long for something that was expected to have come sooner.
I agree. Dev transparency is definitely the way to go, not over-hyping it. It has been a pretty frustrating wait for beta.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by stoof View Post
I find it kind of fishy that the only proof that we've had of people getting into the tech test were them claiming it. Even on anonymous websites like 4chan nobody has come up with proof that they have gotten into the tech test. Surely SOMEONE would talk. Even if it is against the NDA.
It may be an indication of how few players are currently in the tech test. They haven't even invited all tech testers in yet, and the total pool is supposed to be relatively small.

It may just be that nobody who would break NDA has gotten in quite yet.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by goneglockin View Post
It's probably just for specific people they wanted to invite at this point. I have an overclocked i5 paired with a 7970 and SSD. This thing is a beast. If you've ever looked at Steam survey, something like 70% of PCs have 4-6 year old hardware that was mid-range when it was brand new. So if I didn't get one, and you didn't get one, then not many people got one.
Actually I think you have it all wrong. You likely didn't get in BECAUSE of your top end system. Think about it. This game was BUILT on new hardware and tested on new hardware. The tech test is likely for optimizing older hardware( and tweakS with servers/latency of course), as the devs have said its a priority for this game to run on 4-5 year old machines. This would require externally inviting players with oddball or older hardware, not a guy running the same specs they've been using for months.

Grats on the specs tho
Old 2012-07-14, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
Kevin D Lee
Private

Originally Posted by stoof View Post
I agree. Dev transparency is definitely the way to go, not over-hyping it. It has been a pretty frustrating wait for beta.
They did it to build up the hype meter, however I feel the honest answer of "Beta will be here within a month or two" would have built up the same hype BUT with giving people a proper time-frame... thus avoiding the current mess that there is.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
Actually I think you have it all wrong. You likely didn't get in BECAUSE of your top end system. Think about it. This game was BUILT on new hardware and tested on new hardware. The tech test is likely for optimizing older hardware( and tweakS with servers/latency of course), as the devs have said its a priority for this game to run on 4-5 year old machines. This would require externally inviting players with oddball or older hardware, not a guy running the same specs they've been using for months.

Grats on the specs tho
Exactly. Another reason why they wouldn't have prioritized PS1 vets and PCGamer beta keys. They need a spread of systems first and foremost.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
The Loverator
Corporal

Wink Re: Tech Test starting at 6pm, Invites going out now!

Originally Posted by helioN View Post
eu players got screwed over wtf

The same Procedure as every Beta, James ... ... ... l~awl. xD

greetings, LV.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
Kevin D Lee
Private

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post

Grats on the specs tho
I've thought of that as well, I actually did the survey differently on my two Beta accounts... lied but meh. Neither of them have access yet.

I do understand their need to ensure shitty systems can run the game smoothly on lower settings.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
Kran De Loy
Captain

Yeah, Tech stuff is for testing Hardware I think. I don't know if players are expected to actually do anything for the Tech Test more than just log in and shoot someone/thing or report the crash bug error.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
Jinxsey
Corporal

In the same way my nephiew learned that throwing a tantrum does not make christmas happen sooner, waxing lyrical about the 'travesty of justice' you personaly have experienced by the devs not personaly recognising what a golden adonis of gaming you are and denying your rightful beta throne... does not make beta come sooner either.

Chill out, kick back and be thankful its coming -at all-.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
eybro
Private

Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
Most of the people that are uber complaining are people that have no intention of "testing" the game and just want to play it.
I think we need to re-examine what we have been told by SOE about the beta in order to understand why people are "uber complaining":

1. At E3 IIRC the exe producer said beta was two weeks away, it was said they they would have a break after E3 and then rollout beta. E3 ended on June 7th.

2. Then the whole twitter (and FB) key giveaway fiasco happened with people spamming #planetside2 for days trying to get keys.. as someone who tried and gave up (even made fan art lol) it was annoying to say the least.

3. Then Higby said on AGN that he would get a haircut when beta started.

4. Then we were told by I think Smedly on twitter soon after E3 that it would be within a month.

5. Then there where a few more SOON™s metioned by various devs.

6. Then we were told the "short" tech test had begun and the beta would follow soon after.

7. Weeks later Higby announced he was getting a haircut on thursday sending people into a omgfrenzy.

8. Thursday came and went with no beta rollout and a pre-mature haircut.

9. The community event happened and a video was posted on youtube where some guy said there were 100,000 PS1 vets most of which will not understand why they won't get into beta straight away, basically admitting that they will have to deal with the beta overhype.

10. Now we are back to waiting "1-2 weeks" for a tech test where only a relatively small number of US only testers with shitty computers are playing what sounds like a terribly bugged early beta version of the game.

^that is only what I can recollect atm.. I think it is fair to say that it could have been handled better and its actually quite easy to see why people are "uber complaining".
Old 2012-07-14, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
Reizod
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by KTNApollo View Post
The sense of entitlement on these forums is way too high. A lot of you guys need to take a breather and step back.
^^^ This

RELAX people!!! Stop worrying so much... your time will come. Let them do their job and get the game done, geez!
Old 2012-07-14, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #150
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

It is how it is ,like it or not
Then we have to wait til SOON:! XD
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion