The Return of BFRs??? - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where shaved pubes are in!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-12, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #136
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Re: The Return of BFRs???

Oh the hypocracy and fear of BFR's, PS1 vets rail about how PS1 was perfect and supirior yet they cringe at how broken and OP BFR's were in PS1.......I guess PS1 was not as "perfect" as some PS1 vets lead people to believe.

It's been 10 years and this is a new game, you don't think a balanced and crewed BFR can be made? Rediculous.....
Old 2013-04-12, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #137
moosepoop
Captain

post nerf bfrs were fine. i played from 07-09 and never found a problem with bfrs.

bfrs should get three gunners and one pilot: two for each arm, one for the back turret.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-04-12 at 08:44 AM.
Old 2013-04-12, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #138
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Another concept..
Old 2013-04-12, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #139
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Aye, I never encountered any issues with the BFRs when I got to grips with them. But I came back later into the game (left before Core Combat).

At any rate there is no debate to be had as far as PS2 is concerned. Nothing of the sort has been announced, and if/when it is, we'll know exactly what it will be then and there.

That'll be the opportunity to make sure there is no repeat of PS1 if that's what concerns people here. I fear its purely irrational however, no matter how right you are on how they broke the game and that the devs shat on the community.

I guess I should consider myself lucky to have missed this unfortunate episode. Nevertheless I look forward to the possible return of BFRs.

Last edited by Dodgy Commando; 2013-04-12 at 09:37 AM.
Old 2013-04-12, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #140
moosepoop
Captain

the biggest problem wasnt the bfrs, the biggest problem were teh CAVES.

the CAVES were the gayest thing i ever seen.
Old 2013-04-12, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #141
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
Another concept..
Well that is just scary.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-04-12 at 10:52 AM.
Old 2013-04-12, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #142
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

......I'm still looking.....where are its genitals ?
Old 2013-04-12, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #143
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
Metal thong covers it.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-04-12, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #144
firestrike
Private

Another concept..
THAT THING look like a reaper maybe we should kill the VS first
Old 2013-04-12, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #145
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
Come'on Chaff we all know the Vanu have no genitals.....
Old 2013-04-12, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

Come'on Chaff we all know the Vanu have no genitals.....

And according to Planetside1 propaganda no mouths either!
Old 2013-04-12, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by PurpleOtter View Post
And according to Planetside1 propaganda no mouths either!
>That feel when you have no mouth yet you must scream...
Old 2013-05-13, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #148
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Roy Awesome View Post
SOE trolling again!

They just need to hint at BFRs and people go crazy
Well it is the appropriate behavior for large overgrown robots potentially rampaging through the streets. It's the Godzilla affect!

Maybe that is why they always like to say they were WAI!!

And to quote myself! (reminded me of a song. But I think it is respect yourself! Close enough! Wait! it's Express yourself. I knew it didn't violate the premise of analogising masturbation! Stroking the old Ego and all!)

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=25289

OOOHH i seee. Thatd be kinda cool.

I had an idea for these once:

TR:

a HUGE Air transport with two huge underside dual ground pounding cannon pods (250 mm with like 4-6 seconds between shots), two front side forward 310-120 degree machine guns (40mm rapid fire), two top side mid wing upward facing ones or something (25mm) and one normal back on like on the gal(but 50mm)(these would all be dual barreled and fire simultaneously, and move around like a slow WW2 pod). It would be like 2.5-5 times the gal size hold up to 4 vehicles(up to prowler size) 6 troops and 4 maxs(minus gunners and pilot). It looks just like a gal besides all hte gun turrets(theyre all like the superfortress underside pods but futuristic looking) and it has delta wings instead. There could only be two per continent (maybe more)and it cant leave through the warpgates because of its size. (i came up these before i started playing but.. and before they split auraxis as youll se in the nc one! *)

NC:

One hover craft that looked just like the massive ones that cross the english channel. It would hold two vangaurd sized vehicles and two buggy sized additionally or up to 4 buggy sized with no AMS allowed in any spot, 4 mounted machine guns all around the top surface like form GIJoe and 3 flac cannons in a triangle in the middle of the MC guns. They would be real WW2 flac though and we be set to explode on altitude and would have no auto explosion(You could change the altitude on them like you so secondary or like on an ACE device) All of these weapons would be single barrel and mounted on a 360 degree mount that can pretty much fire in any direction and shoot anything as long as the vehicle itself isnt blocking their aim. It would also hold like 8 troops and 2 maxs. There could be 6 Per cont and they could cross oceans and dont need warpgates to travel.(the pre meteor thing 8\)

VS:

too long to describe. Its and awsome looking 8 max transport with beyond futuristic weapon pods! And its nothing but a max transport excepth the two gunners and the pilot. And you could have like 8 or more(maybe unlimited but at a huge cost of like 7-10certs.) (The other vehicles would be extremely expensive too)
I also had an idea for roaming invisible bubbles that could transport troops. Either between space on a cont across cont or cross dimension(have to be implemented) or across servers! Permanent or temporarily.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2013-05-13 at 02:19 AM.
Old 2013-05-13, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #149
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Still would love to see mech-like units and still have no idea why a lot of people assume because they initially didn't work well in ps1 it means they never, ever will work in any game, and then they just start freaking out like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - I WILL QUIT". I mean wtf lol.

This game has barely any science fiction material in it, currently it could be set in the Call of Duty or James Bond universe and nobody would notice. And i haven't seen any new items or units on the horizon that would change that. On the contrary, i heard they are now really going to implement crossbows? I mean, like...seriously?
Ffffs...war in the year 2700 ladies and gentlemen: Beach buggies and crossbows. With neon glow.
Old 2013-05-13, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #150
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
Still would love to see mech-like units and still have no idea why a lot of people assume because they initially didn't work well in ps1 it means they never, ever will work in any game, and then they just start freaking out like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - I WILL QUIT". I mean wtf lol.

This game has barely any science fiction material in it, currently it could be set in the Call of Duty or James Bond universe and nobody would notice. And i haven't seen any new items or units on the horizon that would change that. On the contrary, i heard they are now really going to implement crossbows? I mean, like...seriously?
Ffffs...war in the year 2700 ladies and gentlemen: Beach buggies and crossbows. With neon glow.
It's just a deal breaker plain and simple for me, plenty of other things out there that they can add so you can have your sci-fi dry hump.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion