ProSiebenSat.1 - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm on to you Trebeck!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-16, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #136
ArcGuard
Corporal

Re: ProSiebenSat.1

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
So there is no way to use SOE account for EU players even if we plan to play on US servers (and refuse to create Pro7 account)

You better have opt-out option on that transfer or you will have serious legal issues by providing account informations to another company.
So far as it seems, if you live in the EU, you cannot make an SOE account. As for the legal issues. Have you read the full ToS? You may have signed away that right already...
Old 2012-07-16, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #137
maskedskull
Sergeant

With what Radar has said, with pro7 accounts being able to access NA servers I would imagine that it will require pro7 to do everything at the same time as SOE do them (patches, store inclusions, prices etc).
Old 2012-07-16, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #138
ThGlump
Captain

If Pro7 accounts can access US servers, then SOE accounts should be able to access EU servers. Thats would be good. Now only to find a way to keep SOE account so i can use it.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #139
Joe
Corporal

Misc Info

I am sure you can't sign away rights you always have them even if you tick that little terms and conditions box.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #140
Golanthe
Private

Got this on mail a bit ago from SOE:

If at the time of the transition you have a pre-paid, non-recurring EverQuest® II subscription, your subscription will be automatically transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games so you can continue enjoying any remaining play time left on the account. If at the time of transition you have a pre-paid, recurring SOE subscription, your subscription will be transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games; however, the subscription will not renew at the end of the current billing cycle. Once the billing cycle ends, you will be able to re-subscribe through the ProSiebenSat.1 Games service to continue enjoying the benefits of a similar membership.

So my guess is that because no credit data is transferred , the subs need to be restarted.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #141
ArcGuard
Corporal

Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I am sure you can't sign away rights you always have them even if you tick that little terms and conditions box.
Something to the tone of "By agreeing to these terms, you agree to let SOE migrate your accounts and information to any third party company authorized by SOE, etc. etc. blah blah"
Old 2012-07-16, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #142
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
WHY pro7? SOE is far better know the pro7 which noone has heard has heard of bar the people who live in the same country ( already flawed marketing their then )
I think you would need to direct that question at SOE. Asking Pro7 why SOE chose them and not decided to do it themselve is like asking EA why nobody likes EA.
Oh wait, they actually did that. But I hope you catch my drift.

What will Pro7 be in charge of? I'm assuming running the servers, customer service ect. Will they have a say on the cash shop?
I pretty much doubt that SOE will let anybody else have a say in the monetization. That would be a damn foolish thing to do. Outright stupid. I can't imagine any sane company doing that.

As I have heard they are a menace for the old pay to win option.
I really don't know where that is coming from. The games on Sevengames are exactly the same as in other regions, they do not differ as far as I know and was able to check.
Of course there are some games in the portfolio which your could call pay2win, but those are pay2win games by design and did not become those by the super evil magic hand of Pro7.
Especially since the "real" f2p and not pay2win busines model is rather new in f2p games. Before LoL and alike devs only talked about their f2p game not being pay2win, but actually they all were. Choice on "real" f2p games is pretty small. So it's no wonder that the current choice of game on Sevengames isn't the creme-de-la-creme people dreamed it would be.
So at least I really would give them the benefit of the doubt in this particular question.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2012-07-16 at 10:58 AM.
Old 2012-07-16, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #143
infected
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
If Pro7 accounts can access US servers, then SOE accounts should be able to access EU servers. Thats would be good. Now only to find a way to keep SOE account so i can use it.
interesting thought, but then if that's possible, everyone outside the US would lie and say they live in the US and then Pro7 would have no accounts to manage. i wonder if they'll do IP checks to verify your region. how many euros would run permanent vpn to keep their soe accounts? how would ping be affected?
Old 2012-07-16, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #144
unAimed
Private

Originally Posted by infected View Post
interesting thought, but then if that's possible, everyone outside the US would lie and say they live in the US and then Pro7 would have no accounts to manage. i wonder if they'll do IP checks to verify your region. how many euros would run permanent vpn to keep their soe accounts? how would ping be affected?
But I'm just on a vacation in Europe...
Old 2012-07-16, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #145
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by infected View Post
Honestly most of the EU players would not care. They will create account where advertisement told them. Thats why they dont care much about that few here who yell, because majority wont care and probably even dont know its different company.

Vpn to US and then play on EU? That would be insane, ping would be really high. Better to play on US servers when your vpn is already there (unless you really want to play with EU friends)
Old 2012-07-16, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #146
Joe
Corporal

Misc Info

'i only live here part time'
Old 2012-07-16, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #147
ThGlump
Captain

Another interesting question is about cash shop. It was said that Pro7 accounts can access US servers. What about items they bought (if there are some account wide), where they will shop if they want purchase something on US servers and what currency will they use?
Old 2012-07-16, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #148
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

This is so incredibly frustrating. Not that I don't want to play on EU servers, I have no problem with that (except for all the fucking russians who don't know english).

The problem I have here is the bad reputation of Prosieben as well as my account being migrated - AGAINST MY WILL.

This is so bad customer service that it's unbearable. SOE might think they did the right thing by handing the servers to "professionals" but in all honesty they could've invested and done it themselves, or just leased the servers from Prosieben, perhaps hired them, instead of GIVING THEM OUR ACCOUNTS as well as making them in charge of customer service which will undoubtedly be alot worse than what the americans will experience.
Old 2012-07-16, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #149
unAimed
Private

And what about Cheaters/Hackers - I have a feeling Pro7 could want to safe some money by not having any staff commited to these problems and only treat them as an afterthought.

Don't fool yourself - Pro7 is in for 100% profit maximization whereas SOE has an image to lose (better incentive to spend money on QA staff)
Old 2012-07-16, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #150
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by unAimed View Post
And what about Cheaters/Hackers - I have a feeling Pro7 could want to safe some money by not having any staff commited to these problems and only treat them as an afterthought.

Don't fool yourself - Pro7 is in for 100% profit maximization whereas SOE has an image to lose (better incentive to spend money on QA staff)
We can always use people power to make our dissatisfaction known if this is the case, which I hope it isn't. Nothing more rabid than unhappy customers, look at the turn around over region lock we already accomplished

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2012-07-16 at 11:45 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion