It's 2011.. - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: lifes a bitch thats why i married one.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-03-09, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #136
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Re: It's March..

I'm curious about what is going on behind the curtains at SOE. I think we can all agree, that the interpretation of Smedlys message, that PS:N will be released in March, is wrong (his message can be read here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...-2011-2421.htm). Despite him saying "very big launch", which you would think means game release, he must have meant something else. I didn't expect such a fast release anyway, but it does make you wonder why he would say that.

So far there have only been small interviews etc - they haven't 'officially' announced the game yet, or? The screenshots they have shown us so far are more or less just small teasers and this 'service' is of non-binding character - People only assumed that we would get new screenshots every friday.

Maybe they are holding back the other material for when they 'officially' announce the game, so they have something to show. Personally I believe, that the game is in alpha stage at best, months away from an open beta or even a release, but I would'nt mind to be proven wrong. Should the beta or release date be close, I would question their marketing strategy though, as it would be just as bad (or non existant) as the last time. Surely they have learned their mistake?
Old 2011-03-09, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #137
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by I SandRock View Post
I call for a public campaign to bring our need for information to their attention.
You lost me there... I drifted off into thinking we march on SOE headquarters and threaten to burn it to the ground... Or your idea, whatever works...
Old 2011-03-09, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #138
Daala
Private

you dont think...
nahhhhhh
Old 2011-03-09, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #139
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I refuse to be part of any twattering.

Originally Posted by Daala View Post
you dont think...
nahhhhhh
and I don't see a connection between PS:N and Playstation Network, explain?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-03-09, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #140
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Guys..
Old 2011-03-09, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #141
Daala
Private

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187 View Post
I refuse to be part of any twattering.

and I don't see a connection between PS:N and Playstation Network, explain?
playstation/PSN -> sony -> SOE -> planetside? that wasnt so hard was it?

not an attempt at trolling, but have we considered that the Next (pun) iteration might not be on PC?

*edit post-joystiq update:
Update: It's in prep for online storage of PS3 game saves.*

point remains. Keeping hackers out would be a bit easier when you can ban the hardware

Last edited by Daala; 2011-03-09 at 12:00 PM.
Old 2011-03-09, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
Bags
Lieutenant General

not an attempt at trolling, but have we considered that the Next (pun) iteration might not be on PC?

*edit post-kotaku update:
Update: It's in prep for online storage of PS3 game saves.*

point remains. Keeping hackers out would be a bit easier when you can ban the hardware
Why would sony allow SOE to create competition for mag? Did you even think this through?

What's a better business plan:

1 PC mmo
1 Console MMO

vs

2 Console MMo.

on second thought, this is SOE we're talking about...

hrrm

Last edited by Bags; 2011-03-09 at 12:02 PM.
Old 2011-03-09, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
Moneypennie

I will grant that information is a privilege not a right, but so is getting PS:N using that logic. It is not our right to get a new Planetside game. But anyway, I do remember Smed saying that there was going to be a "big announcement" "early" in 2011 and that a "big launch" would happen in march.

Has there even been a big announcement?

I think that all this is is SOE leading us on to a "big launch" to get everyone to resubscribe only to then announce, and then release, new downloaded content for Planetside that will make trees pretty, nerf the lasher yet again, and add spiffy new hats to all in game characters that look like used condoms.

They will also change PS to a "free to play" game in which you must pay .50 every time you access a terminal and for $25 a month you get a special purple VS cow for your farmville account. They will then proceed to make billions of dollars from farmville addicts who sign up just to receive their purple cow. It will make big headlines as surpassing World of Warcraft in revenues, SOE will label Planetside a "success" and Planetside NextER will be announced for a 2013 launch.

I await with anticipation as I clear a space on my farm for my impending purple VS cow. Once received I plan to smile and say "I love big brother!"
Old 2011-03-09, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Lucage View Post
I feel like I have been mis-lead with no annoucements for the beginning of this month so I've cancelled my subscription.

Not bothered about getting into the beta.
You think you are entitled to anything? Are you kidding me? I'm jonesing for more information as much as the next guy, but nobody made any promises about releasing a picture a week or any of that crap.

Whatever, it's your money, you can spend it anyway you want, but thats a petty reason to un-sub.
Old 2011-03-09, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
on second thought, this is SOE we're talking about...

hrrm
Quoted for truth
Old 2011-03-09, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
You think you are entitled to anything? Are you kidding me? I'm jonesing for more information as much as the next guy, but nobody made any promises about releasing a picture a week or any of that crap.

Whatever, it's your money, you can spend it anyway you want, but thats a petty reason to un-sub.
I'm pretty sure most of the recent resubs are due to psn hype. If you get rid of the hype (which sony is doing it seems) there's not much reason for them to stay subbed.
Old 2011-03-09, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
Timantium
Sergeant

Um, yeah. When they said the current players are going to be the first for beta testing. Is SOE going to mail out PS3 consoles for their testers?
Old 2011-03-09, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
Moneypennie

Originally Posted by Timantium View Post
Um, yeah. When they said the current players are going to be the first for beta testing. Is SOE going to mail out PS3 consoles for their testers?
Well since it's been said that Planetside Next will also be on the ps3 console, they will probably allow current subscribers to choose if they want to beta the game on their pc or the ps3 that they currently own. But I will accept any free ps3 that sony sends to me
Old 2011-03-09, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

"I love big brother!"
me too!
Old 2011-03-09, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #150
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Moneypennie View Post
Well since it's been said that Planetside Next will also be on the ps3 console,