New Helmet Concepts - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: do not point towards face
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-03-07, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: New Helmet Concepts

Originally Posted by Corvo View Post
The concept looks better than the final version imo. Why the duckling nose?

On a second thought I kind of like it. I think it's starting to grow on me
Eh, I assume it has to be less detailed in game so all these new items don't cause fights to crawl.
Old 2013-03-08, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #137
Twasta
Contributor
Corporal

Question: To which classes will that particular helmet be restricted? Kinda hoping it's going to be available to the TR medic.

Old 2013-03-08, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #138
Corvo
Corporal

Originally Posted by Twasta View Post
Question: To which classes will that particular helmet be restricted? Kinda hoping it's going to be available to the TR medic.

Last edited by Corvo; 2013-03-08 at 05:55 AM.
Old 2013-03-08, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #139
Dragonien
Private

Me wont one
Old 2013-03-08, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Twasta
Contributor
Corporal

Good to hear Corvo, thanks for posting.

Old 2013-03-08, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
Ikeda
Private

All of you saying the NC helmet doesn't look like it fits NC's whole ragtag theme seem to forget that NC isn't just some ragtag group. They get prototype equipment from the corporations that back them. That's why they have advanced gauss weapons instead of scrap guns. There's no reason they couldn't eventually be getting prototype armor too.

Last edited by Ikeda; 2013-03-08 at 06:52 PM.
Old 2013-03-08, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Ikeda View Post
All of you saying the NC helmet doesn't look like it fits NC's whole ragtag theme seem to forget that NC isn't just some ragtag group. They get prototype equipment from the corporations that back them. That's why they have advanced gauss weapons instead of scrap guns. There's no reason they couldn't eventually be getting prototype armor too.
Aye they are, for the lack of a better term, the military arm of their corporate sponsors. Ás much as I would like it to be so, they are not rednecks with banjos

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-03-08, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Ikeda View Post
While this is true, a lot of their equipment started out by being... re-purposed. The MAX suit is a good example. Ultimately, they have a design philosophy that the devs should try to stick to for the sake of consistency, particularly as we'll be mixing and matching armor pieces.

Their equipment is hard edges and utilitarian. Not designed to intimidate like the TR, or look organic like the VS. It's function over form, and it looks tough.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2013-03-08 at 07:10 PM.
Old 2013-03-08, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
Ikeda
Private

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
While this is true, a lot of their equipment started out by being... re-purposed. The MAX suit is a good example. Ultimately, they have a design philosophy that the devs should try to stick to for the sake of consistency, particularly as we'll be mixing and matching armor pieces.

Their equipment is hard edges and utilitarian. Not designed to intimidate like the TR, or look organic like the VS. It's function over form, and it looks tough.
So what's saying they can't start out with re-purposed gear and then as time goes on they upgrade to better gear from the corporations? I mean the TR helmet just looks like a evolution of their composite helmet while the VS one looks like they're becoming more style over function than before and even the NC helmet just looks like a evolution of the infiltrator's composite helmet. Could even say the lower rank soldiers use the ragtag armor while the higher rank (people that throw money at sony since they unfortunately won't add cosmetic gear progression from ranks to a F2P game it seems) use the more advanced looking gear. As long as they add some body armor to match it I don't really see a problem. Without body armor to go with it of course the helmet would look rediculous on top of the re-purposed looking armor they have now.

Last edited by Ikeda; 2013-03-08 at 07:40 PM.
Old 2013-03-08, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
Chewy
Major

Think of Iron Man and Warmachine. Both are made from the same base frame but each where molded to fit its own mindset.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1..._zeebow14.jpeg

Iron Man goes for looks and crams the highest tech possible without giving up those looks. Warmachine doesn't care about looks and slaps as much firepower and armor as one can fit on the suit, just as long as it works and does the job.

The NC helm looks as if it was stolen from some VS testing lab. Maybe something of the lines of a reformed welders mask would be a better fit for NC. Or call this guys tailor.
Old 2013-03-08, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Think of Iron Man and Warmachine. Both are made from the same base frame but each where molded to fit its own mindset.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1..._zeebow14.jpeg

Iron Man goes for looks and crams the highest tech possible without giving up those looks. Warmachine doesn't care about looks and slaps as much firepower and armor as one can fit on the suit, just as long as it works and does the job.

The NC helm looks as if it was stolen from some VS testing lab. Maybe something of the lines of a reformed welders mask would be a better fit for NC. Or call this guys tailor.
Agreed 100%.

Old 2013-03-08, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
Bunk
Corporal

no, you NC guys need something blocky. Like a cardboard box or something, that helmet from halo is just too round for you :P
Old 2013-03-08, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
no, you NC guys need something blocky. Like a cardboard box or something, that helmet from halo is just too round for you :P

Old 2013-03-08, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
Badjuju
First Sergeant

I agree but at the same time the current NC gear is just awful looking IMO. Much love is needed. There is no reason it can't intimidate thought at the same time .
Old 2013-03-09, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #150
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Phantomdestiny View Post
the helmets are coming in GU 8 confirmed by matt broome
GU8? So even though they are ingame modeled.. Its still a minimum 5 months away They better start cranking out some new cosmetic stuff sooner.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion