Dont think the HA should be able to fly. - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma is god, We are Just Road signs he ignores on his way to work
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-17, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
Purple
Sergeant Major

Re: Dont think the HA should be able to fly.

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Don't even need to see beta, because all classes MUST be relatively evenly balanced or else the entire class system falls apart. So if HA is ever overpowered as a pilot class, then there is a problem with HA in general and the class must be balanced. Flying is not something that will overpower HA.
I suppose that i was still on how powerfull HA were in PS1. Your right this could be more balanced in PS2.
Old 2012-06-17, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
The Kush
Captain

No heavy assault for vehicles
Old 2012-06-17, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
I suppose that i was still on how powerfull HA were in PS1. Your right this could be more balanced in PS2.
I don't doubt that HA weapons in PS2 will still be powerful either. But LA being able to hop around the battlefield is going to be a good trade off, as will the engi and infiltrator abilities. It's more that other roles have been given a buff in PS2, and that HA can't do much else other than carry big anti infantry and anti vehicle guns.

If HA does end up being overpowered as pilots in PS2, I would certainly want to see some sort of solution. Either tweaking HA in some small way to fix it, or preventing HA from flying. For now, it seems pretty evenly balanced to me though, and I think you will see a lot more engi's and Light Assault flying than Heavy Assault. Light Assault mostly, at least among the better and more dedicated pilots and rapid responders.

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
No heavy assault for vehicles
Got any good reasons or is that just your opinion? Because that would be my initial gut reaction as well, but I can't support that initial reaction with any good reasoning.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-06-17 at 10:54 PM.
Old 2012-06-17, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
Unforgiven
Corporal

as a pilot, and a Heavy assualt marine, i dont think HA should be able to fly.... ever been in the cockpit of a jet fighter at an air show or museum??

now imagine being in that cockpit, with 200lbs of body armor trying to crush you when you pull G's, not to mention the added size in that already super-cramped space.

hell, i bet you wont even be able to lift your self out of the 45 degree angle reclined seat to push the required buttons to fly an aircraft.

i know first hand trying to get out of that type of seat on a M1A1 MBT was impossible, you had to take your vest off to do it.

honestly, HA=No fly

Edit : not to mention if an HA can fly, whats the point of a GAL? it would be a better idea for all of you to just jump in your mossie/reaver/scythe

The Enclave
The Arm of Decision in Battle

Last edited by Unforgiven; 2012-06-17 at 11:04 PM.
Old 2012-06-17, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
honestly, HA=No fly

Edit : not to mention if an HA can fly, whats the point of a GAL? it would be a better idea for all of you to just jump in your mossie/reaver/scythe
If fighters are a superior choice over Galaxies for anyone other than rapid responders, then the system is already broken, even if HA can't pilot. As long as HA isn't objectively better in infantry combat than every other class (ignoring MAXes), than HA flying will be just as balanced as any other class flying.

Also, this is a game, not real life. Things should be realistic when they improve gameplay and unrealistic when when reality is worse for gameplay. Also, this is the future. There is no reason why the armor couldn't be improving a persons ability to withstand G forces rather than crushing them further.
Old 2012-06-17, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
Kran De Loy
Captain

Blocking HA from some vehicles.. eh, alright. From all of them? What? No.

Like allowing an HA to fly a Gal is fine as they're huge bulky behemoths anyway. Or a Sunder or an MBT even. Letting an HA on just about anything is fine.

Forcing a player that is normally a HA to spawn as a different class for no reason just so he can fly is a bit of a dick move. Arbitrarily taking up his time for stuff like that is just mean headed.

Only things I could think of blocking an HA from piloting is maybe the ES air superiority fighters like the Scythe, Mossy or Reaver. However since the amount of sensible vehicles a HA can not get into is so... restricted, why even bother with restricting them in the first place?

So in the end, just wait for BETA testing and if it's a problem then the devs will be able to come up with something about it at that time.

Edit: Also the Flavor Text for the HA class is that the HA armor IS exosuit armor, high tech shit that helps with muscle power and what not, however it is much much lighter and less restrictive than the MAX suit which is where the different limitations on weaponry and mobility comes from.

http://www.planetside2.com/news/heav...-commlink-2012
The development of the Heavy Assault soldier was a relatively recent innovation on Auraxis. Designed to combat the surge of instant nanite-assembled vehicles, their presence on the battlefield poses a serious threat to tanks and infantry alike. Their custom Reinforced Exosuit armor configuration is responsible for their ability to take hits that would kill other soldiers, while their heavy weaponry allows them to punch holes in enemy tanks or lay down sustained fire. Equipped with some of the strongest armor and weapons available to infantry, a seasoned Heavy Assault will leave a path of corpses and burning wreckage in their wake.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-06-17 at 11:29 PM.
Old 2012-06-18, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #142
Bags
Lieutenant General

HA can take like 1 more bullet than a LA so I don't see the big deal. Plus, LA can jetpack out and avoid the ejector seat.
Old 2012-06-18, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #143
Traak
Colonel

It isn't how many more bullets they can take that's the issue. It's how many they can dish out.

Like a MAX, your plane is your weapon. If you want to keep using it to fight, don't get shot down. Padding the capabilities of some of the fastest and most heavily armed vehicles with enabling the pilot to also pack the most firepower? It's like a Gundam Mobile Suit.

Carry a knife and a pistol and avoid flak. It's part of being a pilot.
Old 2012-06-18, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #144
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
It isn't how many more bullets they can take that's the issue. It's how many they can dish out.

Like a MAX, your plane is your weapon. If you want to keep using it to fight, don't get shot down. Padding the capabilities of some of the fastest and most heavily armed vehicles with enabling the pilot to also pack the most firepower? It's like a Gundam Mobile Suit.

Carry a knife and a pistol and avoid flak. It's part of being a pilot.
Well then LA shouldn't be allowed in either.
Old 2012-06-18, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #145
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Well then LA shouldn't be allowed in either.
traak is PS1 fodder and extremely butt hurt about anything that killed him ever(which is everything) best to ignore all he says.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-18, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #146
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
The devs have to stick with their vision though, or the fans will destroy it. It happened somewhat with the first Planetside.
Except they've made a whole bunch of design decisions based off of the end of life broken version of PS1, y'know, the one 'the fans destroyed' and there's a bunch of players saying it's a bad call and they get shouted down for it.
Old 2012-06-18, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #147
Rexdezi
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
Personal attacks are uncalled for. There was a reason i posted this asking for other points of view.
my point of view is that this topic is completely stupid and that your argument has no merit of any kind.
Old 2012-06-18, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #148
Rexdezi
Sergeant

if HA cant get into a plane because of their armour, why can a LA get in with their jetpack, where is the space to store an infiltrators sniper, engineers tools, medics medipacks?
Old 2012-06-18, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #149
Kran De Loy
Captain

There really is no logical point at this time to restrict HA from getting into any of the vehicles currently on the roster.

If this were PS1 where Rexos could do just about everything (Heal, Repair, Heavy Weapons) then I would completely agree with limiting them from being able to pilot anything.

Since it's not PS1 and the HA are just as valid a choice for piloting as any other class, no more; no less, then this whole argument is moot.

At least until Beta when you can actively point at something that needs balancing.
Old 2012-06-18, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #150
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
There really is no logical point at this time to restrict HA from getting into any of the vehicles currently on the roster.

If this were PS1 where Rexos could do just about everything (Heal, Repair, Heavy Weapons) then I would completely agree with limiting them from being able to pilot anything.

Since it's not PS1 and the HA are just as valid a choice for piloting as any other class, no more; no less, then this whole argument is moot.

At least until Beta when you can actively point at something that needs balancing.
Actually, the Engineer is the best choice as drivers/pilots because they can repair. So they are a more valid choice. Then Light Assault is a below that as pilots. Then rest are equal validility while Infiltrator is least valid as driver/pilot. (Except for quadbike for recon).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion