Plan C: We keep both, the Lattice AND the Hex - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: [Sig Removed by Admin]
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-30, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Plan C: We keep both, the Lattice AND the Hex

Well at the end of the day, not even alerts can keep Indar from being the most populated continent on Waterson.

And for once The Crown has nothing to do with it.

Old 2013-05-30, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
Zadexin
Corporal

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
The hex system would have been perfect for an RPG game where sieges can take weeks and months, making each choice of attack and defense critical to the survival of a given faction. But in PS2, everything happens too fast for it to actually add anything to the game, not to mention the consequences for bad strategic planning and action simply do not exist.
This is really the crux of the problem. In PS2 you can spawn miles away in seconds. Everything moves WAY too fast for any meaningful use of a hex system. It just becomes a dog chasing its tail. Unless every base is manned 24/7 the hex system is doomed to fail.

The lattice system should have been implemented a long LONG time ago. Like 3 months after launch. Now we are stuck with 20 minute base cap times, scu that can't be shut down, and impenetrable vehicle shields. All of which were bandaids for the hex system and make no freakin sense in the lattice.
Old 2013-06-10, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Stick Pin
Private

About 60% of my TR outfit don't like the Lattice. It seems every Alert there is a stand off at a bridge, road or whatever. It just turns into a stalemate, where all we can do is spam rounds, die, spawn, rinse, repeat. Get tired of a low KD doing that, plus as always, the FPS tank in those large fights-thus the low KD. I personally avoid alerts on Indar.
Old 2013-06-10, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
Crator
Major General

^ There was some alerts and lattice talk on the Squad Beacon recording from Sunday. Someone mentioned they didn't like how the alerts worked with the lattice as well. They could probably refine some things with that tbh.

Last edited by Crator; 2013-06-10 at 05:46 PM.
Old 2013-06-10, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Stick Pin View Post
where all we can do is spam rounds, die, spawn, rinse, repeat.
Sounds like someone needs more tactical thinkers in their outfit.

Old 2013-06-10, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
camycamera
Major

at the end of the day, it all comes down to majority rules. i like it, vets like it, lots of others like it, and so do SOE. Hex was broken, it is time to move on.

also i question to the vets: did the same backlash occur when ps1 changed to lattice from whatever it was?
Old 2013-06-10, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
at the end of the day, it all comes down to majority rules. i like it, vets like it, lots of others like it, and so do SOE. Hex was broken, it is time to move on.

also i question to the vets: did the same backlash occur when ps1 changed to lattice from whatever it was?
There were a few 'strategic geniuses' who didn't like the PS1 lattice.

Old 2013-06-11, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #143
TheAadvark
Corporal

Originally Posted by Kerrec View Post
They did NOT spend 6 months FIXING the Hex. They fixed all kinds of other stuff, but nothing specific to the issues people had with Hex.
Ahem... so according to you the SOE offices for Planetside 2 are in the basement and manned by the not so best and brightest. I'm sure they have enough manpower to allocate various tasks to.
Old 2013-06-11, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #144
TheAadvark
Corporal

Honestly the lattice system is a god send. with the hex system about 5% of any map would be in use at any given time. I don't know about you but that is a freaking huge waste of the time and money poured into this game.

Consequently I had no idea of the terrain at any point on Indar other than Zurvan-Crown-Cross Roads / Quartz Ridge- Havar- Indar Bay Point etc. , now with the lattice I see how the level designers envisioned battle flow.

On most base's/outpost's there is enough cover to provide infantry a fighting chance to repel any push mechanized or otherwise. So long as there are enough people to watch your flank. Every nook and cranny here and there is exactly the right place for cover.

And honestly vehicle zergs are not dominant anymore !!!! They have to act like how tanks should and stay at a distance and lay down fire. HALLELUJAH !!!. If any of you say otherwise look up the Battle of Stalingrad.

In summary.

1) With the lattice system, we have a very good balance of infantry and vehicle action. Both equally engaging. ( although I believe tanks have become a little too weak) Because every base now has enough reinforcements to put up a defense.

2) Continent terrain design really shines now (can't wait for lattice on Amerish) as it forces you to duck and cover and thank god or rather the devs that they've put this miserable little rock out here in the middle of hell, lol.

3) Fuck your K/D. This is the path to true enlightenment brethren of Auraxis.
Old 2013-06-11, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #145
Solar
Private

Originally Posted by TheAadvark View Post
In summary.

3) Fuck your K/D. This is the path to true enlightenment brethren of Auraxis.
Lmao ! but it's easy for you to say that when your k/d is decent !

But jokes aside I say lattice is doing it for me like hex never could. It's just a different kind of lover ... lattice likes it longer and more passionate while Hex even though he had his times , mostly stops short ...... btw wtf is this
Old 2013-06-11, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #146
TheAadvark
Corporal

Originally Posted by Solar View Post
But jokes aside I say lattice is doing it for me like hex never could. It's just a different kind of lover ... lattice likes it longer and more passionate while Hex even though he had his times , mostly stops short ...... btw wtf is this
Bwahahaha ! where would that smiley ever be appropriate ??? Banana sex lol! OMG LOL it looks so dirdy !!
Old 2013-06-11, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #147
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
There were a few 'strategic geniuses' who didn't like the PS1 lattice.
That sounds familiar.
Old 2013-06-11, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #148
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Stick Pin View Post
About 60% of my TR outfit don't like the Lattice. It seems every Alert there is a stand off at a bridge, road or whatever. It just turns into a stalemate, where all we can do is spam rounds, die, spawn, rinse, repeat. Get tired of a low KD doing that, plus as always, the FPS tank in those large fights-thus the low KD. I personally avoid alerts on Indar.
Then why dont you guys just flank? I dont mean run to another territory to capture it, thats bullshit. I mean going around the enemy with Infantary or Vehicles, and attacking that enemy zerg from the side, causing great chaos and lotta kills.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion