News: New Video Assault on Hvar Tech Plant - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I need 15cc's of love, STAT!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-21, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
FireStormNova
Corporal

Re: New Video Assault on Hvar Tech Plant

Originally Posted by Madlaps View Post
Just quietly, SOE are horrible at teasers and trailers... Make a bloody CGI rendition of Planetside 2, with a squad hot dropping into a massive battle at night (tracers everywhere) - while going all tactical formation down base corridors.

Assassins Creed 3... now THATS a trailer.
Yea i think your right! If they had a bad azz CGI of Planetsside not only would it be so cool but it would probly boost advertising interest for potential Planetside 2 players!

Not to mention that most of the top mmo's and shooter's have CGI type advertising?
Old 2012-06-21, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by FireStormNova View Post
Yea i think your right! If they had a bad azz CGI of Planetsside not only would it be so cool but it would probly boost advertising interest for potential Planetside 2 players!

Not to mention that most of the top mmo's and shooter's have CGI type advertising?
Stuff like that cost shit-tons of money, vs. machinma. SOE's not spending anymore on this game than they absolutely have to.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
FireStormNova
Corporal

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
My general impression is that they are trying to capture the three major types of continent from the first game with the first three PS2 continents.

Esamir and Ceryshen = New Esamir.
Ishandur, Old Oshur and Solsar = Indar.
Amerish, Forseral and Hossin = New Amerish.

Then they'll start expanding into more exotic continent themes like island chains on New Cyssor and volcanic networks across New Searhus, probably with some new continent ideas as well. But even just with those 5, that's already 10,000 players, which is double the number of players a PS1 server could support.
Dont forget for a later expantion : crazy alien crystal landscape ? They even had it in the concept art? Probly would take the place of the crystal mines?

Last edited by FireStormNova; 2012-06-21 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 2012-06-22, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #139
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Madlaps View Post
Just quietly, SOE are horrible at teasers and trailers... Make a bloody CGI rendition of Planetside 2, with a squad hot dropping into a massive battle at night (tracers everywhere) - while going all tactical formation down base corridors.

Assassins Creed 3... now THATS a trailer.
UbiSoft made a badass trailer for AC Brotherhood, however it ended up being utter garbage. So you would rather play a terrible game just because it has a really good trailer, rather than a very good game, that just happens to have a very cheesy trailer. CGI trailers costs a lot, and all they do is over exaggerate a very crappy game (every single mainstream game). The trailers they make for Planetside 2 all show off the cool mechanics that are in the game. Its not about the looks, its about the things you see in the trailer. Besides, Planetside 2 has really good graphics, what would be the point of making a CGI trailer. Oh and AC3 may look cool, but I know for a fact it's going to disappoint, the AC series hasn't been good since AC2

Last edited by IHateMMOs; 2012-06-22 at 02:45 AM.
Old 2012-06-22, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #140
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by IHateMMOs View Post
UbiSoft made a badass trailer for AC Brotherhood, however it ended up being utter garbage. So you would rather play a terrible game just because it has a really good trailer, rather than a very good game, that just happens to have a very cheesy trailer. CGI trailers costs a lot, and all they do is over exaggerate a very crappy game (every single mainstream game). The trailers they make for Planetside 2 all show off the cool mechanics that are in the game. Its not about the looks, its about the things you see in the trailer. Besides, Planetside 2 has really good graphics, what would be the point of making a CGI trailer. Oh and AC3 may look cool, but I know for a fact it's going to disappoint, the AC series hasn't been good since AC2
The series did drop after AC2, i like AC brotherhood and revelations, but they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas. So now with a whole new setting and time period, i think AC3 should be awesome, i hope it is. I mostly play because the story is so good. I must see all pieces of eden.

I also hope they add in a piece of eden that makes people commit suicide, which i wished AC brotherhood did, how awesome would it be to see soldiers stabbing themselves, shooting themselves or jumping off buildings?
Old 2012-06-22, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #141
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

I noticed something that players might have missed - halfway through the video, an NC MAX appears to have a small shield across their chest area. Might that mean there will be a shield augmentation to provide more protection to MAXes?

Old 2012-06-22, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #142
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Much better than the e3 trailer , gets to the point without all the cheesy voice acting and lore BS.

To be critical , these always just look like zerg v zerg footage , people strategically blocking the opponents bullets with their bodies. More lemmings ftw.
Old 2012-06-22, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hyncharas View Post
I noticed something that players might have missed - halfway through the video, an NC MAX appears to have a small shield across their chest area. Might that mean there will be a shield augmentation to provide more protection to MAXes?
That's been commented on earlier -- the predominant speculation is that that's a (placeholder?) graphic related to the engineer that's repairing him.
Old 2012-06-22, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
Garem
Sergeant

Maybe it's just me, but the fights seem... frantic, but not in a good way. I saw people just running and shooting their friends in the back. It's zerg-y. PS has SOME of that, but it also has some cool tactical play from basic to advanced, and I think that's the real selling point.

zOMG 1000 people to shoot at is cool. HOLYFWTFBBQ there are 1000 people to outmaneuver and outthink is truly the selling point for most gamers these days I'd like to think.
Old 2012-06-22, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Garem View Post
Maybe it's just me, but the fights seem... frantic, but not in a good way. I saw people just running and shooting their friends in the back. It's zerg-y. PS has SOME of that, but it also has some cool tactical play from basic to advanced, and I think that's the real selling point.

zOMG 1000 people to shoot at is cool. HOLYFWTFBBQ there are 1000 people to outmaneuver and outthink is truly the selling point for most gamers these days I'd like to think.
Agree

The sort of thing i want to see is camera from one guys NC fps perspective , dropping on a base with a team. Coordinated teamwork attacking a a set objective (noob viewer thinks..mmm..its like counterstrike this)
Then the camera zooms out slightly to notice theres another 2 or 3 squads on the same team in the same area . Its slightly urban feel to it , and then an aircraft flies overhead. (mmm...could be CoD ?? )
Camera then pans out and leaves the team and swings to a viewpoint of the VS and realise the 3 squads you just saw are about to face a whole platoon just out of the NC field of vision . You are fighting within a facility. (could this be BF3 ? )
Finally a whole plethora of mosquitos , liberators and galaxies are heard in the distance by a single vs, and the camera zooms out to realise to the viewer that not only is the superb footage they just saw amazing but that was just a teeny weeny part of the fight in the immediate corner of a land mass. Which you then realise is just one small corner of an entire continent .
Then zoom out even further into space to realise thats just one continent of many.
Its dark now , and you can see the fire flashes all over the globe everywhere because its eternal war.

Maybe some epitaph at end ..You think youve seen war? you ain't seen nothing yet ..Planetside.

Something to make it feel like at the end of 300 when the Persians just killed the last of the three hundred (who just kicked the crap out of legions of persians) , hear a noise then realise another 10000 spartans just turned up.
Old 2012-06-22, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
Bags
Lieutenant General

I don't know what game you guys were playing, but the main fights (where the bulk of the players were) in ps1 were just piles of people flinging themselves at piles of people.
Old 2012-06-23, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #147
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I don't know what game you guys were playing, but the main fights (where the bulk of the players were) in ps1 were just piles of people flinging themselves at piles of people.
It still is and will continue to be

Old 2012-06-23, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #148
Chiron
Private

I still have my Vanu key chain. My Barney blood runs purple with the desire for my trusty Pulsar. HooRAH! Technology is MIGHT.

As a free to play game there will be thousands of zerglings subscribing. Yes it will be chaotic, but war at that scale always will be. There will be a penalty for teamkilling so that should be hopefully under control. The dedicated players will be in outfits and ride the chaos to victory. Let the zerg go first, then after they are out of the way and the enemy is softened up outfits go in and clean house.

God I am so looking forward to this.

Last edited by Chiron; 2012-06-23 at 02:30 AM.
Old 2012-06-25, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
FireStormNova
Corporal

Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
Agree

The sort of thing i want to see is camera from one guys NC fps perspective , dropping on a base with a team. Coordinated teamwork attacking a a set objective (noob viewer thinks..mmm..its like counterstrike this)
Then the camera zooms out slightly to notice theres another 2 or 3 squads on the same team in the same area . Its slightly urban feel to it , and then an aircraft flies overhead. (mmm...could be CoD ?? )
Camera then pans out and leaves the team and swings to a viewpoint of the VS and realise the 3 squads you just saw are about to face a whole platoon just out of the NC field of vision . You are fighting within a facility. (could this be BF3 ? )
Finally a whole plethora of mosquitos , liberators and galaxies are heard in the distance by a single vs, and the camera zooms out to realise to the viewer that not only is the superb footage they just saw amazing but that was just a teeny weeny part of the fight in the immediate corner of a land mass. Which you then realise is just one small corner of an entire continent .
Then zoom out even further into space to realise thats just one continent of many.
Its dark now , and you can see the fire flashes all over the globe everywhere because its eternal war.

Maybe some epitaph at end ..You think youve seen war? you ain't seen nothing yet ..Planetside.

Something to make it feel like at the end of 300 when the Persians just killed the last of the three hundred (who just kicked the crap out of legions of persians) , hear a noise then realise another 10000 spartans just turned up.
Bingo! we have a winner
This is what they need to show potential new PS2 gammers!
Ill take tactical skilled players over the mindless zerg any day!
Old school zerg = cannon fodder
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion