Tech Test starting at 6pm, Invites going out now! - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: has hacked your brain!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-15, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #151
Vagabond
Private

Re: Tech Test starting at 6pm, Invites going out now!

Originally Posted by eybro View Post
I think we need to re-examine what we have been told by SOE about the beta in order to understand why people are "uber complaining":

1. At E3 IIRC the exe producer said beta was two weeks away, it was said they they would have a break after E3 and then rollout beta. E3 ended on June 7th.

2. Then the whole twitter (and FB) key giveaway fiasco happened with people spamming #planetside2 for days trying to get keys.. as someone who tried and gave up (even made fan art lol) it was annoying to say the least.

3. Then Higby said on AGN that he would get a haircut when beta started.

4. Then we were told by I think Smedly on twitter soon after E3 that it would be within a month.

5. Then there where a few more SOON™s metioned by various devs.

6. Then we were told the "short" tech test had begun and the beta would follow soon after.

7. Weeks later Higby announced he was getting a haircut on thursday sending people into a omgfrenzy.

8. Thursday came and went with no beta rollout and a pre-mature haircut.

9. The community event happened and a video was posted on youtube where some guy said there were 100,000 PS1 vets most of which will not understand why they won't get into beta straight away, basically admitting that they will have to deal with the beta overhype.

10. Now we are back to waiting "1-2 weeks" for a tech test where only a relatively small number of US only testers with shitty computers are playing what sounds like a terribly bugged early beta version of the game.

^that is only what I can recollect atm.. I think it is fair to say that it could have been handled better and its actually quite easy to see why people are "uber complaining".
Pretty much this. They're essentially lying to us, but the fanboys aren't going to care. No one would be upset if they just did not say when beta was going to happen or tell us some arbitrary time period. Their actions are different than their statements. It's like a bad politician. It should be no surprise that people are frustrated.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #152
Sotonian
Corporal

Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Pretty much this. They're essentially lying to us, but the fanboys aren't going to care. No one would be upset if they just did not say when beta was going to happen or tell us some arbitrary time period. Their actions are different than their statements. It's like a bad politician. It should be no surprise that people are frustrated.
Could be a play by play of the SWTOR EU beta fiasco, which ended up never happening till they just let everyone in who registered for the beta. I'm not complaining though, its understandable with a game that's in development that delays can and will happen. I think the best policy would have been to not announce any date or time frames at all.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #153
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
They might be "lying" to us. But it's not like they are intentionally lying, with the purpose of deceiving and hurting their potential playerbase. Truth is, they don't know. They don't know when beta will start, because they don't know how long the tech test will take.

And you can argue that they just shouldn't have said anything about when beta will start until it's ready. But I for one am very happy that they have been more transparent about their progress than almost any other dev team I've seen.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #154
MonsterBone
First Sergeant

RELAX

They started the beta with an equipment check out which is going on NOW. If I were them I would look up your emails and KICK YOU OUT OF THE BETA. Since its obvious none of you have any patience.

And this is a true beta test not a game demo. They will require people to test things.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #155
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Still wicked fucking pissed I didn't get an invite to this. Not even pissed in a fanboy way. Pissed in a 9 years of subscription loyalty and didn't get into it kind of way.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #156
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Dont get to much into this, you will attend in the Game Later.
We are all Waiting , but being pissed of over a Tech test, hate me or not, is kind of Childish.
Im Also really into this Game, i check my Twitter very often, see whats new ect.
AND i live in Europe
Wich means another SOON for me.
Life is more than waiting for a Game , isn´t it ?

You did Play 9 Years because you loved the Game "indirect" ?
Planetside 2 will also be a New Game, for Everybody.
I can see the Threads out there like in the Ps1 Forum

Thank you Bone it is how it is, Beta Test does not mean Beta Access, its the Game politic´s from Dice & Co that let people think Beta meand just Gaming ...well

Last edited by Rago; 2012-07-15 at 12:33 AM.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #157
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

Really, people are going to sit here and piss and moan that they don't get to test INSTALLING THE CLIENT AND CONNECTING TO A SERVER?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #158
indirect
Staff Sergeant

I don't understand anything you just said.
I'm sorry that I literally suffered for a game I loved for the past 4 years (around 250~ active players for the past 4 years) and am perturbed that I did not get invited to be in the very fucking first email wave that went out. I don't know why I said 'sorry' I'm not sorry for it.

If you understood anything about loyalty you'd understand my peeve. "Later" is not suffice when I've spent more time playing PS1 than I have showering, shitting, and shaving in my life.

Originally Posted by IceyCold View Post
Really, people are going to sit here and piss and moan that they don't get to test INSTALLING THE CLIENT AND CONNECTING TO A SERVER?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
If you REALLY think that's what the Tech Test is you need to go sit on your bed, pull out your sidearm, stick it in your mouth, and blow the back of your skull open - rid the world of one more complete idiot.

That might be a bit gratuitous, but you get the idea.

Last edited by indirect; 2012-07-15 at 12:38 AM.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #159
soulsurfsublime
Corporal

Who is to say they aren't hand picking vets to do the tech test? Just too early to say. I feel as though my life has no meaning tonight not being able to play, but I am sure it will pass. (I hope)
Old 2012-07-15, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #160
rTekku
Sergeant

Originally Posted by indirect View Post
I'm sorry that I literally suffered for a game I loved for the past 4 years (around 250~ active players for the past 4 years) and am perturbed that I did not get invited to be in the very fucking first email wave that went out. I don't know why I said 'sorry' I'm not sorry for it.

If you understood anything about loyalty you'd understand my peeve. "Later" is not suffice when I've spent more time playing PS1 than I have showering, shitting, and shaving in my life.

If you REALLY think that's what the Tech Test is you need to go sit on your bed, pull out your sidearm, stick it in your mouth, and blow the back of your skull open - rid the world of one more complete idiot.

You're going to be one of the first people into the beta and you're crying about a technical test? Seriously? Please show me where they said anything about letting vets into the tech test first?
Old 2012-07-15, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #161
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Indirect, cool down a Bit.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #162
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Still wicked fucking pissed I didn't get an invite to this. Not even pissed in a fanboy way. Pissed in a 9 years of subscription loyalty and didn't get into it kind of way.
They owe you nothing. You traded them money for a service they provided. A feeling of entitlement doesn't help anyone.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #163
codylee
Private

That might be a bit gratuitous, but you get the idea.
there is a simple answer to all this, your stupid. You should get off the forum for a while Mr.Flamer
Old 2012-07-15, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #164
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by codylee View Post
there is a simple answer to all this, your stupid. You should get off the forum for a while Mr.Flamer
You're no better than him now.

inb4 thread lock.

You guys will get in when you get in.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #165
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

I thought you were just trolling a bit with your first post...but you are serious..let me laugh more.

Either that or you are trolling HARD
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion